New NCL incentives

CroozFanatic

**Reading the tea leaves ****

NCL mostly did away with OBC when booking compared to many years ago. Not only is it back but back in a big way.  I think the Coronovirus panic with cruise lines in the news has drastically hurt bookings.  Instead of lowering prices, they are starting with OBC.  If this panic gets resolved within months, we will look back at this time and wish we had jumped.  I have never seen NCL offer 600 OBC directly before.  Usually its American Express or some combination to get that level of OBC.

• Like 1

You are right. The base price of my cruise has actually gone up $140 from when I booked, but they are now offering $100 of OBC plus an additional 3 free at sea perks ( I originally had one), so it is a give and take. I have not jumped on it because I am likely going to end up cancelling three days prior to my cruise, and stand to lose 25% of my base cruise and airfare. My cruise is scheduled for May in Europe, including ports in Italy. It's good, I only stand to lose about $205 which I understood when I booked last month.

I understand the concern over the virus and can certainly understand why bookings have tanked, but some of things I've seen reported are just crazy.

On 3/3/2020 at 1:17 PM, coastcat said:

I assume that if you’re past final payment date, it’s a no-go?

However, I have 3 booked cruises which aren’t. It might annoy a rep to cancel and rebook those cruises for me but OBC morphs into a discounted Thermal Suite pass on each cruise...

We have only one booked with final payment due in May. You don't  have to rebook- they just apply the new price or new perk to your existing reservation. 2 weeks ago we saved 78 dollars on the fare; this week we got an added $600 OBC. Same booking number, same suite. Takes 2 minutes. Confirmations received right away.

• Like 2

I talked to my TA yesterday and paid for a small upgrade.  Even though we're past final payment, we went from a B6 Large Balcony on Deck 9 of the Breakaway with $190 in OBC (Combination of TA and NCL OBC) and moved to an M6 Large Mini-Suite on Deck 8 with $485 in total OBC. So it cost us $196 more in up front cash to move to a Large Balcony mini-suite, but raked in $285 in additional OBC.

Life is good!  57 days until sailing. 😎

• Like 1

7 day NCL sky. 

Oceanview for four. All free at sea offers and $120 obc. $2800 out the door. Applied $500 cruise next from years ago. So $2300 balance remaining. 

ETA $900+ of that are taxes/port fees

Edited by ToroAzul
  • Like 1

Called today about the promotion.  Have an Alaska cruise booked for this May.  Booked an interior cabin with one promo (picked the dining package) with the Latitudes one extra point a night.  Final payment was January 26.

First NCL rep I spoke to told me that it would cost an extra $800 per person to add on all of the perks.  Told me that that was because all interior cabins are sold out and I had to upgrade my room.  I told him that I had done a mock booking and it showed many open interior cabins.  He then said that if I had finalized the booking, my credit card would have been declined since there were no cabins available....  Thanked him very much for his help.  He wished he could have done more for me.

I called back two minutes later.  This NCL rep said no problem.  Placed me on hold for about 5 minutes.  Came back and said it would cost me an extra $200 (total) to add the perks:  beverage, wifi, shore excursion, dining (which I already had) and $100 OBC.  Asked if that included all the service charges, she said yes.  Asked if I still had my extra Latitude point a night, she said yes.  Gave her my credit card.  Just got the receipt.  Very happy that I added all of these perks for just $100/person.  Hubby and I will certainly drink that much on board.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ToroAzul said:

7 day NCL sky. 

Oceanview for four. All free at sea offers and $120 obc. $2800 out the door. Applied $500 cruise next from years ago. So $2300 balance remaining. 

ETA $900+ of that are taxes/port fees

I was just looking at that same one about an hour ago for August 2021 .... that’s a pretty decent deal .... one of few for my family of four as well. 

1 hour ago, BEACHBARB said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH.  I just got $600 OBC added to our 2/1/21 cruise that we booked a couple weeks ago.  I just love my cruisecritic friends.  

Yes, Thanks everyone! 

So nice to pick up OBC for a cruise you were already planning to take.    I would have missed out on so many good deals if I hadn't learned so much from people on this board.  

47 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Yes, Thanks everyone! 

So nice to pick up OBC for a cruise you were already planning to take.    I would have missed out on so many good deals if I hadn't learned so much from people on this board.  

I met a woman today that is going on her first every cruise to Alaska and the Bliss and I was telling her how great it was etc.  And I told her about this site so she could educate herself.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...