Should Royal Caribbean suspend all cruises for 60days

Should Royal Caribbean suspend all cruises for 60days   

867 members have voted

1. 1. Should Royal Caribbean suspend all cruises for 60days

• YES
    • NO
    • Not sure

3 minutes ago, smeck said:

Our Cruise is exactly 30 day from today 3/13 do we fall under the 30 day window?

The suspension starts tomorrow, so if you're 30 days from today that's 29 days from the start of the suspension, so most likely.

Hopefully Royal will have updated details with specific dates soon

42 minutes ago, smeck said:

Our Cruise is exactly 30 day from today 3/13 do we fall under the 30 day window?

Sailings on the TA site for April 12 and beyond are listed as available.  Cruises departing April 11 and earlier are closed. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

4 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

I think this is the newest one?

TRAVEL ADVISORY UPDATE

We are reviewing the administration’s directive on European travel restrictions to understand how we will adjust operations to comply with the new requirements.  Our primary concern is the safety and welfare of our guests, and are working to minimize the impact to our guests to the greatest extent possible.

The U.S. State Department published a new travel advisory. We’ve been staying on top of the situation and had already cancelled or modified most sailings in Asia through mid-March, with no sailings departing from mainland China or Hong Kong.

U.S. guests on cruises in Asia departing before March 23, 2020 who want to change their plans will be allowed to rebook without penalty at a later date.

We are unaware of any significant travel restrictions, delays or quarantines anywhere else in the world.  Accordingly, we look forward to welcoming our guests who are booked on itineraries outside Asia onto their cruises as scheduled.

We continue to monitor the situation constantly, and news of any travel restrictions or cancelled sailings are regularly being updated.

Can you provide the link to this advisory? Is it from RCI?

17 hours ago, ela05 said:

I have joined this thread just now, and yes, I believe that every single cruise line should suspend cruises. How long? I'm not a professional, so I don't know, what I know is that I wish for you all that governments worldwide start taking this virus more seriously than they are doing now. In Italy at the beginning of the epidemic a huge amount of people have been tested and numbers increased rapidly, other countries didn't , so maybe they could think they were above the problem. We have the most strict measures against the virus, in last 2 days measures have become even more severe: we cannot go out from home if not strictly necessary (buying food or go to work, the ones who still have to), everything is closed, as I said in other topics, churches, shops (with the exception of supermarkets, bakeries and similar), schools, no gatherings of people allowed (and I mean 2 people are considered a gathering), the police check people going around by car to see if they are allowed to...a limitation to personal freedom? Maybe, but it's necessary to stop the virus from spreading even more. We have to be responsible for our community's sake. So, if thousands people here can afford (or try to) to close their small businesses, shops, bars, restaurants, for 1 month, I think that big companies should do the same. I'm no economist, just using some common sense. Travelling is not a primary need, and this is the right time to stop, think, be responsible and then restart our normal life, as soon as possible.

Best wishes to you all.

I agree with your sentiments. 

where do you live with these measures in place?

its time for everyone to lay low!

Here in Australia we’ve had an interesting day... 

P&O and Carnival suspended sailing for 30 days

Royal embarked guests on Radiance in Sydney then cancelled and is now disembarking them ... many were turned away due to no drs certification saying they were fit to travel.

Ovation left Sydney on Thursday 12th March and has nowhere to go so is returning to Australia... New Zealand has closed all ports until 30 June. South Pacific is all but closed to cruise ships. 

No announcement from Royal yet!!!

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2020 at 11:28 AM, rolloman said:

From what I understand those test kits Korea was using were flawed and inaccurate.  Secondly, and related to the creation of the American kits, I stand by what I originally said.... When there is money to be made, the kits will be mass produced and stacked up in retail stores in no time.  That being said, I think you need to adjust your timeline. Roche came out today with an approved test kit which takes only 3 hours. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/new-coronavirus-test-10-times-faster-is-fda-approved/ar-BB118ePt?ocid=spartanntp

been 5 weeks... where are those tests? Hell, wheres that Roche test you brought up