Official Galveston Cruise Parking

Petroplex

Howdy, folks. I normally park at Galveston Park n Cruise. My backup plan is Galveston VIP Parking. I like those two lots because I really enjoy the convenience of walking to and from the cruise terminal. This July, however, that is a problem. Those lots are only open Saturdays and Sundays, and I have a Friday sailing on the Enchantment. Will the official Galveston cruise parking or else EZ cruise let me family and I walk with our bags to the pier? Thank you very much.

check the ezcruise website they have two prices.  one with shuttle and one without.  Its not a bad walk.  The official port parking has the shuttle include and the walk is not only a far distance there is no safe place to walk.  by myself maybe. with a family and luggage No and not in July.   

also look at the official Galveston port website.  I read somewhere they are now letting people park in the garage across the street from terminal #1.  Its higher but an option.

27 minutes ago, TxShipShape said:

check the ezcruise website they have two prices.  one with shuttle and one without.  Its not a bad walk.  The official port parking has the shuttle include and the walk is not only a far distance there is no safe place to walk.  by myself maybe. with a family and luggage No and not in July.   

also look at the official Galveston port website.  I read somewhere they are now letting people park in the garage across the street from terminal #1.  Its higher but an option.

It’s been available for long time . You still need to walk back and forth . 

Cruise Garage Parking

The CLOSEST secured garage parking to the Cruise Ships

Garage Parking: The multi-leveled parking garage is located at 150 25th St. a short walk across the street to the cruise terminals. Garage Parking is available for most 7 day cruises beginning at 9:30AM. Levels 2 & 3 are covered, 4 is not. Filled on a first come, first served basis.

Book your OFFICIAL Port of Galveston Cruise Parking Now

garage

Parking Garage on corner of Harborside Dr. & 25th St.

Garage Parking: The multi-leveled parking garage is located at 150 25th St. a short walk across the street to the cruise terminals. Garage Parking is available for most 7 day cruises beginning at 9:30AM. Levels 2 & 3 are covered, 4 is not. Filled on a first come, first served basis. Prepay online for garage parking at www.portgalvestonparking.com.

• The CLOSEST secured garage parking to the Cruise Ship
  • Clearance height in the Parking Garage Is 6ft 8in
  • Police Patrolled 24/7
  • Accepts Cash, Travelers checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
  • Discount Garage Cruise Parking: Reserve Parking Online

Extended Cruise Passengers will need to check in at the office located at 224 33rd St. first before arriving to the Garage to park. This is ONLY for Back to Back cruise passengers.

Length of Cruise Parking Rates- Garage
Five Days: $75.00
Seven Days: $105.00
Fourteen Days: $210.00
Edited by ssb

1 hour ago, TxShipShape said:

Ok, good to know some details.  Do you know if you can use the bridge that crosses Harborside?

No not yet . 
Improvements and use is in current plans . 

Edited by ssb

You may also consider driving to the terminal and dropping off your bags and family, then driving to the parking lot.  I have been doing that for years and find the wait, particularly other than Saturday and Sunday, to be reasonable.  I’ve walked to and from EZ cruise dozens of times by myself without bags.  Just remember to keep your passport and boarding pass.  By the time I get there my wife is through security and waiting for me.  I also keep an umbrella and/or one of those 99 cent throw away rain ponchos handy for both arrival and when we get back.  I walk to the lot and drive over and pick up my wife and bags.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 7:34 AM, lifes-a-beach said:

You may also consider driving to the terminal and dropping off your bags and family, then driving to the parking lot.  I have been doing that for years and find the wait, particularly other than Saturday and Sunday, to be reasonable.  I’ve walked to and from EZ cruise dozens of times by myself without bags.  Just remember to keep your passport and boarding pass.  By the time I get there my wife is through security and waiting for me.  I also keep an umbrella and/or one of those 99 cent throw away rain ponchos handy for both arrival and when we get back.  I walk to the lot and drive over and pick up my wife and bags.  

This sounds like the best deal... but, if I book a walking reservation, can I change it when we get there if I see the walk is too far or the drop off line is too bad? We are leaving on a Sunday.

