Soft Drinks package

Wisewol

The break-even point for the basic soft drinks package (at $10 per day) is about 3-4 soft drinks per day. Do be aware though that the sodas included that package are draught sodas (served from the bartender's soda dispenser) which means diet pepsi, not diet coke.

Edited by bluemarble

8 hours ago, lissie said:

Why not just carry it on?  I doubt they are going to charge you corkage for a 2 litre bottle of diet coke? 

That won't be a problem if the OP wants to drink in their cabin but it doesn't help if they want to be out and about enjoying the entertainment and ambience of the ship.

• Like 1

I have always had the soft drink package and always broke even, or slightly better with it. 

I usually have at least 2 or 3 soft drinks during dinner, so only need to have one more at some point during the day to make it worth it, so if you are happy with Pepsi products versus Coca Cola, then I would go for it. 

I will be doing it on my back to back in May again. 

• 4 weeks later...

We are new to Cunard but have used included packages on Celebrity before. Can I ask if the premium soft drinks package on Cunard  is worth it?

my husband doesn’t drink alcohol. We do drink diet sodas, so would like a choice of drinks in that respect. We would appreciate the small bottled waters and the odd mocktail or two each day. 
I’d like to do the maths and work it out but I can’t find pricing for soft drinks ( cans)  / bottled water and mock tails. 
we like normal teas and coffees, I think these are free with meals, are they free at other times?

Tea and coffee is always free in the Buffet (Lido or Kings Court depending on the ship). Premium coffee at Sir Samuel's or Cafe Carinthia is charged, but is of a higher standard then the buffet coffee (in my opinion).

Edit: There's also a tea (and coffee?) station on deck 2 on QM2 near Connexions (one deck down from the entrance to illuminations). I can't speak regarding QV or QE.

Edited by Underwatr
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, beaveh said:

We are new to Cunard but have used included packages on Celebrity before. Can I ask if the premium soft drinks package on Cunard  is worth it?

my husband doesn’t drink alcohol. We do drink diet sodas, so would like a choice of drinks in that respect. We would appreciate the small bottled waters and the odd mocktail or two each day. 
I’d like to do the maths and work it out but I can’t find pricing for soft drinks ( cans)  / bottled water and mock tails. 
we like normal teas and coffees, I think these are free with meals, are they free at other times?

see the links below which should let you decide the best option.

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/cunard/life-on-board/drinks_package

and

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/cunard/life-on-board/dining

The premium option allows The Illy Coffee and Teaforte selection of teas  also Godvia Chocolate drinks from all bars,  Cans/bottles and small water. 

The cheaper option you are not allowed small water, hot drinks and the sodas are only from the gun together with normal fruit juices.

Edited by Pennbank

Or here: https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/activity-types/bars-and-lounges/a-world-of-drinks

If you want proper, non-draught, Diet Coke, you'll need the premium package at $29 per person per day.  I don't think the package will be cost effective personally (I am in a similar position but don't drink tea or coffee either).

On 1/7/2020 at 3:41 PM, T5LHR said:

I have always had the soft drink package and always broke even, or slightly better with it. 

How are they managing it currently? On my first TA, I got the soft drink package, and just had to flash my card (showing the sticker for the package), and they didn't ring them through. On my second (just about a year later), every drink was rung through, and a bill (for $0) presented each time. 

2 yrs ago on qm2 had the soft drinks package looking at the terms and conditions it says both people have to have a drinks package. Is this new as last time it was just me and my husband just bought his beer when he wanted one.

53 minutes ago, neeuqdrazil said:

How are they managing it currently? On my first TA, I got the soft drink package, and just had to flash my card (showing the sticker for the package), and they didn't ring them through. On my second (just about a year later), every drink was rung through, and a bill (for $0) presented each time. 

Prior to the introduction of the new "World of Drinks" packages, our experience was as you indicated on your first crossing. Just flash your card showing the sticker to receive a free soft drink.

Since the introduction of the "World of Drinks" packages, our experience has also been as you indicated on your second voyage. Your card is scanned and you are presented with a bill for $0 to be signed. I've speculated here before that the new procedure is probably a way for Cunard to keep track of the usage of all the various packages. And technically there is a ten minute minimum between ordering drinks which scanning the card could enforce. But the cynic in me also wonders if the new procedure might also have something to do with trying to solicit additional gratuities via the forms we now have to sign.

That said, the new procedure isn't always adhered to. On a few occasions I've had a bartender give me a soft drink without running my card through the system. Perhaps he was just too busy and didn't want to be bothered with those extra steps just to record a free soft drink.

24 minutes ago, delgirl said:

2 yrs ago on qm2 had the soft drinks package looking at the terms and conditions it says both people have to have a drinks package. Is this new as last time it was just me and my husband just bought his beer when he wanted one.

Yes, the rule that both people in the same cabin must purchase the package is new with the introduction of the new "World of Drinks" packages. And our experience is that they do indeed enforce that rule when we purchase the soft drinks package on board.

On 1/6/2020 at 8:46 AM, Wisewol said:

I am a huge Diet Coke addict , there confession made. Is the soft drinks package worth it? 

60.00 @day for your habit ......only you can decide . When it is on sale at supermarkets, 4 cases for 10.00 

I’ve read all about the differences between the basic soft drinks package and the premium package.

what I can’t find anywhere is how much does a can of soda cost? Or how much a small bottle of water is, or a premium coffee is? None of the online menus I’ve seen have prices. 

can any one help?

2 hours ago, beaveh said:

I’ve read all about the differences between the basic soft drinks package and the premium package.

what I can’t find anywhere is how much does a can of soda cost? Or how much a small bottle of water is, or a premium coffee is? None of the online menus I’ve seen have prices. 

can any one help?

The Menu shown on line no longer show prices however 

A can/bottle of soda was around $2.85  against the gun $1.75 (splash) £2.50 small both plus 15% service

Small water 500ml $3.25 plus 15% service

Illy coffee around $3.30 plus 15% service and speciality teas around the same. give or take 50cents more 

Bottle of Grolsh  was $6.25 plus 15%

and for a Splash of Lemonade was an extra $1.75 plus %15%

Marstons Pedigree was $6.25 plus 15% Large 

someone hopefully will show a photo of some old menu prices.

The above are a few years old now.

also see

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2599164-drink-prices-queen-victoria/

The pics are from 2017 for info

a link here shows something not so old but the mixers are now chargeable and not included.

Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 17.55.53.png

Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 17.55.42.png

Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 17.55.27.png

Edited by Pennbank