PRINCESS NEEDS TO MODIFY THEIR REFUND POLICY

ANagy

Princess is doing a fantastic job in light of all the challenges.  To essentially blame them for the outbreak of COVID-19 is disingenuous at best.  Princess is taking good care of their passengers, crew and providing refunds and travel assistance where warranted.  Princess has no obligation to refund anything for a change of mind regarding travel.  Please reread the contract agreed to on booking.

Edited by Globehoppers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

This is a unique circumstance and I think Princess should issue a full CREDIT as a minimum for a cancelled cruise for those passengers who put their own safety first. Doesn't Princess always state safety first?  

Yes they do. They are going above and beyond my expectations for the Diamond Princess passengers quarantined. If someone changes their mind and cancels before Princess cancels their cruise there is a penalty.

I’ve bought Princess cancel for any reason, in the past and like Coral, will do it in the future. 

Edited by dog

I think it is too early to say "Princess has done a good job" on this. I have no doubt that after everything is over, every cruise line should look at this situation and evaluate what they did right, what they did wrong and what they could have improved on. 

FYI - I am not blaming them for the outbreak.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

This is a unique circumstance and I think Princess should issue a full CREDIT as a minimum for a cancelled cruise for those passengers who put their own safety first. Doesn't Princess always state safety first?  

I rarely agree with you. This is probably a first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, shepp said:

I was under the strong impression that PVP platinum gives you the right to cancel for any reason whatsoever before the ship actually sails, even getting assigned at the last minute to a cabin you hate. If you say "I'm cancelling because my cat is sick," who's going to check up?

You do, of course, only get credit toward a future cruise and not cash, though.

Funny you should say that. We actually did cancel at the last minute because our cat was sick. We got a future cruise credit, which was fine. We understood that that's how cancel for any reason works, so no worries.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Funny you should say that. We actually did cancel at the last minute because our cat was sick. We got a future cruise credit, which was fine. We understood that that's how cancel for any reason works, so no worries.

My Mom used to have a Seeing Eye dog. The dog had to have last minute surgery and we realized our normal policy would not cover this. If dog didn't travel, my Mom didn't either. So we had to double insure (to cover the dog under cancel for any reason) and then we would get a more expensive Allianz policy due to her medical issues. Later Allianz incorporated Service dogs into their policies (cancelling for their health) so we stopped double insuring. 

I am definitely one who has read policies inside and out.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 4

We have the platinum Princess insurance and are due to sail in five days.  We also have Princess Air, which was expensive.  One cruise agent told us the air would also be included in our future cruise credit if we cancel for any reason.  I am afraid to just go on her word because they’ve been wrong about things before.  Has anyone used the cancel for any reason with the Princess platinum insurance and had Princess Air?  Did you get credit for the air?

3 minutes ago, barbaraanne said:

We have the platinum Princess insurance and are due to sail in five days.  We also have Princess Air, which was expensive.  One cruise agent told us the air would also be included in our future cruise credit if we cancel for any reason.  I am afraid to just go on her word because they’ve been wrong about things before.  Has anyone used the cancel for any reason with the Princess platinum insurance and had Princess Air?  Did you get credit for the air?

I am curious about this also.  I do know Air is covered.

I have a cruise booked with Delta on EZ Air. Do I get a Delta credit, an EZ Air Credit or a large Princess credit?

I have only cancelled one cruise with EZ Air and it was due to a medical reason.

Edited by Coral

Unfortunately I had to cancel a cruise recently but had Princess Platinum insurance.  I received a monetary back from Princess, cruise credits from Aon and I had also used gift  cards to pay, and that money was put back on the gift cards.  The only thing I am out is the cost of the vacation protection. I am very satisfied with how it was handled.

• Like 1

The following was posted last night at https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/itinerary-modifications-cancellations.html

"

February 15, 2020 at 10:40PM PT

Updated Cancellation Policy

Guests booked on an Asia cancelled cruise, and have cancelled their booking on or after January 20, 2020, will receive details on a compensation package in the coming weeks.

"

They have also cancelled the April 20, 2020 sailing of the Diamond Princess

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 10:03 PM, cruiserchuck said:

Some insurance policies, including cancel for any reason coverage, do not cover losses from pandemics/epidemics.  So insurance might not cover a decision to not travel due to the Coronavirus.

Cancel for any Reason (CFAR) is marketed as just that, "for any reason" e.g., I wake up today and decide, "I just don't feel like going after all. I'm going to cancel and collect my insurance."

On 2/16/2020 at 1:24 PM, Coral said:

I am curious about this also.  I do know Air is covered.

I have a cruise booked with Delta on EZ Air. Do I get a Delta credit, an EZ Air Credit or a large Princess credit?

I have only cancelled one cruise with EZ Air and it was due to a medical reason.

You get an EZ Air credit. You can use that to purchase EZ Air for another Princess cruise. It does not have to be on Delta, as it is a Princess (EZ Air) credit.

Edited by HappyCruiserettu
Autocorrect mistake.

4 hours ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

You get an EZ Air credit. You can use that to purchase EZ Air for another Princess cruise. It does not have to be on Delta, as it is a Princess (EZ Air) credit.

Perfect - thank you!!! Better than Delta credit.

Edited by Coral

On 2/16/2020 at 3:27 PM, brisalta said:

The following was posted last night at https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/itinerary-modifications-cancellations.html

"

February 15, 2020 at 10:40PM PT

Updated Cancellation Policy

Guests booked on an Asia cancelled cruise, and have cancelled their booking on or after January 20, 2020, will receive details on a compensation package in the coming weeks.

"

They have also cancelled the April 20, 2020 sailing of the Diamond Princess

I have not looked at this close, but I got the impression this helps those who did not have cancel for any reason insurance and had already cancelled before the voyages were themselves cancelled. If that is correct, it could also be savings for those without insurance.

• Like 3