Free Pinnacle Cruise

alane10

We will hit Pinnacle in a little over a year.

However, we are getting ready to book our 2021 and spring 2022 cruises as they finish opening up this week. 

Is there a time limit/expiration on when we must take the free pinnacle cruise? 

I’m  a bit concerned that we will book all our vacations through spring 2022, and not have an open week to use the free cruise. I’m hoping if there is a time limit that it’s just to book, but hoping some helpful pinnacles can provide some clarification?

It’s 6 months to book it, not sure how long you have to take it.  We found out the hard way.  We had a lot of cruises booked also and were not paying attention and never received a notice about the pinnacle cruise or our name tags.  I think a porch pirate now has pinnacle name tags.  It just passed us by.  I called C&A and they informed me that my time limit for booking was over and I lost it. 😩

Just now, alane10 said:

Thank you for the quick responses!

@Host Clarea Great news that they can be applied to an existing cruise. 

@itsmeagain Sorry to hear that you missed out on yours - I’ll be sure not to wait to hear from RCI!

You get a $2400 credit at 700 and 1050 points (and $3200 every 350 points thereafter) for your booked cruise.  In typical Royal fashion, they take away the balcony discount when you apply the Pinnacle free cruise credit.

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You get a $2400 credit at 700 and 1050 points (and $3200 every 350 points thereafter) for your booked cruise.  In typical Royal fashion, they take away the balcony discount when you apply the Pinnacle free cruise credit.

Oh that’s good to know! I was wondering if I should save it for a more expensive holiday cruise, but sounds like it doesn’t matter if it’s a credit.

Any idea if my son will receive cruise points if we are fully paying his portion of the cruise fare?

Just now, alane10 said:

Oh that’s good to know! I was wondering if I should save it for a more expensive holiday cruise, but sounds like it doesn’t matter if it’s a credit.

Any idea if my son will receive cruise points if we are fully paying his portion of the cruise fare?

With regard to points, it does not matter who pays, it only matters who cruises.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

I don’t doubt your response however our experience (and RC’s wording) states a 7 night cruise or $2400 toward a cruise. The 7 night Caribbean cruise we chose in the most expensive balcony cabin was accepted. Of course we paid for taxes and port fees. Perhaps we were fortunate for this to work to our advantage. 

As someone posted already you can apply the free cruise to an existing reservation even if it’s next year. The free cruise must be booked/applied within 6 months. 

59 minutes ago, island284 said:

I don’t doubt your response however our experience (and RC’s wording) states a 7 night cruise or $2400 toward a cruise. The 7 night Caribbean cruise we chose in the most expensive balcony cabin was accepted. Of course we paid for taxes and port fees. Perhaps we were fortunate for this to work to our advantage. 

As someone posted already you can apply the free cruise to an existing reservation even if it’s next year. The free cruise must be booked/applied within 6 months. 

We take ours in June, the going rate is around 4 grand. No balcony discount, but in our case it doesn't matter, we didn't pay anything but tips and taxes. 

• Like 1

We applied our $2400 to upgrade our cabin on an existing cruise. By doing this we lost our Crown and Anchor discount of $250 and our next cruise On Board Credit of $300. This was done in 2018. Not sure if the rules have changed since then.

6 hours ago, STANMELB said:

We applied our $2400 to upgrade our cabin on an existing cruise. By doing this we lost our Crown and Anchor discount of $250 and our next cruise On Board Credit of $300. This was done in 2018. Not sure if the rules have changed since then.

I didn't realize that the Next Cruise OBC was also forfeited.

4 minutes ago, TPCRUISER2 said:

Bob, you said it does not matter who pays, just who cruises. Quess not sure what you ment? Could you help me understand. Or do you just mean the Pinnicale must cruise. Thanks in advance!

I meant that C&A points go to the people who cruise, no matter who pays for the cruise.

Great suggestions. I would make sure about the time restrictions on the cruising date. I believe it said that it must be taken within 6 months from the date it was issued.

One, also need to remember that all C&A discounts, OBC credit as well as any other perks will be taken away. It also applies to your TA perks. Select the cruise with the least perks otherwise your credit might go down up to half of the amount.

As long as you pay one dollar you also will collect your points. Taxes and fees do not count for payment to receive C&A points.

59 minutes ago, sdude said:

Great suggestions. I would make sure about the time restrictions on the cruising date. I believe it said that it must be taken within 6 months from the date it was issued.

One, also need to remember that all C&A discounts, OBC credit as well as any other perks will be taken away. It also applies to your TA perks. Select the cruise with the least perks otherwise your credit might go down up to half of the amount.

As long as you pay one dollar you also will collect your points. Taxes and fees do not count for payment to receive C&A points.

Thank for the advice. I’m going to go check the cruises we have booked after our pinnacle cruise to figure out where we have the least amount of perks already. 

53 minutes ago, alane10 said:

Thank for the advice. I’m going to go check the cruises we have booked after our pinnacle cruise to figure out where we have the least amount of perks already. 

I look at it as an excuse to book another cruise😁

On 12/16/2019 at 8:22 PM, itsmeagain said:

It’s 6 months to book it, not sure how long you have to take it.  We found out the hard way.  We had a lot of cruises booked also and were not paying attention and never received a notice about the pinnacle cruise or our name tags.  I think a porch pirate now has pinnacle name tags.  It just passed us by.  I called C&A and they informed me that my time limit for booking was over and I lost it. 😩

That's a fine way to treat their most valued customers.  🤔

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

live got an open booking credit I need to use or lose.  I’ll be pinnacle within a month and want to look at using this credit somewhere.

i am thinking I can use it. 

What I am unsure about is whether I can apply the $2400 credit to an inside room.  Some people think you have to get a balcony or better.  I don’t get that from reading various versions of the terms and conditions that are floating around. 

Can someone with actual knowledge please let me know if I can book with my open booking credit and then have crown and anchor apply the credit and also whether it can be used on an inside cabin?

TIA

💐

24 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

Hi all,

live got an open booking credit I need to use or lose.  I’ll be pinnacle within a month and want to look at using this credit somewhere.

i am thinking I can use it. 

What I am unsure about is whether I can apply the $2400 credit to an inside room.  Some people think you have to get a balcony or better.  I don’t get that from reading various versions of the terms and conditions that are floating around. 

Can someone with actual knowledge please let me know if I can book with my open booking credit and then have crown and anchor apply the credit and also whether it can be used on an inside cabin?

TIA

💐

I'd talk with the D+ desk people at C&A and ask that question.

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I'd talk with the D+ desk people at C&A and ask that question.

Thanks but in Australia we all go through the same number.  There is no special desk or person to assist in these matters.  The US call centre will not talk to us.  

I’m still looking for Someone with actual knowledge of whether the free cruise credit can be used for an inside cabin.

1 minute ago, MichellePerth said:

Thanks but in Australia we all go through the same number.  There is no special desk or person to assist in these matters.  The US call centre will not talk to us.  

I’m still looking for Someone with actual knowledge of whether the free cruise credit can be used for an inside cabin.

I'd still contact C&A.  What they did fro one person may no longer apply.  These kinds of things can be open to interpretation.  Do you have an email you can use?

40 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

Are you saying that the inside cabin would cost more than $2400 USD?  Then you just get to apply the $2400 to the price, whatever it is, in whatever cabin it is.  (you could book the Royal Suite, and take $2400 off the price)

If the inside cabin is on a 7 night cruise, yes, you can cruise for free with your Pinnacle certificate.  

But if it's a 7 night cruise, you can cruise for free in a balcony cabin.

So I guess I'm confused.  Why would you want an inside cabin?