WiFi Packages ?

erniesband

Hi, we're booked on Westerdam for a cruise in the Med. I've been looking online and the only WiFi package they sell is the Premium package at $159 per device. My question is do they offer different packages once your onboard and what are they?

Thanks

1 hour ago, erniesband said:

Hi, we're booked on Westerdam for a cruise in the Med. I've been looking online and the only WiFi package they sell is the Premium package at $159 per device. My question is do they offer different packages once your onboard and what are they?

Thanks

There are 2 lower packages offered and can be bought on board.  One is the social which basically only allows you to access social media like Facebook.

The middle package is the surf package which allows for social media, internet and email.  It does not allow for streaming as the Premium does.

8 minutes ago, ShaniBell said:

Does anyone which one is included in their "free wifi" offer?  I'm assuming it would be the lowest end option.

It is the premium package (the top option - NOT the lowest).  I do have it included on one cruise and this is copied and pasted from my confirmation (in bold) :  14-Day Premium Internet Pkg Promo

1 minute ago, kazu said:

It is the premium package (the top option - NOT the lowest).  I do have it included on one cruise and this is copied and pasted from my confirmation (in bold) :  14-Day Premium Internet Pkg Promo

That's a pleasant suprise.  Thanks for confirming for me.

We are doing a transatlantic and we are getting an ATT passport rate for 30 days...seems like we can get email via lots of data thru our phones and not worry about internet packages.

HAL offers something called cellular at sea but it appears that is only useful/good for Mexico and Caribbean cruises.  
Thoughts anyone?

(PS...we do not tweet, facebook, instagram etc to begin with and watching videos not necessary for three weeks.)

18 minutes ago, Dogma4 said:

We are doing a transatlantic and we are getting an ATT passport rate for 30 days...seems like we can get email via lots of data thru our phones and not worry about internet packages.

HAL offers something called cellular at sea but it appears that is only useful/good for Mexico and Caribbean cruises.  
Thoughts anyone?

(PS...we do not tweet, facebook, instagram etc to begin with and watching videos not necessary for three weeks.)

please note this from the AT&T web page for the passport package

Passport packages do not apply on cruise ships. See if a cruise package is available for your cruise line.

The cruise ship package is separate at $100/month and is available for Holland America.

2 hours ago, Dogma4 said:

Thanks...that is not what ATT rep told me on the phone!  Huh!  
The above referenced cruise ship package only covers USA, parts of Caribbean and parts of Mexico.   

you are welcome. I had intended to post a link to the full page and I just realized that I didn't. So here it is.

https://www.att.com/offers/international-plans/passport.html

The information I quoted is in fine print near the bottom of the page.