YTD question

LadyMac72

I have selected YTD for our (not soon enough) upcoming cruise.  

BF and I like to eat at different times.  I'm an early eater, he prefers right before bed.  Do we have to both eat at the same time?  If I'm hungry at 6, can I eat (with or without him present with me in the dining room) and then he come back later in evening (with or without me present with him) to eat?  Or is one of us going to have to haunt the Lido deck?  

12 minutes ago, LadyMac72 said:

BF and I like to eat at different times.  I'm an early eater, he prefers right before bed.  Do we have to both eat at the same time?  If I'm hungry at 6, can I eat (with or without him present with me in the dining room) and then he come back later in evening (with or without me present with him) to eat?  Or is one of us going to have to haunt the Lido deck?  

You can eat separately. I have done it when my SO was sick and didn't want to go. Depending on the ship, you may also be able to sit at the bar if you feel any type of way at a table alone in the MDR. But honestly, it's fine. You can also be seated with others if you like to meet people at dinner.

Edited by amyotravel

12 minutes ago, LadyMac72 said:

You can eat separate any time any where.

22 minutes ago, LadyMac72 said:

It has also been said, there is nothing stopping you from going multiple times for YTD.  If you go early, and your BF goes but either does not eat, just just has an app.  Then later when he goes, you could go with and do the opposite.

1 minute ago, rukkian said:

It has also been said, there is nothing stopping you from going multiple times for YTD.  If you go early, and your BF goes but either does not eat, just just has an app.  Then later when he goes, you could go with and do the opposite.

Woo yeah I like it! 🙂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rukkian said:

Or multiple desserts.  I really like how you think!  🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amyotravel said:

Depending on the ship, you may also be able to sit at the bar if you feel any type of way at a table alone in the MDR

I have never seen a bar in the MDR, which ships have bars in the MDR?

Some ships use the hub app to make dinner reservations.  It asks who will be joining you.  So, yes, you can absolutely dine separately, together multiple times, or join others.  I loved the app. We never waited more than 10 minutes for it to say your table is ready.

8 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

Some ships use the hub app to make dinner reservations.  It asks who will be joining you.  So, yes, you can absolutely dine separately, together multiple times, or join others.  I loved the app. We never waited more than 10 minutes for it to say your table is ready.

Loved the app also

4 minutes ago, lmmphilly said:

Does YTD let you reserve your seating time ahead of sailing? Going on Royal Dow the first time this spring and they let you make your reservations ahead in their planner. So wondering if carnival has the same. 

No. Only when you are ready to head straight to the dining room. Then you can go in person or notify the app you are ready for a table. They will tell you the wait time, which is not long.

1 hour ago, Banditswife said:

Looking forward to finally getting to use that feature. It wasn't available for our Glory 2018 cruise. Then I was disappointed to discover it wasn't available on our Valor cruise last month. We'll be on Horizon in a couple months, so we'll finally get to use YTD check-in. 😃

2 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Looking forward to finally getting to use that feature. It wasn't available for our Glory 2018 cruise. Then I was disappointed to discover it wasn't available on our Valor cruise last month. We'll be on Horizon in a couple months, so we'll finally get to use YTD check-in. 😃

It was available on Breeze in Nov & Vista in Sept.  They said they were trying to roll it out for all ships in the near future.  The only thing I found disappointing was that we could not reserve our table through the app prior to MDR open times.  It would be nice to be able to reserve a certain time frame ahead of open times, but still enjoyed the app.

20 hours ago, amyotravel said:

Look carefully in this picture I found on line. Follow the rows of blue neon... You can click on the picture and it enlarges. There is one beer tap that I am assuming is Thirsty Frog Red.

http://www.bigtimedesignstudios.com/portfolio/carnival_vista_horizons_restaurant/

Yes, I see what you are talking about. We had a table for 2 at the rail above that area. We only saw the wait staff getting drinks from that area.