Cruise ships refused permission to visit ports outside Asia

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Mauritius and Madagascar refused entry to Sun Princess in addition to the issues at Reunion Island, demonstrations etc.   Sun Princess now has 8 days at sea back to Fremantle.   Some very unhappy little Vegemites on board.

Thank you.  I hadn't heard of any demonstrations at Reunion, nor Mauritius and Madagascar   What a shame for the passengers with missed ports then eight days at sea back to Fremantle.  

I always thought an Indian Ocean island cruise would be wonderful. 

Thank goodness the Sydney Harbour Ferries can still call into Circular Quay, Manly, Watsons Bay, Taronga Zoo and a few other exciting 'ports.'    Just wear your mask.🤐

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Israel Health Ministry has ordered 14 day quarantine for all travellers from Germany, France, Spain, Switzerland and Austria.

I agree Med no longer looks like a good cruising option.  

haaretz.com

Edited by MMDown Under

40 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Israel Health Ministry has ordered 14 day quarantine for all travellers from Germany, France, Spain, Switzerland and Austria.

I agree Med no longer looks like a good cruising option.  

haaretz.com

Crystal: Alert Advisor Update - Israel - No arrivals from people who have travelled from, visited, or transmitted via Thailand, South Korea, Singapore, Japan and China, inc HK and Macau.  

etc. 

Keeping up with how each Country is managing this rapidly spreading corona virus must be a nightmare for the cruise and airline industry.  

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Crystal: Alert Advisor Update - Israel - No arrivals from people who have travelled from, visited, or transmitted via Thailand, South Korea, Singapore, Japan and China, inc HK and Macau.  

etc. 

Keeping up with how each Country is managing this rapidly spreading corona virus must be a nightmare for the cruise and airline industry.  

I can see a few struggling airlines and travel agents going under.

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I can see a few struggling airlines and travel agents going under.

Yes I just heard of one airline on the news but didn't catch the name.  Fly ?

Now is a good time to be travelling under UK Government regulations.  If Australian TAs go under, it will be a pity for passengers not covered by Australian Government regulations.  

56 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Now is a good time to be travelling under UK Government regulations.  If Australian TAs go under, it will be a pity for passengers not covered by Australian Government regulations.  

FLY365 went bust last week, owing heaps to customers and creditors.

Grand Princess has been 'held' off San Francisco re corona virus issues.   Unable to enter port and US Coastguard is delivering testing kits. More detail probably in Princess section of CC.  Hope it does not end up like the Diamond Princess.

• Like 1

Grand Princess has been 'held' off San Francisco re corona virus issues.   Unable to enter port and US Coastguard is delivering testing kits. More detail probably in Princess section of CC.  Hope it does not end up like the Diamond Princess.
Not looking good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Not looking good.

Indeed not. The Governor of San Francisco has declared all pax and crew must be tested before Grand Princess can enter San  Francisco Port.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

UK airline - flybe.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Flybe has been living on borrowed time for some time now, I'm sure people will be linking it to coronavirus, but as someone who works in the industry I can say that Brexit had more of an impact on their demise than this pandemic has.

My relatives are going to the Pacific Islands in 2 weeks. Ex Sydney

Does anyone know if there are restrictions on ports for this region?

Its Ruby Princess , Mare, Lifou, Vila, Suva, Mystery Island. not sure if Isle of Pines is there too.

7 minutes ago, Sallyandtex said:

Its Ruby Princess , Mare, Lifou, Vila, Suva, Mystery Island. not sure if Isle of Pines is there too.

I would be willing to bet that many of those ports will not be open. eg Mare, Mystery Island and Isle of Pines are merely "villages" with almost no medical personnel/facilities at all. Port Vila and Suva - bigger cities with hospitals but who knows ???

13 minutes ago, Sallyandtex said:

They probably will not know which, if any ports will be missed until after they leave Sydney or whatever home port they are departing from.  That is what happened on Majestic Princess recently, scheduled Sydney-Singapore, but cruise terminated at Fremantle.

15 minutes ago, Sallyandtex said:

Lifou, Mare, Isle of Pines all off limits to cruise ships last I heard. Check with Princess and the smart traveller website has a page on pacific islands.   

Latest dated 4 March.

"The local tribal chiefs of Lifou, Mare have closed the ports to cruise ships in response to fears of coronavirus spreading to the islands.

Lifou and Mare have informed all cruise lines on January 31, that all visits to the islands have been cancelled until further notice as a precautionary measure.

The Isle of Pines is the latest island to shut their ports. According to Cruise Critic, Carnival Splendor’s Captain Iemmi stated in a letter sent to guests that the decision was made without any consultation or input from the ship."

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/south-pacific-islands-turns-cruise-ships-away-due-to-coronavirus-fears/

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Just read on Princess thread that a passenger who had cruised on Grand Princess, from San Francisco to Mexico, tested positive to the virus following his return.  He later died.  Following the Mexico cruise, the ship was en route from San Francisco to Hawaii (with some B2B passengers) when it returned to San Francisco, where it is being held off shore pending testing of passengers for the corona virus.  

Details on Princess thread 

Edited by MMDown Under

27 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Latest dated 4 March.

"The local tribal chiefs of Lifou, Mare have closed the ports to cruise ships in response to fears of coronavirus spreading to the islands.

Lifou and Mare have informed all cruise lines on January 31, that all visits to the islands have been cancelled until further notice as a precautionary measure.

The Isle of Pines is the latest island to shut their ports. According to Cruise Critic, Carnival Splendor’s Captain Iemmi stated in a letter sent to guests that the decision was made without any consultation or input from the ship."

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/south-pacific-islands-turns-cruise-ships-away-due-to-coronavirus-fears/

Thanks everyone. 

I can understand their thinking. I am worried about the economic outcome for these little communities, hope the cruise companies help out financially.