for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

10 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon, flying KLM/Delta.

At CDG, the ground crew loaded me onto the 777 using the catering truck!!!  The plane was at a hard stand, so no jetway, just stairs.  Fun.  

The prednisone is giving me a morning headache.  Was prepared for the lack of sleep - had that before.  But the headache is just annoying.  Ugh.  

my now-ex never noticed when i did something different to my hair, either.  But, he sure would notice if i had on a new piece of clothing!!!

• Like 1

Hi girls, just checking in...

I think the stress of the leg has affected my whole being. I barely have an appetite. Last night for dinner was just a bowl of beef connsumme and then overnight I had an upset stomach. Hope I start feeling better soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

I think the stress of the leg has affected my whole being. I barely have an appetite. Last night for dinner was just a bowl of beef connsumme and then overnight I had an upset stomach. Hope I start feeling better soon.

Lois, are you taking any pain meds?  They can cause stomach issues, especially NSAIDs like Ibuprofen.

I hope you feel better today!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Lois, are you taking any pain meds?  They can cause stomach issues, especially NSAIDs like Ibuprofen.

I hope you feel better today!

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, nope not taking anything and I am no longer allowed to take any Ibuprofren products. Been off those since 2020. Sleeping at the pool. Feel a bit better.

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

I’m sorry you’re not enjoying your long-awaited cruise. Hope you start feeling better soon

Edited by awhfy

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Lois, I’m soooo sorry about all of this. Sending good thoughts your way hoping you will feel better ASAP.

Sharon

31 minutes ago, WELDON said:

Lois,

Have you thought about asking the ship's MD about this?  Even though you may feel loss of appetite is due to stress, there may be an underlying cause from your injury.

Hi, no haven't talked to Doc. Will see how I feel tomorrow. Thanks for thinking of me.

I'm heading back home tomorrow. Amsterdam looks like a zoo and I already received an email telling me to expect disruptions at the airport due to protests in the city. Luckily I am flying in from Lyon so ground transport isn't a concern for me, but I'm guessing that it's a concern for airport and airline personnel getting to the airport.  We'll see what happens; if I have to spend an extra day before they can put me on a plane home, so be it. 

I haven't had any super special dining experience in Lyon this time. I did eat again at Le Grand Refectoire and it was excellent. If I had to do it again, I might have stayed at the Hotel Intercontinental, it was a very happening place together with all the cute pedestrian streets just behind.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I'm heading back home tomorrow. Amsterdam looks like a zoo and I already received an email telling me to expect disruptions at the airport due to protests in the city. Luckily I am flying in from Lyon so ground transport isn't a concern for me, but I'm guessing that it's a concern for airport and airline personnel getting to the airport.  We'll see what happens; if I have to spend an extra day before they can put me on a plane home, so be it. 

I haven't had any super special dining experience in Lyon this time. I did eat again at Le Grand Refectoire and it was excellent. If I had to do it again, I might have stayed at the Hotel Intercontinental, it was a very happening place together with all the cute pedestrian streets just behind.

I am staying at the Globe & Cecil - right behind the Intercontinental.  Where did you stay?

Sorry 'bout the chaos at AMS.  it seems everywhere is having issues.  

• Like 2

Hi girls, Cynthia, hope you made it home OK. I have to fly  from Barcelona to AMS

And hope I don't have issues. I am getting wheelchair assistance so that should help.

• Like 3

Cynthia, I too hope you made it home without any issues.  Also hope you were able to enjoy some sightseeing during your free time.

Lois, yes, the wheel chair assistance should help with the crowds/lines. For one thing, your “pusher” ( can’t think of a better title) will know how to navigate the lines/crowds and get you to your gate as quickly as possible. Purchasing that smaller carry on was genius on your part. It will be so much easier to deal with than a larger carry on. 

I hope you are feeling better and enjoying more food options now. Try not to stress about your flights home-you will have the assistance you need. 
Sharon

• Like 2

P.S. Lois. While talking with my son earlier I asked him about the wheel chairs that can fit down a plane aisle. Now I can only tell you what he said about the airline he flies for and that is Delta. They are called aisle chairs and you will need to request one if you are unable to walk such as from the plane door to your seat. Perhaps this has been ordered already when wheel service service was ordered. I just wanted to give you a heads up since there are flights on two airlines. I don’t know how KLM handles this. 
Sharon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

P.S. Lois. While talking with my son earlier I asked him about the wheel chairs that can fit down a plane aisle. Now I can only tell you what he said about the airline he flies for and that is Delta. They are called aisle chairs and you will need to request one if you are unable to walk such as from the plane door to your seat. Perhaps this has been ordered already when wheel service service was ordered. I just wanted to give you a heads up since there are flights on two airlines. I don’t know how KLM handles this. 
Sharon

Hi Sharon, thanks so much for the tip.

11 hours ago, awhfy said:

Lois, are you able to bear any weight on your leg?  Will the cruise line let you take the crutches/cane?  Hope you have a safe trip home

Hi Melody, I have to walk on the ball of my foot. As for the crutch, my new smaller carry on has a long handle, that can sort of act as a crutch. 

