Any news from the Amsterdam?

mame42

On 7/12/2020 at 9:08 PM, Storylady said:

Unfortunately, it isn’t looking too promising with the increase of Covid-19 cases in California and Florida. I think that HAL is delaying canceling the rest of the season due to the massive number of refunds, If there are any cruise, it will be the Caribbean. And they might be short cruises to a few ports or nowhere.

Map of countries that will allow Americas to visit was posted on the FB World Cruise 2020 HAL Amsterdam. It only shows Tanzania, Turkey, Croatia and some islands in the Caribbean that will allow entry without, a 14 day quarantine is required.

I am one who loves to be at sea.  I do not get off at every Port of Call. A cruise with no ports would not bother me.  Hopefully HMC.  would be a nice stop.  " I wish I could stay here forever"  The Signs says--But not when a storm blows up.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 10:40 PM, cruzingnut said:

The Amsterdam was actually scheduled to lay up in Labuan, Malaysia.  The Maasdam was there but left and headed to Singapore.  Apparently, there were "issues" of some sort with that location so layup was changed to Cyprus. 

Linda R.

Since Amsterdam, Maasdam, Rotterdam and Veendam are all sailing for Suez/Eastern Med,

July 17-24 perhaps there is a buyer there.

Edited by ATC
changes

1 minute ago, ATC said:

Since Amsterdam, Maasdam, Rotterdam and Veendam are all sailing for Suez/Eastern Med,

July 17-24 perhaps there is a buyer there.

Amsterdam picked up 25 "engineers" in Singapore along with some new crew.  They are all in quarantine for 14 days.  Even though this info was worded as engineers, I'm wondering if they are contractors that will begin some work that is due since she was supposed to go to dry dock on May 12th this year.  Layup for some of our ships was supposed to be Malaysia but there were "issues" and the location was changed to Cyprus.

Linda R.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzingnut said:

Amsterdam picked up 25 "engineers" in Singapore along with some new crew.  They are all in quarantine for 14 days.  Even though this info was worded as engineers, I'm wondering if they are contractors that will begin some work that is due since she was supposed to go to dry dock on May 12th this year.  Layup for some of our ships was supposed to be Malaysia but there were "issues" and the location was changed to Cyprus.

Linda R.

They are contractors similar, but in a lot less numbers, to what you would see in a dry-docking situation

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

Linda R.

3 hours ago, Gloria sunrise said:

I am wondering how you received the information on the fact that the luggage is on the Gulf Bridge?  Delighted to hear about this but when I called HAL this morning they would not confirm it.  

Captain Jonathan posted it on the FB group World Cruise 2020 HAL Amsterdam.  Due to arrive in Fla on August 27th.

7 minutes ago, Gloria sunrise said:

Thanks so much for this information.  What does the FB stand for and how can I read this post?  So appreciate your help.

FB is Facebook.  You have to join the FB group.  

12 minutes ago, Gloria sunrise said:

I have an account with Facebook but I don’t post things.  What Facebook group do you have to be part of?  Thanks again for your help.

The one I mentioned earlier, World Cruise 2020 HALAmsterdam.  Go to FB and search for it.  I think you will need to do an invite to get access.

3 hours ago, Gloria sunrise said:

And how do you do that or is it limited?

Gloria, the Facebook group is for the passengers who were on this years world cruise.  If you look on here (Cruise Critic Roll Calls) and find the Roll Call for that cruise, you'll see more information if you are interested. 

Linda R.

Edited by cruzingnut

9 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

They are contractors similar, but in a lot less numbers, to what you would see in a dry-docking situation

That's what I figured @Copper10-8, thanks for the info!  I'm hoping that my favorite ship and home away from home will survive this "thinning of the cruise ship herd".  

Linda R.

Edited by cruzingnut

33 minutes ago, cruzingnut said:

Gloria, the Facebook group is for the passengers who were on this years world cruise.  If you look on here (Cruise Critic Roll Calls) and find the Roll Call for that cruise, you'll see more information if you are interested. 

Linda R.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer me.  So you are saying there is a Facebook roll call?  I have gone to roll calls and that is where I read your posting about the Gulf Bridge bringing our luggage back.  But I wondered where that information came from and some one said 2020 World Cruise Amsterdam HAL on Facebook but all I found there were ads promoting HAL.

Just now, Gloria sunrise said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer me.  So you are saying there is a Facebook roll call?  I have gone to roll calls and that is where I read your posting about the Gulf Bridge bringing our luggage back.  But I wondered where that information came from and some one said 2020 World Cruise Amsterdam HAL on Facebook but all I found there were ads promoting HAL.

No, there isn't a roll call on Facebook.  On Facebook there is a group of us that were on this years World Cruise.  That group was started when we all had to leave the ship in March in Australia and is limited to those passengers that were actually on the World Cruise.  We made it so that we could keep in touch with each other.  I posted the information about the container ship bringing our luggage back and I had gotten the information from our Captain that we had on that cruise. 

Linda R.

Thanks again.  We were on that cruise also but were not in your group I guess.  We received updates from  Captain Mercer but when he left the Amsterdam those stopped.  But I guess you found a way to continue receiving them.  So glad to be able to receive via you that our luggage is finally on it’s way home.

2 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

I posted and it ended up being "hidden" and I have no idea why it did that?  Here is the link to it.  If anyone knows how to unhide stuff, please let me know.

Linda R.

If its a private group on Facebook you can't cross post to non private sites, the only work around is a screenshot and make sure there is not private info like real names etc.

A-

8 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

If its a private group on Facebook you can't cross post to non private sites, the only work around is a screenshot and make sure there is not private info like real names etc.

A-

Maybe it got hidden because I initially tried putting a link into it.  I've never seen that before and I posted from here, not from anywhere else.

Linda R.

Edited by cruzingnut