for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

8 minutes ago, awhfy said:

I’d put it under the seat in front of me & use it as a footrest

Good morning, Business Class seats are not the same as coach..........there is a good space in front of me....there is actually a shelf. I throw my purse on the top of the shelf.....I don't want anything on the bottom. The business class I have flown in? It is like your own Kiosk🙂 but you can't put something under the seat in front of you. The space is your own.  I will be fine.....have always used the overhead bin and will be on this trip too.🙂Oh, I wouldn't need to use it as a footrest anyway, have the shelf when I want to stretch out. And I sleep alot.......the seat goes all the way down to a bed🙂

• Like 1

Hi Lois, don’t you just love those little pods in business class? So nice to be able to sleep comfortably and have some space around you. 

I also like the idea that when not flying “business”, a bag like your new one can fit under the seat so no worries if bins are full. Might not work for tall people who need leg room or if you end up in a seat with one of those little boxes that are sometimes under  the seat in front of you.

Sharon

Hi Sharon, oh, I am spoiled now for Business Class on long haul trips!!! Yes, it is so nice having your own space! Domestic flights I am ok with coach or sometimes I just pay extra for a seat in economy plus. But when going on that 7 hour+ flight overseas? It is sooooo much nicer........actually for you, from CA it would be closer to 10 or 11 hours!

• Like 3

One of my friends took 18 hours to do a flight from newark to los angeles yesterday!  flight delays, crew timeouts...  at least she wasn't cancelled.  

I'm also spoiled by Business Class.  Started doing them years ago with frequent flyer points on my flights to Europe.  Coach flights are now brutal for me 😸   Done Delta, Air France, Czech Airways, Swissair, Alitalia.  Best service was in Alitalia.  most interesting was Czech;  there was a catering strike in montreal. the Czech base team went to local supermarkets and picked up a variety of things for the Business Class and then a lot of bottled water and soda for all.  Starter was Knoor chicken noodle soup - made with hot water from the coffee machine.  Then, tins of bean salad, tuna salad and rolls.  At least they tried!   

Cool, cloudy and rainy today.  sweats and a sweatshirt for now, chaninging to a Tshirt when the house warms up a bit.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Best service was in Alitalia.

I love all things Italian, but Alitalia, at least in its last few years, was pretty bad. Total zoo, terrible food. I used them twice to Italy as a low-cost option but after that I decided it just wasn't worth it. 

I mainly fly Delta (ATL hub) and because of trips like the one coming up, I usually have points and get treated pretty well. Air France is a Delta partner and offers a lot of flights out of ATL too. I love their food but hate their "premium economy" product -- their seats and my spine have completely different alignments!

• Like 2

I was reading about all the issues in European airports.........I am actually more concerned about getting home than getting there.  I will talk to my gf tomorrow.  The flight home is Barcelona to Amsterdam and then AMS on to JFK and then home. From what I have been reading and seeing AMS is having HORRIBLE problems😮........SS booked me on both ends........and I only have a 1 hour layover for my connection.  I really wonder if I will make it. I am in Business Class on all legs so I wonder if that will help.........it is KLM and Delta.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

I love all things Italian, but Alitalia, at least in its last few years, was pretty bad. Total zoo, terrible food. I used them twice to Italy as a low-cost option but after that I decided it just wasn't worth it. 

I mainly fly Delta (ATL hub) and because of trips like the one coming up, I usually have points and get treated pretty well. Air France is a Delta partner and offers a lot of flights out of ATL too. I love their food but hate their "premium economy" product -- their seats and my spine have completely different alignments!

I will agree that Alitalia economy is bad.  The business product i had was excellent.  The meal was served in courses, with the FAs wheeling the courses down the aisle.  you could select what you wanted and how much you wanted.  FAs walked the aisles all the time with bottles of wine and water.  

AF was what i flew on when i shattered my leg.  One of the male FAs would come by and check on me frequently and helped me to the lav when i needed.  food was not memorable. I also flew it from Houston to CDG - at the time it was a great fight to snag a frequent flyer seat.  I went business, the now-ex flew economy, thanks to his company.  i kept walking back some of my food goodies to him - he was not happy with the economy food quantity and quality.  

Saw on the news that something like several thousand flights in the US were cancelled yesterday.  I remember flying SLC-PHX and the planes had to be changed for the summer due to the heat wreaking havoc on how much runway and "oomph" planes had to have to land/takeoff there.   with the heatwave in Europe, I wonder if this has any bearing with the problems there.

• Like 1

I'm getting dressed and putting in a few last minute things in my suitcase. I head out for the airport in about 90 minutes. Hoping for a smooth trip.  I probably won't be checking in much for the next couple of weeks but if I get a chance I'll try to share any Lyon tips for @slidergirl

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I'm getting dressed and putting in a few last minute things in my suitcase. I head out for the airport in about 90 minutes. Hoping for a smooth trip.  I probably won't be checking in much for the next couple of weeks but if I get a chance I'll try to share any Lyon tips for @slidergirl

Hi Cynthia, wishing you safe and UNEVENTFUL flights!😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Have a wonderful trip!

Sherri🙂

Hi girls, had a mammogram this morning and the Dr said everything looks great😀I can't believe Nov will be 3 years since my surgery. 

• Like 5

I know I said I was not going to buy any more luggage but I just couldn't help it😀. I was at Nordstrom Rack and they have pretty good selection!........I found one I really liked so decided to just go for it😀

It is my first hard sided and the brand is called Penguin "Wesley Collection".......it has some give to it and looks like waves.  Here is a photo.........mine is 25 inches and is a good looking navy color.

Original Penguin Wesley Collection 21" Hardside Spinner Suitcase |  Nordstromrack

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, had a mammogram this morning and the Dr said everything looks great😀I can't believe Nov will be 3 years since my surgery. 

Great news, Lois!  And safe travels, enjoy your cruise!

Sherri🙂

Costco had a Delsey rolling duffel in their last magazine...checked it out but it was a carry-on size.  Googled it & found a larger one on the Delsey site for less than everywhere else...weighs only 6.6# --  I think I'm going to like it.

• Like 1

Good morning, you all may think I have lost my mind but after doing a pre pack trial with the luggage, I just want to use what I already have and I am returning the new one. I love my soft side. It has gone on many cruises with me. It is a deep purple by"Lucas" and has served me well. It even feels easier to lift and that is important to me too😀

• Like 1