Excursion Recommendations! Eastern itinerary

Evening!!  My son and I will be cruising in April and we are looking for great excursions to take - open to both Royal Caribbean excursions, but also, to reputable off ship excursions, that can be trusted to get us back on time!  I am looking for St Kitts, St Thomas and CoCo Cay recommendations.  We are looking for places we can sit on a beach, perhaps snorkel, and enjoy a beach chair, grab a bite, and perhaps a nice frozen drink for me!!  We just booked;  a lot of the ship excursions are booked. Any and all recommendations welcome!! Thanks

On St. Kitts, We have done this excursion through Royal Caribbean twice and had a great time both times.   It's very highly recommended on tripadvisor and is exclusive to Royal Caribbean when ship is in port so you must book through the cruise line.  But beautiful snorkeling and a fun relaxing hour or so on Nevis at beach. Drinks are included.  Check it out in your cruise planner. 

Catamaran Fan-ta-sea to Nevis with Snorkel

• Like 1

13 hours ago, weliketocruise2017 said:

Evening!!  My son and I will be cruising in April and we are looking for great excursions to take - open to both Royal Caribbean excursions, but also, to reputable off ship excursions, that can be trusted to get us back on time!  I am looking for St Kitts, St Thomas and CoCo Cay recommendations.  We are looking for places we can sit on a beach, perhaps snorkel, and enjoy a beach chair, grab a bite, and perhaps a nice frozen drink for me!!  We just booked;  a lot of the ship excursions are booked. Any and all recommendations welcome!! Thanks

For st Kitts. I highly recommend a beach day at South Friars Beach and carambola beach club.  It's a 20 to 30 minute taxi ride that cost us $20 round trip for 2.  

It is very relaxing and one side has great area to snorkel.  

We got a lounge chair for free but if you want umbrella or cushion for lounge chair then you pay rental fee. 

They have waiters serve drinks right on the beach or you can go the club and have lunch snacks or drinks under roof to cool off 

We got our taxi at the clock tower square and told our driver what time to pick us up and she was there waiting for us.  

Cococay  there is so much you can do for free or pay for waterslide etc. Beautiful island that is constantly evolving.  We loved doing the jet skis. I think we paid $75 for each ski.

Have fun!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For st Kitts. I highly recommend a beach day at South Friars Beach and carambola beach club.  It's a 20 to 30 minute taxi ride that cost us $20 round trip for 2.  

It is very relaxing and one side has great area to snorkel.  

We got a lounge chair for free but if you want umbrella or cushion for lounge chair then you pay rental fee. 

They have waiters serve drinks right on the beach or you can go the club and have lunch snacks or drinks under roof to cool off 

We got our taxi at the clock tower square and told our driver what time to pick us up and she was there waiting for us.  

Cococay  there is so much you can do for free or pay for waterslide etc. Beautiful island that is constantly evolving.  We loved doing the jet skis. I think we paid $75 for each ski.

Have fun!!

Thanks!! I appreciate it.  Most of the beach excursions via the RCI website say "sold out" so I'm looking for good alternatives. This is helpful.

6 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

On St. Kitts, We have done this excursion through Royal Caribbean twice and had a great time both times.   It's very highly recommended on tripadvisor and is exclusive to Royal Caribbean when ship is in port so you must book through the cruise line.  But beautiful snorkeling and a fun relaxing hour or so on Nevis at beach. Drinks are included.  Check it out in your cruise planner. 

Catamaran Fan-ta-sea to Nevis with Snorkel

The website says this one is sold out; sadly.  What are the chances i could book it once onboard? Does anybody know?

We are doing the same itinerary and wondering. We have looked on the Ports of Call threads with little luck. We have been to St. Thomas so many times that is not a concern, but my daughter wants to do a rainforest tour on St. Kitts and I have seen no reviews on the RXCL offered one.

22 hours ago, weliketocruise2017 said:

The website says this one is sold out; sadly.  What are the chances i could book it once onboard? Does anybody know?

I would definitely give it a try on board.  The worst that can happen is that they say no.   Also keep checking back.  Someone might cancel before your cruise.

• Like 1

If you have been to St. Thomas before, and are looking for something different, consider taking the local ferry to Water Island.  It was probably a 10 to 15 min. ride. Only a short walk from the ferry docking is Honeymoon Beach where you can snorkel. We had our own equipment and since this was a while back, I don't know if you can rent there now, but it was a lovely uncrowded beach.

On St. Kitts, I highly recommending using the services of Leo Christopher (christopherom95@ gmail.com), He is an older man, very careful driver and his grandmother taught him all about local flora and fauna. He gave us a great tour of the island, focusing on these attractions, and for a very reasonable price. I am sure he could do a good job on a rain forest tour. 

• Like 1

Several booking companies out there - shoreexcursioneer and shoreexcursionsgroup do a good job of linking you with the tour operators.  On both you can enter your cruise and it will show just what is available for your port.  We've used both multiple times.  There are others as well.

• Like 1

St Kitts. Take the local ferry over to Nevis in the morning. Walk to Pinney's Beach.

St Thomas. Take the local ferry over to St Johns and take a taxi/bus to Trunk Bay.

CocoCay. Grab any chair on the beach. Snorkeling isn't too great here.

• Like 1