Will Carnival follow suit?

Jamman54

Now that NCL & RCCL have cancelled cruises for the next 30 days, I think Carnival should do the same. I think it will look bad if they continue to operate.  Thoughts?

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Now that NCL & RCCL have suspended cruises for the next 30 days, I think Carnival should do the same. I think it will look bad if they continue to operate.  Thoughts?

Agreed.  Stop the "only if you're young and healthy" charade and just shut it down. 

• Like 2

Just now, UGACamper said:

Shut it down. Offer 100% refund plus FCC to get folks back on board when the all clear is sounded. 

NCL is offering 125% FCC or 100% refund. Haven't seen the RCCL offer yet. 

I guess I’m foolish and/or self absorbed because we board Sunshine in 21 days. If it comes back with a load of sick folks Monday from yesterday’s sailing I may change my tune...

• Like 1

I told my husband yesterday this was coming.  We have a cruise booked on RCCL leaving April 19th.  I told him there is a very good chance we won't sail.  So far our sail date isn't one of the ones cancelled but they could very well extend the cancellation past 30 days.  I think Carnival will follow suit shortly.

5 minutes ago, dsnutz said:

I guess I’m foolish and/or self absorbed because we board Sunshine in 21 days. If it comes back with a load of sick folks Monday from yesterday’s sailing I may change my tune...

Understandable. 

15 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Now that NCL & RCCL have cancelled cruises for the next 30 days, I think Carnival should do the same. I think it will look bad if they continue to operate.  Thoughts?

Been over at the pool, missed all this fun.  How about HAL?

They are already being sued(Carnival Corp, of course) by a couple that were on Grand Princess. If they continue to sail Carnival ships with people, and there is another outbreak, they may as well file Ch. 11 now. Jury and judge will see that all other companies halted business, including one of their own companies! so why not Carnival? They will be viewed as negligent and that they care for the bottom line more than the safety of their passengers and crew.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bahacca said:

They are already being sued(Carnival Corp, of course) by a couple that were on Grand Princess. If they continue to sail Carnival ships with people, and there is another outbreak, they may as well file Ch. 11 now. Jury and judge will see that all other companies halted business, including one of their own companies! so why not Carnival? They will be viewed as negligent and that they care for the bottom line more than the safety of their passengers and crew.

Check the cruise contact next time you sail, you might have another view....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Check the cruise contact next time you sail, you might have another view....

Oh, I realize those people who sued are most likely NOT going to be successful unless they are just paid off to shut up. But you know the sue-happy people in the US.  There would be some stupid attorney that would take it on.

7 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Figures, packed the car already....

Lol We are sitting by the pool at the Radisson In cape Canaveral... Supposed to board the breeze tomorrow... Just waiting for the shoe to drop so we can drive back to Tennessee tomorrow..

Just now, jerrya72 said:

I'm supposed to sail on the Horizon in two weeks.  If we start packing now they'll cancel if we wait until last minute they won't. To pack or not to pack.

Same! I hate the consequences if they don't cancel though.  I work in higher ed and we will have to self quarantine. That will burn all of my sick time.  

• Like 2

Just now, UGACamper said:

Same! I hate the consequences if they don't cancel though.  I work in higher ed and we will have to self quarantine. That will burn all of my sick time.  

I'm leaning towards canceling if Carnival doesn't. I'd hate to come home having it, not know and infect a bunch of people.  If you could easily get tested it would be a different story.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zpdw484 said:

Lol We are sitting by the pool at the Radisson In cape Canaveral... Supposed to board the breeze tomorrow... Just waiting for the shoe to drop so we can drive back to Tennessee tomorrow..

The Norwegian Sun let everybody board today but made them disembark later in the afternoon.  Read that it was because they were only at 40% capacity and would have lost money on the sailing, but that could be a rumor.  So, don’t unpack until you are actually moving if you get to board 🙄

• Like 1