Thoughts on Zuiderdam for Mediterranean cruise?

SumoCitrus

I am looking at a 12-night cruise out of Rome on Zuiderdam this Summer and I wanted to get your thoughts on that ship. I've only ever been on K-Dam and NA. I enjoyed both. They both felt modern and updated while some of the pics of Zuiderdam look outdated (small TVs, older fixtures, etc.). Has it been to drydock recently? What does it have (or lack) compared to the other ships? Your opinions are appreciated.

I did search "Zuiderdam" before posting and the only thing the CC search pulled up for me was roll calls.

15 minutes ago, SumoCitrus said:

I am looking at a 12-night cruise out of Rome on Zuiderdam this Summer and I wanted to get your thoughts on that ship. I've only ever been on K-Dam and NA. I enjoyed both. They both felt modern and updated while some of the pics of Zuiderdam look outdated (small TVs, older fixtures, etc.). Has it been to drydock recently? What does it have (or lack) compared to the other ships? Your opinions are appreciated.

I did search "Zuiderdam" before posting and the only thing the CC search pulled up for me was roll calls.

The Zuiderdam was in dry dock last month (December 2019) so she will be a lot fresher than any images online.

Edited by VMax1700

Zuiderdam has had a number of updates including the large TV’s and ‘on demand’.

scubacruisers recently did a live thread and showed pics of some of the decor.  I thought it looked quite nice.  I’ll see if I can find the thread for you.

Here is the thread:

There is a thread titled 'Jan 3-11 live frim Zuiderdam' which is currently about 5 pages down. (Sorry can't get link here as i am using cell phone and it won't work!).

This would be pist dry dock so have a read of it.

Ports of call are the most important aspect of a med cruise, and just as important is the length of time in port. Some of the sights/sites can be quite a distance from the port and every hour ashore is priceless.

It doesn't take me long to book a cruise on the Zuiderdam provided it is the right itinerary.  We will be on a 26 day cruise April/May (TA and Mediterranean) and I know that there will be a “live” from for the first 14 days.  Kazu's reports are very thorough and honest - be sure to follow along!

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Zuiderdam has had a number of updates including the large TV’s and ‘on demand’.

scubacruisers recently did a live thread and showed pics of some of the decor.  I thought it looked quite nice.  I’ll see if I can find the thread for you.

Here is the thread:

Thanks for the link - I missed that. Looks great. This is a selection based primarily on itinerary. I like the stop in Istanbul. Thanks for all the info.

9 minutes ago, SumoCitrus said:

Thanks for the link - I missed that. Looks great. This is a selection based primarily on itinerary. I like the stop in Istanbul. Thanks for all the info.

We do enjoy the the Zuiderdam and have booked her for the transatlantic in August . We were the first cruise after their dry dock and there were miscues the first 3 days but things were smooth after that .