NCL Bliss crew have all tested negative for COVID-19

tomservo

Hopefully this helps anyone who was on a recent sailing feel a little more at ease, especially with the reports of a 2 year-old on the 3/1 sailing testing positive.

"The Norwegian Cruise Line ship has a 1,700-member crew but no passengers aboard. The crew members have all tested negative for COVID-19 but will be confined to the ship, according to a Port of Virginia news release sent Wednesday."

https://www.wavy.com/news/norwegian-cruise-ship-to-dock-in-port-of-virginia-during-coronavirus-crisis/

• Like 1

I don’t think they were tested tested.   I think it is poor wording or journalism.    I think that They have been screened and past screening.    I think that is why they are not debarking.  

Edited by robsmom

Ditto, tested ... maybe negative based on screening via temperature scan, chest sound w the stethoscopes & x-ray, very likely they can do vast # of CAT-scans onboard.  

Based on limited clinical data available, I would wait at least 3 weeks to "breath" easier with the most "likely" incubation period, as many mildly infected cases remain asymptomatic.  JMHO.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tomservo said:

Hopefully this helps anyone who was on a recent sailing feel a little more at ease, especially with the reports of a 2 year-old on the 3/1 sailing testing positive.

Edited by willsears94
Delete comment

6 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

My question is where did they get that amount of test kits.  Louisiana is lucky to have 200 a day for sick patients.

I think those with means (and money) can get their hands on them, ie NCL corporate. 

6 hours ago, robsmom said:

I don’t think they were tested tested.   I think it is poor wording or journalism

I was wondering about that myself, but the wording is directly from a Port of Virginia news release, not just the newspaper itself. I certainly hope it’s true but I would take it with a grain of salt. 

• Like 1