How many ships at Coco Cay

pjewell910

Simple question.  How many ships can Coco Cay handle at once .    We are going to the island in may on the Oasis and we thought we had to island to ourself .  Now if you research there 3 ships going to be there that day.    I  didn't think they can do 3 ships at once.  Please tell me i am wrong lol

14 minutes ago, pjewell910 said:

Simple question.  How many ships can Coco Cay handle at once .    We are going to the island in may on the Oasis and we thought we had to island to ourself .  Now if you research there 3 ships going to be there that day.    I  didn't think they can do 3 ships at once.  Please tell me i am wrong lol

Last update from Royal that I read about Coco Cay was that it could accommodate up to 12,000 at one time.  Oasis Class on one side of pier and two Voyager Class on the other side. 

29 minutes ago, pjewell910 said:

I think the island can handle that many guests, though the wait at waterpark attractions might be excessive.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

I think the island can handle that many guests, though the wait at waterpark attractions might be excessive.

Work better First comes in and leaves early, Last comes later and spends the nite. Wouldn't want be there all 3 ships same. Miss the days 25yrs ago when at most might have 500-1000 ashore here or at Labadee. Rustic, quiet.

Edited by ONECRUISER

12 hours ago, pjewell910 said:

What date are you going?  Sometimes a particular site will use an incorrect itinerary.  So far they haven't docked Oasis class with any of the bigger ships but when island is finished (moving target but January 31st is last I heard) that is likely to change.

We have been there twice with two ships, navigator and mariner I guess that’s about 8000 passengers. Pool chairs go first, but plenty of beach chairs are available. 

Buffet areas were not too crowded and it is good the lunch times stretches several hours. 

enjoy

m

The island is plenty spacious, and with the forthcoming addition of more beach space and the announced waterpark expansion, I would expect 2-3 ships per day to be a regular thing.

Even with 8-9K guests in port, the only part that may feel busy is the waterpark (most of the day), dining venues (during peak dining times), and the pool.

I have read that on very busy days, they are limiting people to only being able to do the tall waterslide once and giving them a card with a timeslot on it. It seems that has helped with the lines, but not with the people who want to go more than once, naturally.

8 hours ago, pjewell910 said:

We will be there on May 27th.   Someone came on our fb group and said there will be 2 other ships that day.  He even had a travel agent pic saying the same thing. 

If it's May 27th 2020 should be fine.  They don't have more than two ships in port anywhere on the 2020 schedule and only start with two large ships (Oasis class plus something over 3k) until Nov 2020 when Odyessy starts sailing.

May 28th will be one of the biggest port loads pre Odyessy. Freedom class ship with Navigator instead of just Mariner.

26-May-2020 Mariner Of The Seas Royal Caribbean 07:00-17:00 3,840 1,181
26-May-2020 Majesty Of The Seas Royal Caribbean 09:30-18:00 2,744 827
27-May-2020 Oasis Of The Seas Royal Caribbean 10:00-18:00 5,600 1,650
28-May-2020 Independence Of The Seas Royal Caribbean 07:00-19:00 4,900 1,385
28-May-2020 Navigator Of The Seas Royal Caribbean 07:00-17:00 3,840 1,181

Our visit in February lists us (Navigator) and Anthem together. Seems like it would be a lot of people but I am not too concerned. We usually sit at Captain Jacks and let our son run between the two splash pads (while obviously keeping an eye on him). Once we are at the pool we are in the water. I guess my main concern would be the beaches but again, there are tons of chairs.

8 hours ago, myacuna said:

I guess my main concern would be the beaches but again, there are tons of chairs.

Yeah, and if they are smart they are building as many beach beds as possible, things like that with a fixed cost to build and minimal upkeep needed must have big profit margins.

Can I ask if they are selling the over the water cabanas for Feb sailing?  If island is completely finished end of January then I'm almost surprised they aren't having larger port loads sooner than later.  Maybe your sailing will be a test to see how it goes.  

At 8,745 it might be the largest number of pax yet.

image.png.f3b5b6fb9535395cdc3d3e1c432fd5d0.png

20 minutes ago, CP3o said:

Can I ask if they are selling the over the water cabanas for Feb sailing?  If island is completely finished end of January then I'm almost surprised they aren't having larger port loads sooner than later.  Maybe your sailing will be a test to see how it goes.  

Just checked for you and it’s listed on the cruise planner! $1800...yikes! While that is a huge pax load, I’ll keep an open mind. I’m sure we will have a great time no matter what. We have no plans of any excursions but I may get off the ship before anthem debarks to stake my claim 

1 hour ago, myacuna said:

Just checked for you and it’s listed on the cruise planner! $1800...yikes! While that is a huge pax load, I’ll keep an open mind. I’m sure we will have a great time no matter what. We have no plans of any excursions but I may get off the ship before anthem debarks to stake my claim 

Oh that's crazy pricing but I was just curious as to if selling them probably they think the island will be done and so able to get closer to the 12,000 some media article said the island could handle.  The more pax they put on the island the higher they can keep the excursions and rental fees.

I assume they do not plan on docking two Oasis class ships as that would go over 12,000.

2 hours ago, CP3o said:

Yeah, and if they are smart they are building as many beach beds as possible, things like that with a fixed cost to build and minimal upkeep needed must have big profit margins.

Doubt every bed filled with as with those high end totals, and in Feb. She'll be able handle it, at least better with 3 ships going be over 10-12K. Old days before Piers at Labadee and Coco Cay at peak time maybe 60-70% passengers ashore, many get hot and return ship. But now bet at Peak 80%+ ashore now

Edited by ONECRUISER

11 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Doubt every bed filled with as with those high end totals, and in Feb. She'll be able handle it, at least better with 3 ships going be over 10-12K. Old days before Piers at Labadee and Coco Cay at peak time maybe 60-70% passengers ashore, many get hot and return ship. But now bet at Peak 80%+ ashore now

These port load dates are high, well over 12K, but I'm wondering how likely they are to happen, maybe one ship will be resceduled. 

I'd think they'd dock two Oasis class ships before they'd do these there (and that is not scheduled even once in 2020 from what I can see.)

image.png.a77e4a6ee5872b662ff5b108774fbfb0.png

image.png.30ca8f1742f42c187494b789d435261c.png

The island isn't expanding any further between Feb and Nov right?  

18 minutes ago, CP3o said:

These port load dates are high, well over 12K, but I'm wondering how likely they are to happen, maybe one ship will be resceduled. 

I'd think they'd dock two Oasis class ships before they'd do these there (and that is not scheduled even once in 2020 from what I can see.)

image.png.a77e4a6ee5872b662ff5b108774fbfb0.png

The island isn't expanding any further between Feb and Nov right?  

Yes. As I've said in other threads can see day when 3 ships, one early 7am-2pm, second ship afternoon and staying overnite, with a 3rds stay overlapping in middle these two. And "Gosh" forbid day when 3 Oasis Class there

Edited by ONECRUISER

It doesn't seem like they even want 2 Oasis ships at CC at the same time in 2020.  The Oasis has an at sea day and Nassau visit on a sailing when could dock with either the Symphony or Harmony if RCCL wanted 2 Oasis ships to visit.

image.png.1f4e7ab2f64e4a73224ec3aa1728cfda.png

If they can handle a 13k load with same docking times later in the year (assuming port schedule acurate) it's interesting they are comfortable with that but not 2 Oasis class ships docking the same time.

It's pretty rare for the Oasis class to have any other ship with them but when it does,  it's a smaller formerly Cuba sailing ship.

http://crew-center.com/perfect-day-coco-cay-bahamas-cruise-ships-schedule-2020