for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Melody, I wish the mall where our Apple store is located had better choices like yours does. Other than the Apple store, none of the other stores interest me. We used to have good choices there but those and newcomers have chosen to locate in newer centers. Wish Apple would do the same. 

• Like 1

i did forget to mention one cool tool that the Apple instructor showed us.  It's called a pocket tripod.  he keeps it in his wallet.  It folds up to make a little stand for your phone to use for a multitude of things.  It will rotate the phone to the angle you want.  It sure seems like a neat thing to have in the travel bag.  

Lois - yay for you to have the new laptop all set up and ready to go!  It is nice to have help with that.  I had a nice guy at the Apple store help me with the setup and data transfer with me iPhone back when I bought it.  

ootd:  just sitting here in joggers and a long sleeve Tshirt - it only got down to 60 in the house last night.  I have housework planned today so I'll probably switch to a short sleeve when I get going.  

• Like 2

Hi Melody, he is going very slowly that is for sure.  From what I have seen, about 8 mph.  Been watching most of the day. There were videos of Ft Meyers with cars floating away and the water was 1/2 way up the houses and that was in the middle of the afternoon. It always seems to be worse at night and would hate to be down there tomorrow.

Hopefully we will just get rain and some wind but it will not be anything like what is happening on the SW coast now.

• Like 1

WOW, just saw one of the fire stations in Naples and the fire trucks and ambulance are 1/2 way under water...........the back side of the storm may be worse than the front side.

• Like 1

Apparently they just released a new projected storm track and it looks like Atlanta is not likely to be significantly impacted as the storm is trending further east.  And most of the storm should be out of the way by the time I depart Saturday evening.

OMG though, the footage from the west coast of Florida where the storm made landfall is scary. Huge fireballs where lines are going down, flooding, yikes. There is going to be a huge amount of damage from this storm...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Apparently they just released a new projected storm track and it looks like Atlanta is not likely to be significantly impacted as the storm is trending further east.  And most of the storm should be out of the way by the time I depart Saturday evening.

OMG though, the footage from the west coast of Florida where the storm made landfall is scary. Huge fireballs where lines are going down, flooding, yikes. There is going to be a huge amount of damage from this storm...

Good to hear that your flight should depart as planned. Yes, this is a storm will set records and not in a good way. My BIL owns a condo in Naples, on the water. He lives in CT and isn’t in FL now. I can’t imagine the devastation those in FL are experiencing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, he is going very slowly that is for sure.  From what I have seen, about 8 mph.  Been watching most of the day. There were videos of Ft Meyers with cars floating away and the water was 1/2 way up the houses and that was in the middle of the afternoon. It always seems to be worse at night and would hate to be down there tomorrow.

Hopefully we will just get rain and some wind but it will not be anything like what is happening on the SW coast now.

Our niece is in Ft Myers & her condo has almost 3’ of water in it (Sail Harbor right by Sanibel)

Good morning,  Naples got hit VERY, VERY HARD...........and yes, there will be MAJOR damage. Sharon,

your BIL has to be concerned about his condo, that is for sure. At least he is ok though.

Ian is still in the middle of the state and Orlando is now in the crosshairs. Even though he is now a "tropical storm" the rains are flooding many of the streets.  And once he crosses to to the Atlantic, well, it looks like he may strengthen again going towards South Carolina and North Carolina which will be getting hit over the weekend.

Cynthia, glad your flight will be able to take off!

Melody, so sorry about your niece's condo.  Hope she is safe. 

• Like 1

Melody, I hope your niece is ok. Looks like that area was hit hard. I see that a section of the bridge to/from Sanibel collapsed trapping all those who stayed on the island.

My BIL knows it will be awhile until he has a good idea of his actual damage. He said that a few of the owners stayed so no telling how they are doing.  Heard that most of the streets are flooded. 

Lois, how are you doing? I know you stocked up on essentials. Is your condo on higher ground? Stay safe!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

Melody, I hope your niece is ok. Looks like that area was hit hard. I see that a section of the bridge to/from Sanibel collapsed trapping all those who stayed on the island.

