Price adjustments-what's included?

My october cruise on Oasis of the seas has had a small price drop. The cruise itself has dropped $93.79. But the taxes and port charges has dropped also $87.21. For a total drop of $181. My question is when price is adjusted do I also get the lower taxes and port fees?? 

I will find out from TA when I get my invoice. But I thought I read something about the port fees and taxes on these boards maybe not being adjusted. 

9 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

My october cruise on Oasis of the seas has had a small price drop. The cruise itself has dropped $93.79. But the taxes and port charges has dropped also $87.21. For a total drop of $181. My question is when price is adjusted do I also get the lower taxes and port fees?? 

I will find out from TA when I get my invoice. But I thought I read something about the port fees and taxes on these boards maybe not being adjusted. 

If you have a refundable fare tell them you want the taxes and fees adjusted or you will cancel and rebook.  I wouldn’t spend the energy over $20 difference but for $87 a person I would. 

On 2/1/2020 at 9:04 AM, suesnake2002 said:

taxes  are not adjusted, just the cruise price itself, as long as it is before final payment.  

15 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

So to update. I recieved a price drop of $156. Go figure. My port and taxes remained the same. Don't know how they came up with this number,  but I'm not gonna question it. It's more than i figured. 

One possible reason that the taxes and fees don't drop is that as "port fees," they are per person, not sales tax.  So they remain the same regardless of cabin or cost.  If you skip a port you always get a refund of the port fees.  So that would certainly explain it.