AMPed Oasis Feedback

lgonquin

Just booked Big O for April 2021. Between the new updates and pricing, we went this route rather than Symphony. 
For those who have sailed post “Amplification”, what are your thoughts?

It appears much effort and money were invested in public areas, but I’m curious if/what was done to the staterooms. 

Thanks for your inputs. 

Nothing was done to most staterooms. There were a few balcony cabins which will become the spa balconies that got refreshed, but the vast majority are completely 2009. A major reason I would book Symphony over Oasis. The Oasis staterooms were ugly and out of style when they were new, now they’re ugly and tired 🙂

Edited by kruzerci
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Nothing was done to most staterooms. There were a few balcony cabins which will become the spa balconies that got refreshed, but the vast majority are completely 2009. A major reason I would book Symphony over Oasis. The Oasis staterooms were ugly and out of style when they were new, now they’re ugly and tired 🙂

They got new electric locks😉

43 minutes ago, lgonquin said:

Just booked Big O for April 2021. Between the new updates and pricing, we went this route rather than Symphony. 
For those who have sailed post “Amplification”, what are your thoughts?

It appears much effort and money were invested in public areas, but I’m curious if/what was done to the staterooms. 

Thanks for your inputs. 

Unless your a big fan of CATS, or love BBQ, I'd go with Symphony

Flight is much better than the Oasis production show, the Mexican buffet is nicer, Windjammer has made to order stir fry every night, Cover bands all the time in Music Hall, and a nicer solarium.

The aqua show on Oasis is better, and it's a toss up on the ice show. 

Stateroom layout and decor is way down on the qualification list for me

They both sail from Miami and do East/West runs, so I guess price would be a factor as well.

• Like 1

Oh no.  After reading these few, I'm beginning to regret my decision.  I booked Oasis because it was amped, less expensive, better itinerary and was being ported in FLL later this year.  Haven't been on Oasis since 2016 but was on the Allure last year, and the cabins I thought needed a redo.  I'm sure Oasis does too.  

Good thing is I booked the refundable but would like to hear from others before we spend more and make the switch.  

7 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Interesting. I was pricing some cruises, the same itinerary during the same week in the same type of cabin was 50% higher on Symphony than Oasis. Didn't know why. 

Newer ship. 

8 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Oh no.  After reading these few, I'm beginning to regret my decision.  I booked Oasis because it was amped, less expensive, better itinerary and was being ported in FLL later this year.  Haven't been on Oasis since 2016 but was on the Allure last year, and the cabins I thought needed a redo.  I'm sure Oasis does too.  

Good thing is I booked the refundable but would like to hear from others before we spend more and make the switch.  

I was on Oasis last month and though that the cabins were yuck but had just been on Symphony. I was disappointed to see that Oasis had the same worn carpets and original stateroom furnishings. It is normal for them not to update staterooms during refurbishment but based on the money spent and hype I was disappointed that they didn't touch them on Oasis. 

Edited by Nvtitan24
  • Like 1

Looks like I’m traveling back in time to 2009. Taking the positive POV, we tend to spend little time in the room, but will hope for a decent mattress 😉

I’ll focus on and appreciate the updated pool area with Lime & Coconut, Portside BBQ, Music Hall, and Spotlight Karaoke. Then enjoy the common things with Symphony that didn’t exist when I was on Oasis the first time. 

Its a cruise. How bad can it be? 😜

• Like 2

We have booked the Oasis for this fall.  I have been on the Oasis and the Allure so I am curious about all the upgrades plus the stop at Coco Cay.  I had both the Oasis and Symphony booked.  The Oasis was half the cost of the Symphony and they really are not all that different.  As far as the cabins not being updated on the Oasis not a big deal for me.  Looking forward to the amped Oasis.  FWIW,  I moved my deposit from the Symphony to the Celebrity Apex.  The cruise on the Apex with Veranda and 4 perks (grats, premium beverage package, unlimited internet and $300 OBC) was only $300 more than the Symphony.  The Symphony pricing is outrageous.

2 hours ago, lgonquin said:

Looks like I’m traveling back in time to 2009. Taking the positive POV, we tend to spend little time in the room, but will hope for a decent mattress 😉

I’ll focus on and appreciate the updated pool area with Lime & Coconut, Portside BBQ, Music Hall, and Spotlight Karaoke. Then enjoy the common things with Symphony that didn’t exist when I was on Oasis the first time. 

Its a cruise. How bad can it be? 😜

Forgot about the new hot tubs next to bar and the Cabanas on deck 16. 

On 2/9/2020 at 11:28 PM, kruzerci said:

Safe to assume they repair items not functioning correctly like TVs, thermostats, electric blinds?  Obviously referencing a CLS with the fold down tv and the blinds you can close from the loft.