My BIL knows it will be awhile until he has a good idea of his actual damage. He said that a few of the owners stayed so no telling how they are doing.  Heard that most of the streets are flooded. 

Lois, how are you doing? I know you stocked up on essentials. Is your condo on higher ground? Stay safe!

Hi Sharon, 😀I am doing good, thanks......no issues where I live. We are getting rain and some winds but nothing bad. I have electric, water, etc....etc........I am not in any kind of flood zone or evacuation zone either. 

• Like 1

I forgot to mention:  stanley Tucci is back again on CNN Sunday Oct 9.  Rumors i've seen have Stanley visiting Puglia, Sardinia, Liguria, and Calabria.  

Get those Italian snacks and drinks ready!!!

Sherri - I sure hope you and your place survived intact.  Some places a little up A1A in Cocoa Beach (where my friend lives 1/2 time) had some wind damage - one place up on Minuteman lost part of their roof.  I'm just so sorry for those people on the West coast - so much damage.  now, i've heard that he may re-intensify and head toward South Carolina.  i have part of family living down there now, between Beaufort and Charleston.  Country folk could get their first taste of hurricane...

I have to go to Home Depot and pick up a furnace filter and an intake filter - it's that time of year to replace and be prepared to fire up the furnace.  It's only supposed to get up to 62 today, so OOTD will be jeans, long sleeve T, hi tops and a baseball hat.  

• Like 1

This has been an amazingly smooth cruise, hard to believe Fiona followed us up here and Ian had caused so much devastation in FL, the pictures I have seen online are just sad.  It will take years for Sanibel Island  and Naples to recover.  I hope Charleston does not get hit as hard as forecasters are predicting.  Maybe Ian will change course again and go out to sea.  

Have not heard of any major damage in our area.  Our condo has a generator that will provide limited electricity to each unit, so freezer should be ok.  Hopefully, the new straps we put on the air conditioner a few months ago worked and the unit did not get blown off the roof!😂

Hope everyone is well and safe!  

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

On 9/28/2022 at 11:47 AM, Brownie54 said:

We just went to the Apple store in Baltimore (per your recommendation!) and took the photo class! It was fantastic, and free! Thanks for telling all of us about it!

Happy that you went and took the class!!  Did any of the other iphone photography classes interest you?  i'm doing the Architecture one in a week, then i want to do the editing inside of Camera class also.   It really is cool that the classes are free.  i took one years ago when i bought my first MacBook and it was for Microsoft users to learn Apple features and methods. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slidergirl said:

stanley Tucci is back again on CNN Sunday Oct 9.  Rumors i've seen have Stanley visiting Puglia, Sardinia, Liguria, and Calabria.  

Get those Italian snacks and drinks ready!!!

Wouldn't you know the series would start when I'm gone?  Oh well, I suppose I can catch up when I get back. 

Also I'll be missing a new Italian film festival in town.  They're screening all of the recent Italian nominees for their  equivalent of the Oscars (David di Donatello) and also from the Cannes Film Festival.  😪

• Like 3

11 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Wouldn't you know the series would start when I'm gone?  Oh well, I suppose I can catch up when I get back. 

Also I'll be missing a new Italian film festival in town.  They're screening all of the recent Italian nominees for their  equivalent of the Oscars (David di Donatello) and also from the Cannes Film Festival.  😪

Have a delightful trip!!  Safe travels 

Safe and fun travels Cynthia!

Sherri - the Cocoa Beach FB group posted some video and photos from Ian.  The Banana River flooded at places up over the walls and into yards.  At the 520 bridge, it had a loose boat crash into it because there was amost no space between the water and the bottom of the bridge.   Nothing major in Brevard, but power and still out in various places.  

Now I'm waiting to see how the grand-niece, her new hubby, the dogs, and other relatives living by the coast in South Carolina fare...

OOTD:  I'm going to work on the kitchen today, tossing out old stuff, big cleaning and scrubbing the floor.  So, old joggers and old Tshirt will be the day's attire.

• Like 3

Little update: my friend's caretaker of the house and cottage down in Cocoa Beach just told me "things are a mess, but it'll be OK."  She has a lot of tropical landscaping around the property and they most likely lost fronds, etc.   Still haven't heard from the S. Carolina crowd other than my grand-niece posting "so far, so good."

