Curious about cruise entertainment

happylittlefamily

We just took the Ecstasy on 2/10 for a 5 day to Bahamas out of Jacksonville.  It was as Monday through Saturday cruise.  I just booked the same ship for 3/5 sailing 4 day to Bahamas.   This time, we leave Thursday through Monday.  Is there a difference with on-board entertainment?  We had America Rocks show and the Motown show.  Do they still do the Hasbro game show and Lip Sync Battle? We had such a great time and don't mind watching same shows again.   Also, Mon through Saturday was pretty family friendly,  but we were told 3 and 4 day cruises are a little more party-like.  Hoping for a relaxing trip as we never even had a chance to visit the pool.  Just preparing myself in case it's a different cruise environment.   Thanks!!

They generally do the same shows. I'm not much of a show person though.

As far as the 3-4 day party cruises, I think that is a little overblown. There is always people looking to have a good time, no matter the length. There are always quiet places to relax too.

I recently attended a Q&A session where our cruise director explained that the same shows stay on a particular ship because it would be a huge undertaking to change out the shows.   Think about all the props, costumes, the lighting system setup and programs, etc. etc. etc.  What they do is to rotate ships through different ports so that people have a chance to experience the different shows which are available.  

As an aside, it's my humble opinion that by and large all the shows are extremely well done.  My very favorite were on the Paradise when we sailed to Cuba last year.  

Edited by groundloop

• 1 month later...

From groundloop:  I recently attended a Q&A session where our cruise director explained that the same shows stay on a particular ship because it would be a huge undertaking to change out the shows.   

We were told 5 years. 

Edited by crusinpsychRN