Regal Princess Drifting off Miami?

eroller

6 hours ago, Fletch1 said:

I agree.....Princess can't win. Why can't another cruise line be centre of attention? 

Anthem of the Seas had plenty of attention last month...not fun for us either as we waited hour by hour to hear the status of our cruise.

1 hour ago, mrgoalie said:

I would let them cancel it instead of making the decision to cancel. If they cancel you get money refunded, if you cancel its cruise credit. Wont matter if you are going to rebook soon on Princess, but I would rather get my money back and start over. At least this info is what I understand to be true. We are on the 3-15 Regal trip. I'll wait for them to cancel it, that way the accountability is on them. Thinking that taking this week to tighten up measures then 3-15 will go to eastern Caribbean.

The cancel of the Royal Cruise didn’t happen until 6PM the day of the cruise. I would have hated to have been caught up in that mess in the terminal for a whole day just to have had to go home at the end. And we’re within driving distance of the pier and wouldn’t have had to deal with hotels and shuttles and flight arrangements. I can’t imagine how long it took for them to get everyone out of there last night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawniepoo said:

yes, that is our plan at the moment and we are sailing with you on 3/15

We are also on the 3/15 cruise. We are snow birds staying the winter in Port St Lucie. So we will wait and see. We are only a two hr drive down the cost to the port.  Hope to be on board a week from now. At least the ship will be sanitized during the week plus no problem getting on next Sunday.

• Like 2

That might be the saving grace for us to keep this sailing if the ship is cleared for passengers. They will have several days (hopefully) to thoroughly clean the ship and possibly test the rest of the crew members for the virus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gelboydad said:

We are also on the 3/15 cruise. We are snow birds staying the winter in Port St Lucie. So we will wait and see. We are only a two hr drive down the cost to the port.  Hope to be on board a week from now. At least the ship will be sanitized during the week plus no problem getting on next Sunday.

Let's hope this is the case. 

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Are you allowed to still use your cabin? Is your luggage with you? What is the vibe on-board?

Still full access to the ship. Slight changes you would expect with the noro, such as no salt and pepper shakers and they hand you plate. You can still serve yourself at the buffett last I saw.

No luggage. 

Vibe was okay last we were in public areas an hour ago. We are going to walk around soon since we are not getting updates right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had our luggage taken last night (as usual) and are left with our hand luggage.

We have normal things going on such as a movie in Vista and trivia etc. Basically we are carrying on a familiar routine while waiting for test results. We had lunch in Horizon and have been given unlimited WiFi and phone. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jtjosh02 said:

Still full access to the ship. Slight changes you would expect with the noro, such as no salt and pepper shakers and they hand you plate. You can still serve yourself at the buffett last I saw.

No luggage. 

Vibe was okay last we were in public areas an hour ago. We are going to walk around soon since we are not getting updates right now. 

I am local here in Ft Lauderdale area, wishing you guys the best.  Please keep us posted and we will keep you updated if we hear something.   Stay strong,  hopefully you will be off shortly.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bluehengal said:

Yes, we are currently on the ship.

6 minutes ago, tillys mom said:

We had our luggage taken last night (as usual) and are left with our hand luggage.

We have normal things going on such as a movie in Vista and trivia etc. Basically we are carrying on a familiar routine while waiting for test results. We had lunch in Horizon and have been given unlimited WiFi and phone. 

Hopefully you will be off soon 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dawniepoo said:

yes, good point 👍🏻

We cancealed our Regal Princess Cruise on Friday (supposed to have sailed today, and has now been cancealed by Princess) but we were refunded and given a FCC. I think anyone can cancel a Princess Cruise departing til end of May and get a refund, or FCC. At this point, it seems like the wise thing to do if you are a senior citizen, and esp if you have a underlying condition. I am diabetic, so discretion seemed the better part of valor, and we have til Dec. 2021 to sail on the Future Cruise Credit. 

• Like 1