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, I have to walk on the ball of my foot. As for the crutch, my new smaller carry on has a long handle, that can sort of act as a crutch. 

Maybe you can find a cane or walking stick in the airport. Safe trip

• Like 1

lois - i'm glad to hear you can at least put some weight on the foot.  Gosh - I wish i could help with finding a cane.  I did a quick search of the stores at BCN and AMS - there are a few pharmacies at each one.  Don't know if that will help.    Do you have any time between debarkation and getting to BCN?  Are you going solo to BCN - maybe you can have your driver find a place that sells at least crutches.  Or, try to contact your TA to see if she can arrange to have a cane or crutches available for you.  i wish i had done that!  in the US, i always got crutches at the hospital/doctor's office.  in Italy, it apparently part of the deal.  i didn't know that until I was leaving the hospital!  And, I was leaving during "siesta time" so nothing was open that the driver could find.  i was not allowed to put ANY weight on that leg, so i was left to the kindness of the airport staff and their services.   overnighted at CDG - my now-ex had his boss (worked for a French company) contact services at CDG and at the Sheraton to be sure I had wheelchairs everywhere.

The accessibility teams at all the airports were great - don't hesitate to use them!! 

• Like 2

YIKES!!  I get picked up at 11am tomorrow to start my journey!!!  Good thing that I get the 'local concierge" discount with our local black car service!!  Didn't want to leave my car at the airport for a month.

Have an appt with my hair stylist to do a quick 'skunk line' color.  i had told her I would be fine skipping a month, but she insisted that I get all gussied up for my trip.  

Have to make a quick trip to the store after the hair to pick up some sundries.  

Have to iron a few things before stuffing them in the suitcase.

Have to pack up the suitcase - I know what i'm taking, but just leaving it until last (my usual protocol).

Fortunately, garbage pickup is today so i won't have a stinky garage when I get home.

A little upset with myself from yesterday.  i still get "crashes" where i have zero energy and just have to lay down.  Happened yesterday, along with being freakin' hot in the house.  i didn't get a lot done other than laying on the sofa or bed.  I slept off and on from 3;30 until 8;30, made some dinner, then went go bed at 9pm and slept until 7am morning.  Sucks to be me.  one of the reasons i'm not totally programmed out for the trip - if i need to just stop and do nothing, i can do it.  

i'll send one more 'i'm off text tomorrow.  Then, I'll do texts with photos on the trip.  I may take my "travel companion' Moose with me.  He had a good time in puerto Rico and the roadtrip last year.  he's a photo hound so he's fun to put in the scenery.  Yes, I'm one of those people.  

• Like 2

On 7/3/2022 at 12:53 PM, slidergirl said:

I am staying at the Globe & Cecil - right behind the Intercontinental.  Where did you stay?

Sorry 'bout the chaos at AMS.  it seems everywhere is having issues.  

It was a long day yesterday. I was up for 25 hours straight!  (Well, I did nap a little on the longer flight....)

My Lyon flight was slightly delayed to AMS, but once there I had no problems and my second flight left on time. I had use of KLM's lounge as I was flying business class, also very nice. 

My luggage apparently didn't have enough time during the 4 hour layover in Amsterdam to sightsee, so it didn't make the plane home. 😲 I had to wait in line for an hour to register it as missing. Already had an email from KLM that it is being flown to Atlanta today, but according to Delta (which is partner airline), there are so many lost bags right now that it will take them 3 days to get it to me unless I want to go back to the airport and pick it up myself.  🤬

Kat, I stayed at a Novotel near the Musee des Confluences that I'd used before because it was near work and recommended. I wouldn't choose it again. I feel like the Confluences area is less bustling than previously in post-COVID world and at the weekend the hotel was packed with kids as they are one of few in the city with a pool.  You picked wisely and I'm sure you'll enjoy Globe and Cecil.

• Like 3

Kat, safe, uneventful travels, bon voyage and many many exciting adventures. I’ll look forward to your posts & pictures along the way. Wishing you good health during the journey. 

Cynthia, good to know that you made it home with minimal issues. As for your luggage, it seems that this is a common occurrence at AMS - not enough baggage handlers apparently?  Hoping it finds its way to you without further delays. 

Met friends for coffee this morning. Weather was very pleasant and we ended up spending over 2 hours on this ‘ bistro’s” patio. I then walked a few doors down to Home Goods. Hadn’t been there since last year. Their stock was a bit “off” with not as many different items as before. Instead a LOT of the same thing. I have never seen so many baskets-wicker and fabric-in one store. They were stacked/piled up everywhere and many with clearance stickers. Tons of pillows and cushions too. 

OOTD casual-ankle pants and coordinating top. Make up too!

• Like 2

Hi girls, thanks for all the replies and tips. We have 2 more days. We disembark Friday and this is the first time in about 3 or 4 days that I feel a bit more normal. Am able to eat some yogurt and fruit and it tastes good. I have not had an appetite these last few days. 

Anyway, I still can't put full weight on the leg but today it does feel a bit better. Of course it is the end of the trip.