Westerdam Tamarind Offerings

pictonite

As promised!  We ate in the Pinnacle Grill last night, and chose from the Tamarind portion of the menu.

One page of the Pinnacle Grill menu is dedicated to the Tamarind.  It consists of three starters, three main courses and one dessert.

We selected the shrimp tempura, the sea bass, and declined the dessert in order to enjoy our favourites from the regular Pinnacle menu.

That selection will be changed tonight - and it will change weekly.  We did not see the new selection, but will have a chance to see it when we attend a special "Vietnam" evening later this week.  I'll also ask if this plan will continue when the Westerdam leaves Asia.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I hope that all ships will soon have offerings each evening from the Tamarind.  Love their food.

Thank you for the information.

I share your hope, but I think it is exclusive to those sailing an Asian season, for the time the ship is in these waters only. I think when she leaves Asia after the season, they will stop serving taste of Tamarind.

3 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I hope that all ships will soon have offerings each evening from the Tamarind.  Love their food.

Thank you for the information.

I second, third, and fourth this! We adore Tamarind. Even my mom who is not a very adventurous eater loved Tamarind's menu and atmosphere. I had the lobster and the seas bass this last cruise and both were stellar.

We always eat at PG once but without a doubt we would eat there more if they expanded this to all the non Tamarind ships. This just proves they can do it at least on Vista ships so if the higher ups are listening, I think many would welcome this tasty and fun addition. Hint, hint. 😁

• Like 1

This is great news as we will be on the Westerdam in November!  I hope that the Pinnacle Grill kitchen has the preparation down to a science:  Last month on the Amazon Explorer on the Volendam an "Evening at the Tamarind" was held at the Pinnacle Grill.  The venue was elegantly decorated and the food was delicious and authentic, but the kitchen just couldn't get it together resulting in long waits between courses.  Some guests became angry and walked out.  The PG manager apologized personally to everyone and we were never charged for the evening.

I am glad to see that they will incorporate the Tamarind into dining on other ships.

Karen

Edited by Loreto
added info

We were on the Westerdam in Nov-Dec -- if you had the sea bass on the Tamarind menu last week, then you will have the wasabi beef tenderloin this week 😁

As Alphen noted above, including one page of Tamarind selections on the Pinnacle menu is only done on cruises in Asia.

3 hours ago, bleacher04 said:

We were on the Westerdam in Nov-Dec -- if you had the sea bass on the Tamarind menu last week, then you will have the wasabi beef tenderloin this week 😁

As Alphen noted above, including one page of Tamarind selections on the Pinnacle menu is only done on cruises in Asia.

Well then, I will have my hopes up for our Noordam sailing later this year in Asia 🤞

Thanks Paul 🙂 

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Well then, I will have my hopes up for our Noordam sailing later this year in Asia 🤞

Thanks Paul 🙂 

Hi Jacqui -- Tony and Martha are on the Westerdam right now... sailing towards Hong Kong next weekend 😧

They have several stops in China afterwards, including Shangahi and the port for Bejing, and in five weeks they are supposed to fly home from Shanghai.  I have not spoken to them lately; I'm not sure how this is going to play out...

And sorry for hijacking this thread...

14 minutes ago, bleacher04 said:

Hi Jacqui -- Tony and Martha are on the Westerdam right now... sailing towards Hong Kong next weekend 😧

They have several stops in China afterwards, including Shangahi and the port for Bejing, and in five weeks they are supposed to fly home from Shanghai.  I have not spoken to them lately; I'm not sure how this is going to play out...

Hope someone will update the CC board about what is happening to the Westerdam's ports in China and Asia.  I see all throughout February and March the ship is embarking and disembarking in Shanghai plus other ports there.

42 minutes ago, bleacher04 said:

Hi Paul,

I knew they were cruising and a tad nervous with the latest news on the corona virus outbreak.  I hope they make out ok and are safe - and of course wish the same for everyone on the ship.

don’t mean to hijack either but this virus is a serious issue that could affect a LOT of people 😞