E Z check disembarkation

5fathom

We just returned from the Jan 6 sailing of Crown Princess. We tried EZ Check for the first time. This service is $25  pp but it was worth every cent ! You fill out a form and leave it the main desk. The last day before Port Everglades you receive special luggage tags and your printed airline boarding pass. Luggage is picked up at your stateroom and the next time we saw it was at Detroit Metro on Jan 16. You are free to leave the vessel  anytime you wish, first off,  last off or in between, your choice. No waiting at FLL airport. We walked in, went directly to TSA.  We will use this service again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 5fathom said:

We just returned from the Jan 6 sailing of Crown Princess. We tried EZ Check for the first time. This service is $25  pp but it was worth every cent ! You fill out a form and leave it the main desk. The last day before Port Everglades you receive special luggage tags and your printed airline boarding pass. Luggage is picked up at your stateroom and the next time we saw it was at Detroit Metro on Jan 16. You are free to leave the vessel  anytime you wish, first off,  last off or in between, your choice. No waiting at FLL airport. We walked in, went directly to TSA.  We will use this service again.

Yeah it is awesome.

Need to expand it!!

1 hour ago, PoohUnderstands said:

The only problem is the last time I checked it is only available at Port Everglades and Seattle, and I am not sure, is it still available in Seattle?

Pooh

EZ Check is only available in FLL.  There is a different program called port valet in Seattle.

I agree... well worth the cost to see your baggage outside you cabin door and then not again until you arrive at baggage claim at your home airport. As others have said, I wish it were available in a lot of other arrival ports.

We used EZ Check for the first time last summer. Agree it was absolutely worth every penny ( or cent, if you wish !)

The reason we had not used it previously is that it does not extend to international flights. Last year we travelled to Phoenix post cruise, so it fitted our itinerary.

Would recommend the service wholeheartedly and hope it is extended in the future.

On 1/17/2020 at 12:10 PM, 5fathom said:

The only caveat for those using it for the first time: Do not expect a lot of information on EZ-Check in the Patter, etc. Check at the purser's office on day 2 of the cruise and ask for the form. I know that's early to be thinking about disembarkation, but that's how it's done.

On our last cruise for some reason we got no information on EZ-Check in our cabin. So, don't rely on your room steward to get the form to you: go to the purser's office yourself. EZ-Check is one of the most pleasant things developed by mankind IMHO! Well, if you're old and infirmed like us! 😎

Edited by PaperSniper4

21 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

The only caveat for those using it for the first time: Do not expect a lot of information on EZ-Check in the Patter, etc. Check at the purser's office on day 2 of the cruise and ask for the form. I know that's early to be thinking about disembarkation, but that's how it's done.

On our last cruise for some reason we got no information on EZ-Check in our cabin. So, don't rely on your room steward to get the form to you: go to the purser's office yourself. EZ-Check is one of the most pleasant things developed by mankind IMHO! Well, if you're old and infirmed like us! 😎

I agree that it's best to check with the Passenger Services desk early in your cruise.

In December, when we had not received anything regarding EZCheck in our cabin by day 3, I went to Passenger Services to ask. They told me that you only automatically receive EZCheck information in your cabin if you have provided your return flight information in the Cruise Personalizer before embarkation, and they did not have a record of that information in this instance. 

However, I know I always add that information, especially when I book a post-cruise airport transfer, as I did in this instance.  So, even if you have added your flight info to the website, there is no guarantee you will receive EZCheck info in your cabin without talking to Passenger Services. I recommend this just to be safe, if you're interested in the service.

And I agree with Colo Cruiser: I wish they would offer it in more ports.

Happy cruising!

• Like 1