A friend of mine up here told me about the annual Planned Parenthood fundraiser in November.  it's a 'gala drag' theme, with drag performers, comedians and bands.  Suggested attire is "Drag optional, glitter requested, pink preferred."  good thing the ticket is too expensive - i have NOTHING to wear!!!   I guess I could go drag as a guy - i saw a gorgeous rainbow-sequined jacket on one of my websites - pair the jacket with black pants, pink Tshirt and my black fedora 😸 But the jacket and T would cost more than the $150 ticket!!!

just got an email from the boss, asking me if i want to come back.  i said "absolutely."  so, I start 12/2 with my usual 11-7 shift and Wed/Thu off.   so I have 2 more months of play time.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Safe and fun travels Cynthia!

Sherri - the Cocoa Beach FB group posted some video and photos from Ian.  The Banana River flooded at places up over the walls and into yards.  At the 520 bridge, it had a loose boat crash into it because there was amost no space between the water and the bottom of the bridge.   Nothing major in Brevard, but power and still out in various places.  

Now I'm waiting to see how the grand-niece, her new hubby, the dogs, and other relatives living by the coast in South Carolina fare...

OOTD:  I'm going to work on the kitchen today, tossing out old stuff, big cleaning and scrubbing the floor.  So, old joggers and old Tshirt will be the day's attire.

That does not surprise me to hear the river flooded,  it floods easily. I think our area of. Brevard, Satellite Beach, just had some fairly mild wind damage and some power outages.  Nothing like the west coast experienced.  

I hope your family in South Carolina get through this without any major damage.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Little update: my friend's caretaker of the house and cottage down in Cocoa Beach just told me "things are a mess, but it'll be OK."  She has a lot of tropical landscaping around the property and they most likely lost fronds, etc.   Still haven't heard from the S. Carolina crowd other than my grand-niece posting "so far, so good."

A friend of mine up here told me about the annual Planned Parenthood fundraiser in November.  it's a 'gala drag' theme, with drag performers, comedians and bands.  Suggested attire is "Drag optional, glitter requested, pink preferred."  good thing the ticket is too expensive - i have NOTHING to wear!!!   I guess I could go drag as a guy - i saw a gorgeous rainbow-sequined jacket on one of my websites - pair the jacket with black pants, pink Tshirt and my black fedora 😸 But the jacket and T would cost more than the $150 ticket!!!

just got an email from the boss, asking me if i want to come back.  i said "absolutely."  so, I start 12/2 with my usual 11-7 shift and Wed/Thu off.   so I have 2 more months of play time.  

The fundraiser sounds like a lot of fun!  We went to an annual fundraiser for the Damien Center in Indianapolis, The Grand Masquerade, which sounds very similar to your upcoming one.  Lots of glitter and drag queens!😂 I miss it!

Sherri🙂

• Like 3

Hi girls, got a letter in the mail from my GP's office and his office is closing on 10/14 and he is moving about 1/2 hour south.  The letter had some other offices under the same group who are much closer to me but he has been my Dr for probably 6 or 7 years.........they are all part of "Ascension Health". I need to decide if I want to make that extra travel or pick a new Doc closer to home. Part of me does not want to start all over with a new Doc, etc...etc....but part of me doesn't want to make that trek to the new office either............siggggghhh.

Cynthia, wishing you an amazing adventure-without any issues.

Kat, hoping your family in SC escapes the worst of Ian.My Goddaughter lives in Wilmington, NC and I hope she isn’t too impacted by this storm but tornadoes could be a problem.  That fundraiser sounds like a fun event but certainly on the pricy side.

Melody, how is your niece doing?

Sherri, so glad your condo is ok. Now to get that kitchen renovation completed!

Lois, ugh, you have a tough decision to make. It’s  never easy to start over with someone new.  Is it possible for you to try a new doctor and if it doesn’t work out as you’d like then go back to your current doctor? Of course there is always the drive to consider. Good luck with your decision.

Our temps are not very fall-like. Still wearing summer clothes and a little tired of them. So OOTD is mostly just the same ole’ things and not much make up.

• Like 1