The Regent Website is Having Major Problems

Ladys Mom

I have tried to gReet some information on the Regent website this morning.  Every time I try I ultimately get to a page that says that the website is down.  Has anyone else had these problems?  It may relate to Regent cancelling a number of Asian cruises today.

28 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

I have tried to gReet some information on the Regent website this morning.  Every time I try I ultimately get to a page that says that the website is down.  Has anyone else had these problems?  It may relate to Regent cancelling a number of Asian cruises today.

Ladys Mom, what info were you trying to get?  I just checked and had no difficulty.  Strangely, the March 1 Voyager cruise is still listed, although it has been cancelled.

38 minutes ago, boblerm said:

Ladys Mom, what info were you trying to get?  I just checked and had no difficulty.  Strangely, the March 1 Voyager cruise is still listed, although it has been cancelled.

I was trying to get information on the 2020 WC shore excursions.  It said no world cruises existed.  

Be careful with the website.  We thought we booked all our excursions Friday evening only to find none of them took.  By the time I looked Tuesday pm our two favorites were waitlisted.

I have been booking them for years on the website.   The ports are nothing special.  The appeal is we can drive to the ship.

1 hour ago, Ladys Mom said:

Ladys Mom - whenever Regent is updating their website, it tends to be up and then down.  Usually they put a note on the website advising people that this will be happening.  In this case, since March 1st is days away, one would assume they would rather work on updating the website instead of spending time to write notes (since most of us are aware of the changes that they are going through.) 

I recommend contacting your TA whenever possible.  They will have up-to-date information (if they don't, they can find information faster than we can by calling Customer Service that is likely inundated.). 

Are you trying to look another cruise?  I ask because there are likely hundreds of passengers that were also affected by the cancellations doing the same thing.  And, if you are trying to book another cruise, you may want to try to book online (and then verify that it has gone through).

Hope that you get this resolved quickly!

4 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Ladys Mom - whenever Regent is updating their website, it tends to be up and then down.  Usually they put a note on the website advising people that this will be happening.  In this case, since March 1st is days away, one would assume they would rather work on updating the website instead of spending time to write notes (since most of us are aware of the changes that they are going through.) 

I recommend contacting your TA whenever possible.  They will have up-to-date information (if they don't, they can find information faster than we can by calling Customer Service that is likely inundated.). 

Are you trying to look another cruise?  I ask because there are likely hundreds of passengers that were also affected by the cancellations doing the same thing.  And, if you are trying to book another cruise, you may want to try to book online (and then verify that it has gone through).

Hope that you get this resolved quickly!

TC2 and Boblerm you both are most probably right.  I am sure that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of distressed individuals on the website right now trying to figure out another cruise to take.  The information I needed is not critical at all and I can wait until the panic calms down.  It is just that when I have some free time I like to look at this year's shore excursions, as well as the ones that have been posted for our WC next year, to see whether we would want a Regent tour or I should be looking at private tours.

21 hours ago, Eager2Travel said:

Be careful with the website.  We thought we booked all our excursions Friday evening only to find none of them took.  By the time I looked Tuesday pm our two favorites were waitlisted.

I have been booking them for years on the website.   The ports are nothing special.  The appeal is we can drive to the ship.

Are you on the 10 day LA to LA on Mariner?  We booked our excursions Saturday morning. I think I’ll go double check that the excursions took for us. 

On 2/20/2020 at 7:15 PM, boblerm said:

Strangely, the March 1 Voyager cruise is still listed, although it has been cancelled.

I find it very disappointing that Regent have been unable to keep their website updated throughout this difficult period; a time when many guests are seeking up-to-date information.

This morning I see that all the cancelled cruises are still on the website; the only changes being that in the availability column it states "Call". Surely the last thing Regent staff need at this time is potential guests ringing their various offices enquiring about cruises that have already been cancelled 🤨

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flossie009 said:

I find it very disappointing that Regent have been unable to keep their website updated throughout this difficult period; a time when many guests are seeking up-to-date information.

This morning I see that all the cancelled cruises are still on the website; the only changes being that in the availability column it states "Call". Surely the last thing Regent staff need at this time is potential guests ringing their various offices enquiring about cruises that have already been cancelled 🤨

I agree. Some of the amended cruises also look confusing as the itineraries showed two different ports on the same day. I am no IT guru, but changing ports or simply indicated that the cruise is cancelled should not be too much of a deal. The only indication that something is happening is that status for each cabin category states "call"

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eager2Travel said:

Jeb_bud, we are on the 10 day LA cruise.  I hope you had better luck then us.  If it didn’t work just call Regent and have them take care of it.  Good luck.

I guess by the time I got on to choose our excursions the web site problem was fixed.  Our excursions were still there when I checked yesterday.

The cruise isn't very full yet.  I wonder if that will change with all those 25% FCCs that have to be used this year.