Pride vs Fantasy Class

indygirl76

I just  booked a cruise on the Carnival Pride tonight, exactly one week before the sail date. (Woooooo! goes without saying.) Essentially all of my cruises (7, except the Glory in 2006) have been on Fantasy class - I really prefer a smaller ship, but I caught a fare that I couldn't pass up!  I know that the Pride has a steakhouse and a spa (/no children) hot tub, but is there anything else that's not to be missed? 

In my opinion the best part of Spirit class ships is they have by far the best Serenity area. Located at the back of the ship, it has a hot tub, pool, large bar, and plenty of both covered and uncovered seating. It is also very quiet back there, unlike Sunshine which has a nice looking Serenity area but it is way too loud there, since it is located right next to the Lido pool. 

• Like 4

I too love the Fantasy class, but the Pride is a Spirit class.  You will never feel crowded, the MDR is a step up in elegance, there are three pools, not one, you still have the water park area, and if you like shopping on board, the stores actually feel like stores, not so much, a place where folks hang out before a show.  All the public rooms are a bit bigger, and the deck three offers a complete ship walk around.  Enjoy!

• Like 2

I should add: I've been on 3 Fantasy class ships, and the Pride twice.

We had a great time on all the Fantasy class ships.  But, comparing the two, Pride has all the advantages.  Fantasy class ships don't have any advantages over the Pride.   Well, Fantasy class will let you book 5 to a cabin, with the 5th being a trundle bed on the floor.  But, the cabins are smaller on the Fantasy class ships than on the Pride.  

• Like 1

We also like the smaller Fantasy and Spirit classes of ships.  The Pride also has a retractable roof over one of the pools and the Dive in Movie area, which will be closed if you are leaving next week.  There is a lot of open space on the decks too.  

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1