Toiletries in Cabin

Gardyloo2

Last summer there was an extensive thread discussion about moving shampoo, conditioner and shower gel into  wall mounted dispensers or into larger bottles instead of the little bottles in the past.  Whatever became of that? Can someone who has been on AZ recently fill me in? My most recent AZ was about this time last year.  What brand is in the CC suite, any idea?

And it makes no difference if you are in a suite, it’s the same Eco brand.

For me, the shampoo and conditioner just doesn’t work, conspiracists will say to get you to use the spa services however, I also found in the general showers in the spa they had an excellent Elemis product so I would wash my hair there every other time.  A bit of a faff that better products would resolve if you don’t want to bring your own.  (I do have long hair) 

Edited by uktog

This is an area where Azamara falls down hard - “Eco Boutique” in an ironically un-eco-friendly small bottle. Terrible product. I’ve had better shampoo in chain hotels. 

Last month, looking for warm weather, I sailed Holland America and even they had Elemis products. Those were in the large pump bottles but it was truly Elemis product.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Harrietq said:

This is an area where Azamara falls down hard - “Eco Boutique” in an ironically un-eco-friendly small bottle. Terrible product. I’ve had better shampoo in chain hotels. 

Last month, looking for warm weather, I sailed Holland America and even they had Elemis products. Those were in the large pump bottles but it was truly Elemis product.

In the early days of Azamara all cabins had Elemis products, since then they have changed several times and each time for poorer ones.

Just one more example of how Azamaras quality has gone downhill while prices have risen.

I never use the provided toiletries anyhow.   If there was an option to not stock my room with them at all I'd select it.     Wall mounted dispensors are annoying and budget-hotel tacky.   The showers are small enough without adding that sort of thing.

• Like 2

Sorry, I disagree. I find small bottles a pain - they fall over, fall out of the shower baskets and are difficult to open. We’ve just come back from a very nice hotel in La Gomera in the Canaries. They had a very nice quality shampoo in a dispenser on the wall. Very easy to use, didn’t drop it and have to try and find it on the shower floor with shampoo in my eyes. I’d much prefer a nice product in a dispenser- much more environmentally friendly too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, flyingron said:

I never use the provided toiletries anyhow.   If there was an option to not stock my room with them at all I'd select it.     Wall mounted dispensors are annoying and budget-hotel tacky.   The showers are small enough without adding that sort of thing.

I totally agree with you, I hate the dispensers.  The ones they make for hotels (that I have used so far) ensure sure you get the smallest amount of product per pump.  Even when those pump dispensers are filled with Elemis, it still felt a bit down-market to me on my latest HAL cruise, while pump-pump-pumping to get enough body gel.  Maybe I need to see what La Gomera is using to become a convert.

Apparently this discussion about the bottles of toiletries is quite divisive, I was pretty much attacked on the other forum by some guy for my love of the small bottles.  I am environmentally friendly in many other ways, but I still do like the small bottles IF they contain high-end products.  Yes, they should be made of a recyclable plastic, and definitely recycled, but I'm not sure that happens in the cruise industry.

I was hoping to find out what Azamara was using for products and dispensers first-hand, but sadly our cruise that leaves this week has been cancelled. Instead, I will get to find out what products they're using in the hotels in the Emirates -- I'm guessing they're great!  

• Like 1

Amusingly, I bought a dinner jacket (for those who don't know, it's a white jacket you wear with a normal "informal"...t hat is tuxedo) for white night.    I brought three pint bottles: shampoo, body wash, conditioner.  My wife says, the are green stains on your jacket.   I say, no problem, it's just leaking shampoo.