Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

On 5/23/2020 at 5:59 PM, banzaii said:

Just read a post on the Royal Caribbean forum that mentioned Spectrum was on it's way to China.

My guess China will be one of the FIRST places to start cruising again, they feel no remorse and totally blameless 🙄

Cruise ships have started leaving Manila Bay and heading to Singapore

So far Ovation of the Seas, Carnival Splendor, Voyager of The Seas, and Celebrity Solstice have left Manila Bay.

vos26052020.jpg

celebritysolstice28052020.jpg

It will be interesting to see if I can find them on AIS again, if I cant I guess that mean they have gone in to layup.

Also Massdam and Westerdam have left Manila Bay.

massdam27052020.jpg

westerdam28052020.jpg

Massdam is heading for Labuan, Malaysia, and Westerdam is heading for Jakarta, Indonesia ?

I also read a report on facebook that Explorer Dream is heading for Nansha, Guangzhou, China:

explorerdream29052020.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

I also read a report on facebook that Explorer Dream is heading for Nansha, Guangzhou, China:

The rumors, about cruising starting soon in China, grow.

From Cruise Weekly:

"THE Chinese cruise market seems to be rebounding, with Chinese cruise line Astro Ocean Cruises beginning to staff up again, signalling it may be planning to restart operations soon. The line has begun an aggressive recruitment drive in China for both marine and hotel jobs aboard Piano Land, which is the former Oriana, formerly sailing for P&O Cruises UK.

Royal Caribbean Cruises recently extended its cancellation for all markets except China, where it plans to restart from today
(CW 21 May)."

Thank David for the video. I thought that it may have been a novelty for the people of Southampton to see a cruise ship dock now but than I saw a Carnival (?) ship in the background.

I loved the video but it brought tears to my eyes as thinking about what has happened to the industry.

It's a wonder when the crew got off that they didn't kiss the ground. So good to see them home at last.

PRINCESS CRUISES FLEET UPDATE | Where are they now?

Alfie Smith has just posted an update on the Princess fleet (YOU know where to find him), where they all are and changes that are going to happen as more flights etc from Europe open up.

He has some great footage of the last crew members getting off the Majestic tender.

I was surprised to hear how many non-essential crew are still onboard. This is really taking a long time without all the flights to get them back home.

Just heard from crew onboard Crown Princess.  Expecting to arrive in Manila Bay tomorrow morning.  Then they must do their 14 days quarantine.  He said last night they had lobster and steak.  It was a long 30 days transit, but they got free wifi, that make it much better.  Onboard is shy of 2000 Filipino crew members.  He's happy to be home.    

• Like 2