Experience yesterday on disembarking FLL to catch flight.

DaveOKC

4 minutes ago, isladonna said:
  • OH MY..now I'm worried about my 10:15 flight.  If we carry off our own luggage, chances are we will be ok I'm thinking/hoping!  But of course, if something goes wrong...but debarking on a Thursday, maybe that helps with crowds.

You'll be fine, don't worry.  Do self assist as you planned.

On 12/22/2019 at 5:54 PM, intrepid55 said:

No. I am not saying there was no TSA pre check at the airport. What I am saying that if they used the Global Entry when disembarking then the wait at the cruise port could be greatly shortened. There was no Global Entry offered and I have it. U.S citizens were expedited. No one else.

One and a half hour in line is unnecessary and unreasonable and does nothing to endear you to either the Cruise line or the country.

I can recall a few years ago when entering the U.K. for example, that the immigration officer boarded the ship a few days before landing and checked the passengers paperwork. I call this efficiency at its highest and shows what you can do if you try!

Apparently you missed all of the Brexit related airport chaos in Europe....

5 minutes ago, isladonna said:

I think so too 🙂

I'm always home before 8am doing self assist and I live well past the airport.  I don't line up first either.  You can go down an hour early and get in the front of the line of you really want to be safe.

4 hours ago, isladonna said:
  • OH MY..now I'm worried about my 10:15 flight.  If we carry off our own luggage, chances are we will be ok I'm thinking/hoping!  But of course, if something goes wrong...but debarking on a Thursday, maybe that helps with crowds.

I've been picking people up nonstop at the FLL airport the past month and it is always packed.

2 hours ago, isladonna said:

would the fact that it is on a Thursday make a difference in crowds?  Do you drive a taxi?

Weekends are typically more crowded than weekdays.

Blue does not drive a cab or Uber (I think 🙄) - like most residents of South FLA she probably gets lots of visitors from up north during the winter months!

20 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Weekends are typically more crowded than weekdays.

Blue does not drive a cab or Uber (I think 🙄) - like most residents of South FLA she probably gets lots of visitors from up north during the winter months!

Hahaha!  This is exactly what the situation is.

I do not drive a taxi or uber but I've certainly felt like one of their drivers this month.  My friends coming in town is non stop through March.