Carnival is giving OBC to keep your booking from now until May 31st

jlabs03

I am frankly worried. I am booked on the 4-11 Panorama sailing, with every intention of going. My onboard credit will be $500 which is very sweet indeed, BUT (notice the big but) US Department of State has advised all US citizens to not cruise. I will think about it for a few days and make a decision. Our local health authorities held up Panorama from unloading and loading on Saturday because one pax was ill, and authorities wanted test results for Corona virus. The test results are ready in 4 hours according to the CDC, but it took the sloths in government 24 hours to make a decision. Turned out no suspected virus, fortunate for the pax, but the people booked on 3-7 will lose a day of their vacation. 

Our Government in California seems intent on exercising an abundance of caution when it comes to cruise ships, but looks the other way at the homeless living in conditions (many through no fault of their own) that are ripe to fester a pandemic in San Francisco and Los Angeles. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 12:24 AM, bury me at sea said:

I have a late March booking on the Freedom and have not received anything from Carnival, nor does the OBC show on my booking documents under Cruise Manager.

My own PVP was out today and the person I was transferred to said my cruise is within the guidelines to receive the OBC.  She didn't know why the letter wasn't sent.

I am beginning to feel like the Lone Stranger.  I will call back tomorrow.

I haven't gotten a letter either...sail on 3-21...although I chatted with a representative via twitter who im'd me the letter.  I am wondering if the delay is because I booked via costco.

3 hours ago, meanjean80 said:

I haven't gotten a letter either...sail on 3-21...although I chatted with a representative via twitter who im'd me the letter.  I am wondering if the delay is because I booked via costco.

I also booked through Costco and have not gotten the letter;  I did find on another thread that you can cancel/reschedule through a web link instead of spending hours on the phone.  We are supposed to sail on Monday; waiting until that magic 3 day mark before I make my decision official

37 minutes ago, WildBlueYonder64 said:

I was on the phone this morning with a Carnival rep regarding a different matter, and she said that the decision had been made today to extend the OBC offer through July 31.  We sail on the Magic July 4th, so waiting for my confirmation email! 

Ummmm,have not seen that yet. 

On 3/9/2020 at 12:10 PM, meanjean80 said:

First I did finally get the e-mail.

Second I booked through my Carnival pvp.

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I was just on the phone with them regarding a booking tied to this and while it was not specifically brought up, I would have thought they would mention it, hope your right,

Jimbo I was on the phone with my TA this afternoon upgrading the cabin on my September cruise (after which I found out I may be banned from because I am well into my 70's.)

He said he had "heard a rumor" that the OBC offer MIGHT be extended through June 30 sailings.

The rumor mills are proceeding at record pace.

1 hour ago, bury me at sea said:

Jimbo I was on the phone with my TA this afternoon upgrading the cabin on my September cruise (after which I found out I may be banned from because I am well into my 70's.)

He said he had "heard a rumor" that the OBC offer MIGHT be extended through June 30 sailings.

The rumor mills are proceeding at record pace.

Heard it as well (the date extension, not your age....) but I cannot confirm it.  They are overwhelmed but putting in a Herculean effort. 

On 3/9/2020 at 4:16 PM, septemberbabycruising said:

I also booked through Costco and have not gotten the letter;  I did find on another thread that you can cancel/reschedule through a web link instead of spending hours on the phone.  We are supposed to sail on Monday; waiting until that magic 3 day mark before I make my decision official

It would be up to the booking agent, in your case Costco, to notify you, it is their responsibility. 

On 3/9/2020 at 1:55 AM, Moviela said:

I am frankly worried. I am booked on the 4-11 Panorama sailing, with every intention of going. My onboard credit will be $500 which is very sweet indeed, BUT (notice the big but) US Department of State has advised all US citizens to not cruise. I will think about it for a few days and make a decision. Our local health authorities held up Panorama from unloading and loading on Saturday because one pax was ill, and authorities wanted test results for Corona virus. The test results are ready in 4 hours according to the CDC, but it took the sloths in government 24 hours to make a decision. Turned out no suspected virus, fortunate for the pax, but the people booked on 3-7 will lose a day of their vacation. 

Our Government in California seems intent on exercising an abundance of caution when it comes to cruise ships, but looks the other way at the homeless living in conditions (many through no fault of their own) that are ripe to fester a pandemic in San Francisco and Los Angeles. 

I think you have assessed it accurately.  

15 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Heard it as well (the date extension, not your age....) but I cannot confirm it.  They are overwhelmed but putting in a Herculean effort. 

I have received two letters from Carnival.  One on 3/7 for my March 22 and May 25th cruise and another letter on 3/11 for my June 3rd cruise (B2B).

The 3/7 letter indicated $200 OBC for guest booked prior to March 6, 2020.   In addition, Guest booked on sailings departing between March 29 and March 31 can move your booking to a future date up to 3 days before sailing. - This applies to my March 22nd cruise and my May 25 cruise.  I will receive $200 OBC for both cruises.

The 3/11 letter indicates :

Guests who choose to keep their booking, as currently scheduled, for departures June through September, 2020, will receive the following onboard credit (OBC) amount:

• US$50, per cabin, for 2 – 5 day sailings
  • US$100, per cabin, for 6 day sailings and longer

so looks like there is one letter for cruises through May 31st with $200 OBC for 7 days or longer and another letter for cruises June through Sept.  for $100 OBC for 7 days or longer.

The firs letter was a PDF attachment, the second letter, the information was in the body of the email (no attachment).