Price Drop

Hi all!

Just a question. Both of the cruises we have been on have dropped in price totalling around 300GBP 

Now whilst we were happy in paying that price at booking I've seen that NCL sometimes offer onboard credit or room type upgrades?

We booked and paid in full with a UK travel agent. Can we do anything with NCL by way of them doing something for us?

Prices have dropped considerably on my upcoming cruise on Encore. I phoned NCL UK to ask about upgrading to a balcony cabin from my solo studio cabin, anticipating being permitted to do so on the basis of the current price, which would involve an additional charge of approximately £200, which I was happy to pay. I assumed wrongly! They wanted to charge me the price it would've been at the point of booking... ie £600!  I thought that UK customers would receive the same goodwill gestures being offered to their US customers, but nope.

As far as I'm aware, from everything I've read on the subject, this isn't about written policy, as after final payment they don't need to do anything for anyone, but at the moment US customers are doing pretty well out of the price drops, meanwhile I now feel like I'm less important as a customer because I live in the UK.  

Btw, previously I have cancelled and re-booked a cruise before final payment and lost the non-refundable deposit which I was completely aware of and ok with as it's part of the T&Cs, and it was still worth it to me. I feel like gestures of goodwill should be across the board as it's not in written T&Cs. 

If anyone in the UK, or Europe, has any luck with getting some kind of goodwill gesture due to a price drop after final payment, I would be very interested to hear about it. 

13 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

but the downside of US TA: you do not have the coverage of EU law in respect of re routing, port change......

EU law ??? we have had changes /ports dropped /cruises cut short and what we have had is .. port charges refunded (very slight change to cost)  a pro-rated refund (NCL Maths).

If you book with NCL direct then they will speak to you -if you go through a TA then it's up to the TA to fight your corner .

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 10:52 AM, Mrworldwide_88 said:

Hi all!

Just a question. Both of the cruises we have been on have dropped in price totalling around 300GBP 

Now whilst we were happy in paying that price at booking I've seen that NCL sometimes offer onboard credit or room type upgrades?

We booked and paid in full with a UK travel agent. Can we do anything with NCL by way of them doing something for us?

ours too and we contacted our TA . We paid 984 dollars for an inside stateroom and now an ocean view is 986 dollars ( guarantee) we wanted to move up and our TA told us we would have to pay 700 dollars more. To us it did not make any sense since i am looking at the price right there on NCL but she insisted, so now i don't know what to do.

• Like 1

Because of the virus NCL have had to cancel and re-route cruises. They must be loosing money so perhaps they are not inclined to offer reductions/upgrades/ OBC.

In the UK when we pay a deposit ( TA or NCL ) it is non-refundable or transferable to another cruise.

I'm quiet envious when reading how our American friends can price watch and then cancel without penalty before final payment .

It's a subject often discussed on these boards and it seems every one is different.

You could try phoning and speaking to a different operator (NCL) but as we found when NCL cut short our cruise by one day, dealing through our TA was difficult.

• Like 2

I called today. Have a spacious ocean view booked. Rate dropped and they now have all perks and obc offered.  They offered me a balcony with 200 obc and all perks. If I keep my original room which we love they would only give 50 obc. Makes no sense.  I would be happy with the extra perks.

Rep suggested waiting as he thinks prices may drop again before the May 12 sailing.