Help! Traveling with "Those People"

kiddo76

6 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Yes, one that my brother did not want to actively think about regarding his mother.

It can also mean exhausted, the somewhat ruder one is really only used for that purpose in “get stuffed”.

The one that seems to embarrass visiting Americans most is discussions about thongs 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, MamaFej said:

I remember my brother coming home from a trip to Australia in the late 80s. We went out to dinner. Mom ate too much and said she was stuffed. Brother proceeded to tell us that "stuffed" has a very different meeting in Australia. 

stuffed to me is either very very full [ i am nearly there now to be honest lol ] or when you have been working your butt off so to speak [working hard lol] and am exhausted and could sleep for a week so to speak , any other i am not sure on maybe ones i dont know about which is possible when kids these days turn normal words into meaning other stuff 

16 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Well yes and no. It has the meaning your mother meant, but also another.

now got me thinking don't mean D.... do we ?? just saw following posts the d one i dont think you mean i think , now i am confused lol 

Edited by Hawka

On 12/19/2019 at 8:52 AM, kiddo76 said:

5. MY FIL, who has already had some skin cancer removed, refused to use my SPF 50 lotion because "they say anything above 30 is just a marketing scheme".

So he would rather use nothing at all? (Or did he use his own?) 

Just now, dobiemom said:

So he would rather use nothing at all? (Or did he use his own?) 

DH offered him some while walking around San Juan. That's when he mentioned the SPF thing. He didn't put any on and he waited until passing a CVS to buy some.

On 12/23/2019 at 3:20 PM, kiddo76 said:

Thank you for the advice. After some other concerning incidents during the trip, I did actually mention to DH that I was getting worried about FIL.☹

😞 

On 12/23/2019 at 3:33 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

So.... FIL was super weird on our 2nd and last cruise.  Rude, forgetful, etc.  and now, 5 years later we realize it was early stage Alzheimer’s 😞. We didn’t make a big deal of it back then, but now we really wish we would have said something (he is now end stage Alzheimer’s) 😞

😞 

We accompanied my husband's sister and BIL on their 50th anniversary cruise 10 years ago.  It was fine.

Today I can hardly stand to be in the same room with the BIL.  He had a heart attack and a triple by-pass a few years ago and his personality changed drastically.  He is now extremely impatient and is very vocal about getting his way NOW.  Of course, he is 10 years older now but we noticed this change immediately after the heart attack.

To quote a friend from the South, "Bless their hearts".  LOL

I'd feign a headache (migraine might be good for a couple of days), rather than mention Noro, as they may tell others, and you'd be quarantined with gruel and crackers for the duration.  With a migraine, you can still order from the room service menu and not worry about having someone deliver it wearing a hazmat suit.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