First time Princess need a little information

Germancruiser

I am planing my first Princess Cruise in 2021. I am curious if on any Princess ship is a coffe or tea place which serves spec. teas or coffee which provides table side- waiter service?

According to the pictures- their ( Princess) ships have still a wrap around prommenade deck - that is not blocked from life boats- are their any lounge chairs- deck chairs on those prommenade decks? Thanks for you kind answers!

Some Princess ships have promenade decks, but the newer ships don't ☹️. Some ships' promenade decks don't go right around the ship, just a deck on each side. On the ships that have a promenade deck, there are chairs and in some cases, lounges. Check the deck plans of a ship you might be thinking of booking on.

I will leave your question regarding the table service of specialty tea or coffee to someone else to answer.

By 'table side service' are you asking about the wait staff in the Piazza that takes my International Cafe coffee / tea / hot chocolate order? Yes, every morning & evening I order the large latte or cocoa plus a side glass to drink from. I often request a cookie to go as well. It's easier on the medallion but I just motion for staff on a non-medallion ship 

Which ship?   Then you can get more specifics on the International Cafe, and what type of Promenade.

Also, there can be differences in the Sanctuary area.   (book your loungers there when you board)

Look at info about the International Cafe, and the specialty coffees and teas.  

They also have light breakfasts, sandwiches, snacks, goodies thru the day.

One of the good things about Princess!

And look up deck plans to see the specifics of the Promenade, central 'Atrium' or 'Piazza' area, etc.

Edited by Wishing on a star

7 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Some Princess ships have promenade decks, but the newer ships don't ☹️. Some ships' promenade decks don't go right around the ship, just a deck on each side. On the ships that have a promenade deck, there are chairs and in some cases, lounges. Check the deck plans of a ship you might be thinking of booking on.

I will leave your question regarding the table service of specialty tea or coffee to someone else to answer.

I was on Sky Princess, a newer ship, and there was a promenade deck with some very nice padded wooden loungers to sit on. I guess it depends on your definition of a promenade deck?  It certainly doesn't wrap all the way around but it was quite usable and very enjoyable (quiet).

The International Café (on most ships) is located on one side of the main atrium and open 24/7.  They serve a decent selection of specialty coffees/teas and also have small batch-made regular coffee which is superior to what is served in the Lido and MDr.  The coffee/tea drinks at the IC do cost an extra fee, but are covered by most drink packages (such as included in the current Best Sale Ever promotion).  It is also possible to purchase a "coffee card" which gets one a slight discount..if they do not already have another drink package.  The IC also has a rotating selection of snacks, salads, donuts, etc.  It is our favorite hangout on Princess.  There is some table service (to any table around the atrium) or folks can also go up to the counter and handle their own orders.  

Hank

You might also enjoy going to tea on sea days. The scones are fantastic! Tea is served from a pot already brewed, but I think you can ask for other varieties. I’m good with the pot, but maybe someone else can give you a definite answer about what else you can request.