Vista - Cove Balcony, amenities question(s)

DryCreek

Yes, I did perform a search, and I couldn't find an answer to one basic question that just popped up today.

On the Carnival Vista, do the closets have hangers in them - just like you'd find at most hotels and motels?

I can't for the life of me remember if there were any in the closets aboard the Ecstacy when we sailed on her.  Well, and nearly 10 years have passed too, so some things are bound to have changed.

Next question I probably could find the answer to by digging through the Carnival website, but here goes: the only provided bath accouterments now are only the body wash and shampoo, correct?  I think that I have read somewhere that instead of the three wall-mounted dispensers there are now but two.  My wife is wondering since she has to pack her hair care products.  I told that I think she'd only need to pack conditioner as the shampoo is still provided.

One kinda' related, off-topic question.  Is there a Carnival cruise lines Facebook age, or one strictly for the Vista?  I read references to the humorous posts by some today in regards to the delayed entry into Galveston as they are attempting to recover the fishing trawler that was struck and sank right near the channel entrance.

1 minute ago, DryCreek said:

Great!

I didn't know if we needed to pack hangers or not.

That leaves more space for other stuff.

Bear in mind, they only have 3-4 hangers per closet. We packed 7 hangers on our cruise and used every one of them.

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

Bear in mind, they only have 3-4 hangers per closet. We packed 7 hangers on our cruise and used every one of them.

Hmmm.  So it looks like we will need to pack a couple of our own from home too.

Oh well, just as long as we have enough for our Elegant Night stuff.  Everything else can be ironed.  Or, if folded neatly, stored in a drawer.

We always take extra hangers, usually the kind you get from the dry cleaners, so we can just leave them.  Plus they don't take up much room and light weight.

If I was your wife, I would bring small bottles of the hair products that she prefers.  I'm thinking the shampoo in the shower dispensers is an all in one, shampoo + conditioner.  

OK, so I found the Vista Facebook page.  My wife is looking at that now.  I don't "Social Media", but she does.

So, hangers can be hit or miss.  I think we may pack some of our wire hangers.  they're light enough, and we can leave them for the next guests.

I see one reply that states the body wash and shampoo are now one and the same, a single dispenser.  Is that accurate?

47 minutes ago, DryCreek said:

OK, so I found the Vista Facebook page.  My wife is looking at that now.  I don't "Social Media", but she does.

So, hangers can be hit or miss.  I think we may pack some of our wire hangers.  they're light enough, and we can leave them for the next guests.

I see one reply that states the body wash and shampoo are now one and the same, a single dispenser.  Is that accurate?

We were just on the Vista earlier this month and there was one dispenser but there was both body wash and a separate shampoo to chose from.

Have fun!

2 hours ago, DryCreek said:

On the Horizon (Vista Class ship) you have two dispensers in the shower.  One contains shampoo and the other body wash.  We never use them and prefer to bring our own.  On the subject of hangers...the closets do have hangers but if you need more just ask the cabin steward for them.  There is no need to bring your own.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my questions!

So, the DW has decided to bring her own shampoo.  It's some special goo that her hairdresser recommends (and she sells the stuff too, imagine that).

Hangers, if more are needed, ask the room steward.  That's a great suggestion.  If he comes through with them, and keeps ice adequately stocked, he will get a gratuity above the standard one assessed by the line.

On 1/25/2020 at 12:50 PM, E@syPe@zy said:

We always take extra hangers, usually the kind you get from the dry cleaners, so we can just leave them.  Plus they don't take up much room and light weight.

If I was your wife, I would bring small bottles of the hair products that she prefers.  I'm thinking the shampoo in the shower dispensers is an all in one, shampoo + conditioner.  

Agree. Sometimes the hangers are not needed, but good to have them if not enough available.