Jump to content

Regal Princess Drifting off Miami?


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

 

The Port schedule shows a docking time of 22:22.  Will guests that wish be allowed to remain on-board overnight with breakfast the next morning?

 

If not, will hotel arrangements be made for the ship's guests?  

They haven't mentioned anything about disembarking just yet.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Stevie17 said:

We were supposed to sale on Regal on 3/29 and canceled two days ago. I’ve never been happier about canceling a cruise in my life.

 

We'll be on the Regal on 3/29 and I can't wait!!  We haven't even thought about canceling!!  In 3 weeks, things will have calmed down...I hope.  So much panic and fear.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how much you all want to spend, but check out the stretch of hotels along SE 17th Street. Really close to where Regal will dock. All these hotels still have availability and sub $200 for the night. 

 

Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port

Hyatt Place Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port

Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

Not sure how much you all want to spend, but check out the stretch of hotels along SE 17th Street. Really close to where Regal will dock. All these hotels still have availability and sub $200 for the night. 

 

Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port

Hyatt Place Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port

Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

Princess is paying up to $300 for hotel stay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, spyro1952 said:

Was supposed to do TA and BI cruise on Regal starting 4/19 but cancelled last week.  Don’t want to get stuck in quarantine somewhere

we are/and most likely "soon to be were were" on the same cruise....with friends.  We will 99.9% sure we'll cancel, but won't cancel yet....you never know what news will come out in three weeks.  We just have to cancel before the end of march to get a FCC.   We are in our later 70's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

What gives you the impression that things will calm down in 3 weeks?  It is now having an effect on Florida departures.  Every day there are more and more cases. Things are just heating up.


As someone who has been part of this now, although nowhere near what those on the Diamond and Grand are and have went through, here are my thoughts. We knew the risk 100% and we took it 7 days ago feeling the risk was low. Each day of this cruise that went by, you saw more and more in the news of the spread and the risk continued to increase. We had an amazing cruise, but these last 13 hours of that unknown really made you think. My advice to everyone, if you are not willing to deal with the worst case, cancel! We on the Regal today we’re lucky, but we saw how two crew with no symptoms just because they were in a cluster nearly put us in a crazy situation. I don’t think this is going anywhere, and based on what we dealt with today, it only takes one person with symptoms from a known area for the CDC to shut it down. 
 

I give major kudos to Captain Tim and all of Princess on how they handled this today. If I was not stressed about the thought about us not getting to be with our daughter for some time, today would have been like another sea day. 
 

We are not 100% until we get off the ship, still not heading in. 


 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jtjosh02 said:


As someone who has been part of this now, although nowhere near what those on the Diamond and Grand are and have went through, here are my thoughts. We knew the risk 100% and we took it 7 days ago feeling the risk was low. Each day of this cruise that went by, you saw more and more in the news of the spread and the risk continued to increase. We had an amazing cruise, but these last 13 hours of that unknown really made you think. My advice to everyone, if you are not willing to deal with the worst case, cancel! We on the Regal today we’re lucky, but we saw how two crew with no symptoms just because they were in a cluster nearly put us in a crazy situation. I don’t think this is going anywhere, and based on what we dealt with today, it only takes one person with symptoms from a known area for the CDC to shut it down. 
 

I give major kudos to Captain Tim and all of Princess on how they handled this today. If I was not stressed about the thought about us not getting to be with our daughter for some time, today would have been like another sea day. 
 

We are not 100% until we get off the ship, still not heading in. 


 

 

 

 

 

Your post is most reasonable.  Thanks for doing so.  May you have a "Happy Landing" in Fort Lauderdale!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

 

Your post is most reasonable.  Thanks for doing so.  May you have a "Happy Landing" in Fort Lauderdale!


Thank you. We did spend some time thinking about the scenarios today while waiting for an update, and although we were mentally ready for the worst, I can tell you I am not willing to be in that situation again!! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rabin1 said:

They said on Channel 10 they are waiting for a pilot

Kathy


Captain Tim just made the announcements they are waiting for the final paperwork with proper stamps and signatures before he can order the pilot. Should be soon he gets the paperwork and will order the pilot and get us in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jtjosh02 said:


As someone who has been part of this now, although nowhere near what those on the Diamond and Grand are and have went through, here are my thoughts. We knew the risk 100% and we took it 7 days ago feeling the risk was low. Each day of this cruise that went by, you saw more and more in the news of the spread and the risk continued to increase. We had an amazing cruise, but these last 13 hours of that unknown really made you think. My advice to everyone, if you are not willing to deal with the worst case, cancel! We on the Regal today we’re lucky, but we saw how two crew with no symptoms just because they were in a cluster nearly put us in a crazy situation. I don’t think this is going anywhere, and based on what we dealt with today, it only takes one person with symptoms from a known area for the CDC to shut it down. 
 

I give major kudos to Captain Tim and all of Princess on how they handled this today. If I was not stressed about the thought about us not getting to be with our daughter for some time, today would have been like another sea day. 
 

We are not 100% until we get off the ship, still not heading in. 


 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for your honest share and evaluation.....cannot imagine what other passengers have gone through on the Diamond and the Grand.....definitely gives us pause whether we will take the risk on our two 30 day cruises we are booked on with Princess a little later this year....hope things go well for you on your journey home!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sgacruiser said:

I wonder, if at this point, they will stay on the ship tonight and debark tomorrow morning.

Seems like that would make sense. I'd wonder if the shoreside personnel are still at the pier at this late hour to unload luggage, transport passengers to hotels, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...