Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

5 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

From what I have read the vast majority of the cases, especially among those hospitalised, are among the non-vaccinated or people who have had only one jab. So I take that as a positive sign for vaccinations.

Yes, he said he wanted another month to do more vaccinations before reducing the restrictions prior to 'Freedom Day,' which was supposed to be this week sometime, but now postponed.

Edited by NSWP

Looks like there is another Ruby Princess developing.

Royal Caribbean’s newest ship Odyssey has the virus going through its crew.

They where supposed to be starting in Israel but because of the conflict they changed to Miami.

During the reposition they picked up the Indian virus and the brand new ship that hasn’t had a paying passenger is in lockdown.

19 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

They where supposed to be starting in Israel but because of the conflict they changed to Miami.

During the reposition they picked up the Indian virus and the brand new ship that hasn’t had a paying passenger is in lockdown.

In a statement sent to TPG, Royal Caribbean said eight crew members on Odyssey of the Seas had tested positive for COVID-19, all on June 10. That was six days after the ship arrived in the U.S. from Europe in advance of its first sailing, which was scheduled for July 3.

At the time the ship arrived in the U.S., none of its 1,400 crew members had been vaccinated for COVID-19. But they were vaccinated soon after the ship’s arrival.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/royal-caribbean-cruise-ship-odyssey-covid/

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

How many have left the ship to infect the community at large? 

Seems it is more like a Diamond than a Ruby.

46 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

How many have left the ship to infect the community at large? 

Seems it is more like a Diamond than a Ruby.

They dropped some off in Spain? Not sure?  3 or4 crew.
They where infected and obviously they passed it on.

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

In a statement sent to TPG, Royal Caribbean said eight crew members on Odyssey of the Seas had tested positive for COVID-19, all on June 10. That was six days after the ship arrived in the U.S. from Europe in advance of its first sailing, which was scheduled for July 3.

At the time the ship arrived in the U.S., none of its 1,400 crew members had been vaccinated for COVID-19. But they were vaccinated soon after the ship’s arrival.

What a time in history to be a cruise junkie.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s only a matter of time for a big debacle to happen in the states.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I thought he has already been voted out.

Whilst 'he' was voted out, that has proven to not be the full solution. The company I manage locally is US owned. Today a colleague in Texas said that everything is back to normal again & some shops will not allow people wearing masks to enter. I read that, even with vaccinations etc, more Americans have died from COVID-19 YTD 2021 than died in the whole of 2020.

I can't imagine I will ever travel to USA again. 

4 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Whilst 'he' was voted out, that has proven to not be the full solution. The company I manage locally is US owned. Today a colleague in Texas said that everything is back to normal again & some shops will not allow people wearing masks to enter. I read that, even with vaccinations etc, more Americans have died from COVID-19 YTD 2021 than died in the whole of 2020.

I can't imagine I will ever travel to USA again. 

Not according to the stats I've seen. 

Just over 360,200 deaths to the end of December and just under 255,500 so far this year. The curve started flattening in March and some of those deaths up to then would have been people who contracted the virus in 2020.

Still the US is a place I'd prefer to avoid in future, apart from Hawaii.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Not according to the stats I've seen. 

Just over 360,200 deaths to the end of December and just under 255,500 so far this year. The curve started flattening in March and some of those deaths up to then would have been people who contracted the virus in 2020.

Still the US is a place I'd prefer to avoid in future, apart from Hawaii.

Yes Julie, I just re-read it - the headline was deceiving (to me anyway 🙂 ), and the stories were mixed - it was in the world not USA, & the USA angle was that 600K have now died in total, but the rate is slowing. 

4 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Yes Julie, I just re-read it - the headline was deceiving (to me anyway 🙂 ), and the stories were mixed - it was in the world not USA, & the USA angle was that 600K have now died in total, but the rate is slowing. 

mr Walker 

Ever been to cockatoo Island?

4 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Has  common sense flown out the window ?

Why aren’t the crew vaccinated before they board and if that’s not possible as soon as they board. The mind boggles.

Cheers Carole

24 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Has  common sense flown out the window ?

Why aren’t the crew vaccinated before they board and if that’s not possible as soon as they board. The mind boggles.

Cheers Carole

They where vaccinated,fully to my knowledge.

How’s the dog?Whats her name?

Edited by Chiliburn

4 hours ago, Docker123 said:

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

They where vaccinated,fully to my knowledge.

See the bolded text above.

The crew may not have had access to vaccines before boarding the ship and RC may not have been able to get vaccines for the crew until they arrived in the US. Unfortunately someone came onboard with the virus. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

46 minutes ago, mr walker said:

India and Brazil pushed up the death toll for this year.

Brazil is real concern. They are still getting 80,000 odd cases a day and the number of deaths per day is increasing. Very sad.

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

See the bolded text above.

The crew may not have had access to vaccines before boarding the ship and RC may not have been able to get vaccines for the crew until they arrived in the US. Unfortunately someone came onboard with the virus. 

I don’t know Julie?
The ship was originally deployed to Israel.

I believe the Israel government supplied vaccines for it’s deployment but I really haven’t been following the ship completely.

5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know Julie?
The ship was originally deployed to Israel.

I believe the Israel government supplied vaccines for it’s deployment but I really haven’t been following the ship completely.

But was it the same crew as in Israel? Anyway it's probably irrelevant. What matters is how RC deals with the current situation.