Why Don’t You Think Before You Speak?

Ukigirl

On 2/3/2020 at 7:14 PM, soremekun said:

Hey, status is shared.  If you make it to another level, he will likewise benefit.  You're doing this for the family.

Not to mention when you get to 350, he can cruise as a third in another cabin while you book a suite and you get bazillion adders.  Learned that last year sailing transpacific.

jc

On 2/6/2020 at 11:57 AM, samiam0403 said:

Ah yes, the 'you're so brave!' comment - my personal favorite. I like to reply with, 'well, I managed to survive 9 months in Iraq, I'm pretty sure I can handle this.' 😂 It's mind-boggling to me that people think there's something 'brave' about a week solo on a cruise ship - it's my idea of heaven and I do it as much as possible! 

Yep - never felt particularly brave for going on a cruise accompanied by my kindle and doing whatever I wanted, whenever.

You, on the other hand, are definitely brave.  Thank you for your service.

• Like 1

I'm actually sailing on Brilliance the end of the month solo.. (my guy would rather ski so he misses out :)

The thought of doing nothing, or everything, and not having to consider anyone else's feelings is wonderful. Just me, my kindle and a drink, bring it on:classic_biggrin:

I enjoy traveling alone and do it whenever I can. I too have heard those comments, and seen those looks made by others, some nice, some not so nice . It doesn't even register to me anymore.

Best comment I've ever read on these boards was this:

"What someone else thinks of me is none of my business"

Do your own thing, and pay no mind to anyone else opinion. Life is too short..

• Like 1

Love the “you’re so brave comment”, not.  Completed two half world cruises, plus many other shorter cruises of 11 to 15 days on my own.  I simply say now cruise alone or stay at home, smile and move on.  

Love cruising with my family, but they can’t always go when I want to, they have jobs to go to, I am retired, so it’s me on my own.  Always enjoy it.

On 2/7/2020 at 10:32 PM, xpcdoojk said:

Not to mention when you get to 350, he can cruise as a third in another cabin while you book a suite and you get bazillion adders.  Learned that last year sailing transpacific.

jc

Hilarious, I seem to remember you mentioning that

Even when cruising with my hubby I usually end up at lunch alone & sitting in the Solarium alone while he's off in the smoking section by the main pool.  I think some people just can't imagine being alone.  ENJOY!!

I usually cruise with friends, but I do have to travel to meet up with them. and we don't do everything together onboard, so yes, sometimes I'll eat alone or sit on the deck alone or go to a show alone. we might even do different port excursions. Maybe the ones who find that unusual are just jealous.