Will Carnival follow suit?

Jamman54

39 minutes ago, nursldyjen said:

So what Carnival port of Charleston is denied all people with chronic medical conditions to board. It was a mess. My husband and I drove 800 miles from NY

No call. No email. No signage as we parked. 

Were you signed up to receive text alerts from Carnival? Texts have been mostly reliable.

So we have to find this out via a "Trump tweat"?????   Come on Carnival you can do better than that.... Royal, NCL, MSC all announced earlier.... And you leave us in limbo???????? We understand the reasoning but come on....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zpdw484 said:

So we have to find this out via a "Trump tweat"?????   Come on Carnival you can do better than that.... Royal, NCL, MSC all announced earlier.... And you leave us in limbo???????? We understand the reasoning but come on....

I am sure he jumped the gun.  There are tons of logistics to iron out.  It has nothing, read that as NOTHING to do  with their performance.  They were given a directive. 

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

I am sure he jumped the gun.  There are tons of logistics to iron out.  It has nothing, read that as NOTHING to do  with their performance.  They were given a directive. 

Well sorry but royal, msc, NCL all can tell their customers but carnival... Nothing.. come on. Atleast give us an Email, phone call, something, so we can move on with our lives

19 minutes ago, zpdw484 said:

The Carnival meeting literally happened at 530pm and Trump tweeted practically as soon as it was over... They will be contacting svelte, but at least everyone knows. 

We all know it's probably already posted on every media outlet on and offline. 

3 minutes ago, zpdw484 said:

Well sorry but royal, msc, NCL all can tell their customers but carnival... Nothing.. come on. Atleast give us an Email, phone call, something, so we can move on with our lives

They were the highest booked (After fallout) higher than others and thought they could manage the situation.  You can move on now😎  for the record, We were sailing tomorrow.  Late decision, they were planning on sailing.  

• Like 2

We were scheduled to sail out of Charleston on March 16, then we got an email from. Arrival saying that those 70 and over , that’s me, would have to bri g a doctor’s note saying they had none of a long list of conditions, including diabetes, which I have. I was so disappointed . I am just praying our TA on June 3 will be able to sail and they will let me on it !!

4 minutes ago, teacher34 said:

We were scheduled to sail out of Charleston on March 16, then we got an email from. Arrival saying that those 70 and over , that’s me, would have to bri g a doctor’s note saying they had none of a long list of conditions, including diabetes, which I have. I was so disappointed . I am just praying our TA on June 3 will be able to sail and they will let me on it !!

Those changes were not their doing.  

29 minutes ago, IDKaren said:

Just finally got a call back from cruise rep..he says they have not heard anything internally Bout them canceling cruising! GeeeZ

We were told the same yesterday when we were denied to board because my husband is a diabetic. No call, no email, no signage.  Went all the way to the  picture and sign in desk and then told we cannot board. When I called the top at Miami they had no knowledge of this situation. Insane.

I know all the changes are not Carnival’s fault. I think they do a great job of compensating  people and are very good to the customers. It was a disappointment, but out of anyone’s control. I hope by May the virus will have run its course and things will get back to normal. I do believe Carnival treats it customers better than other lines.

• Like 2

So, I'm not seeing anything official about the cancellations. Nothing on their website, facebook page, twitter page, or anything else.  My reservation still shows me sailing in 3 days as well.

Trump's tweet are not always accurate, so I'd like to see something more official.  Our flight is tonight...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, torsoboy said:

So, I'm not seeing anything official about the cancellations. Nothing on their website, facebook page, twitter page, or anything else.  My reservation still shows me sailing in 3 days as well.

Trump's tweet are not always accurate, so I'd like to see something more official.  Our flight is tonight...

I posted a tweet from the Cruise Line International Association to which Carnival is a member - 30 day voluntarily suspending US ports of call.  Click on the link up above within the tweet.

23 minutes ago, teacher34 said:

It was a disappointment, but out of anyone’s control.

I hope by May the virus will have run its course

and things will get back to normal.

Good Luck with MAY!

A day or two ago, I heard a science expert talk about September

but frankly if we get this all done and dusted by Christmas 2020

we'll be doing okaaay!

Looking back at a history of pandemics

starting with The Plague of Athens from 430 to 426 BC
'twould seem that pandemics generally last 2-3 years. Sometimes four!

Of course that was back then (even Spanish Flu 1918-'20 is Back Then)

but hopefully with 21st. Century science, med.technology and comms

we might shorten that to 1 year - 18 months??

Click here and you'll see what

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemic#Notable_outbreaks

14 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Sorry about that Jimbo. Have you gotten the letter with the compensation info yet?

No, just got the official call, letter to follow.   Been a hard month, worked with many clients to do our very best to guide them down this journey.  This was a chance to relax, show our support, and have a FUN  cruise.  Like many, very disappointed, but. Chin up and start planning the next one. 😣