I don't know but you can probably email them and get an answer.  They have responded to my inquiries in the past.  I do know the only difference is that they give you a bus boarding pass when you check in so probably you can just pay the difference.  I'd email them and ask though.  Use their contact page:

https://www.ezcruiseparking.com/contact-us/

Edited by lifes-a-beach

I would suggest opening up google maps satellite view (our your other favorite mapping program)  and map your walk.  google shows .2 mile 5 minute walk you do have to cross a 4 lane busy street at a light but that will be for most of the other parking places too.

image.thumb.png.ca6c2837ab1935c60275ea4dae5e93db.png

On 1/24/2020 at 4:10 PM, lifes-a-beach said:

I don't know but you can probably email them and get an answer.  They have responded to my inquiries in the past.  I do know the only difference is that they give you a bus boarding pass when you check in so probably you can just pay the difference.  I'd email them and ask though.  Use their contact page:

https://www.ezcruiseparking.com/contact-us/

I wouldn't bet on that.

I sent them 3 e-mails asking about their parking rates and how far out should I book with them.  I was ready to give them my money at their reply.

Crickets.

So, I booked with Falstaff instead.  My wife likes the idea of covered parking for the same price as outdoors.  I really liked being able to walk to our Jeep the last time we cruised.  But, you know what they say: "Happy wife, happy life".

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone parked in the official Port of Galveston garage vs uncovered parking? Not so concerned about the car being covered, but I wonder if it is more convenient. I remember thinking that the shuttle to/from the lots was not as quick as walking.

5 hours ago, kcjefff said:

Has anyone parked in the official Port of Galveston garage vs uncovered parking? Not so concerned about the car being covered, but I wonder if it is more convenient. I remember thinking that the shuttle to/from the lots was not as quick as walking.

We used Falstaff Parking for our seven-day cruise last week.

I recommend them, highly.  Indoor parking for less than the port's outdoor lot.  Friendly drivers, timely pickup.  What more could one ask for?

Well, a Pina Colada, but I don't think that is wise just before a long drive home.

19 hours ago, kcjefff said:

You might double check the rates. With the shuttle fee, you’re at $85. With the current $10 off code I’m at $77. So pretty close normally with no shuttle wait. Thanks though. 

I am curious as to what you are referring to as a "shuttle fee".  I don't recall seeing that as a separate charge - but plenty of taxes and stuff.

After it was all said and done my overall charge was $86.87.  There was no wait.  Their shuttle pulled up right as we located their stand.  Luck of the draw?  Maybe.  I was just relating our experience with them.  In the past we parked at EZ Cruise.  It was a short walk, and affordable (for outside parking).  I never received a response from them after three queries, so the wife said try someone else.  When I told her we could get covered parking for her beloved Chrysler 300 at or below open-lot rates, she jumped on that.  Happy wife, happy life.

Thank You for parking with Falstaff Cruise Parking!
Receipt Number: FAL2XXXX

Your Cruise:
Carnival Vista  |  2/15/2020   |  7 days
Your Services:
Covered Parking: 1 Vehicle

Your Total: $86.87

Terms & Conditions:
• Parking shall be at Falstaff Cruise Parking at 3402 Church St, Galveston, Texas.
• Shuttle service is included with the price of parking.
• Your credit card has been charged.
• Reservation is not transferable.
• No refund in the event of failure to utilize parking on day reserved.
• Falstaff Cruise Parking is not responsible for damage to vehicle or contents while on premises.
• Please arrive at the lot before 3pm.
• Cancellations made after cutoff are not eligible for refunds.
• A 7.00% service fee per order will be charged during booking.
• Cancellations must be made before Wednesday, February 12, 2020 11:59 PM Central Time.
• A $25.00 cancellation fee per order will be charged during cancellation.
• To cancel your order, click here.

6 minutes ago, Galveston Cruiser said:

The Port of Galveston charges a fee to all TNC's (Transportation Network Companies) .  This includes taxis, Uber (Lyft), limo's, buses and shuttles.  Some will show the fee as a separate line item; others will build into price.  Either way, they all have to pay the fee.

That makes sense.  Airports do the same thing.

• 2 months later...

The Port of Galveston uncovered lot is at Harborside Drive and 33rd street. Too far to walk to the cruise terminal. We have used them several times, no problems. Shuttles are plentiful and, if you reserve in advance, there is a discount.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 9 months later...

Just FYI: Here is a pretty comprehensive listing of parking availability in Galveston...

https://www.cruisehive.com/extensive-guide-to-port-of-galveston-cruise-parking/30943

Note; the article was July 2020; the Post COVID landscape may be different and the lockdown has claimed a number of cruise intensive businesses. We shall see what survives when the COVID dust clears.

From what I can see / and my limited experiences - it is accurate