Best cruise line entertainment

lenquixote66

3 hours ago, Hlitner said:

But those who might be seeking the type shows and variety they find on the mega ships (primarily RCI and NCL) would probably be disappointed on Crystal.  And you would likely find that many of the folks that go on those mega ships for entertainment would not be happy to pay the price of Crystal.

I agree!  My post was really in response to the situation you posted, looking for smaller ships on longer voyages that still offer good entertainment.

On 12/23/2019 at 8:38 PM, ontheweb said:

Going by the cruises we have been on, I'd say Norwegian. (Unfortunately,  I'd rate them low on everything else.)

Note we have been on RCCL, but not their largest ships.

Granted, we've only been on 3 cruiselines, but I have to say that RCI and NCL would be right there at number 1 for me, with Princess trailing way behind in the entertainment sector. However, the new Princesses are getting a rock show  with Brian Justin Crum which I would love.

NCL, however, failed on everything else (except for the balcony cabin on the Getaway - it was very nice).

We have seen We Will Rock You in London, and booked Anthem for 2021, so will be great to compare the two.  I do have to say that we have been very impressed with shows on RCI, and have noticed a dramatic difference between the production shows on the smaller ships vs. the larger ones.  However, our last two cruises have been on Radiance and presently on Serenade, and the guest headliner shows have been incredible - we saw Banachek on the 23Rd and Impact on 24th, both were easily as good as any show we have seen in Vegas.  

10 hours ago, kira5 said:

I saw We Will Rock You in London, England a few years ago.

We did also.  New Years Eve.  Dec 31, 2011.

And recently saw it in Bucharest, but did not realize it was a local production, and the dialogue was in Romanian. 😄  Still had fun.

The other good one was Rock of Ages, but not exactly family friendly.   😄

We have enjoyed the entertainment on our cruises on RCI.  We cruise on Grandeur, so no big production show, but even the smaller variety one is pretty good.  And the outside performers have been quite good.

Edited by SRF

11 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Granted, we've only been on 3 cruiselines, but I have to say that RCI and NCL would be right there at number 1 for me, with Princess trailing way behind in the entertainment sector. However, the new Princesses are getting a rock show  with Brian Justin Crum which I would love.

NCL, however, failed on everything else (except for the balcony cabin on the Getaway - it was very nice).

I agree on NCL basically failed on everything else. There seemed to be little emphasis on details.

There is no such thing as "the best" of anything. Everyone has their own opinion of how refined their tastes are, biases, or limited interactions. Everyone also has different interests.

It's fairly hard to dispute that Royal's mega ships don't have a ton of entertainment options. Having so many, it is far more likely to find something you enjoy. In my opinion, if you can't find anything to entertain you there, you are probably somewhat of a stick in the mud. With that said, many other ships will hold "better" acts for some others' tastes. More isn't always better either. I don't really care for the broadway stuff. Give me some good comedy shows, and that's a big win for me.