Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

40 minutes ago, island lady said:

He doesn't use the Veteran discount much...except for Lowes...which right now gets a lot of our money!!  😄 

For National parks (day visit, not camping) he bought the senior pass, which is one time fee, entry good for life, including anyone that is in the vehicle with him.  Worked really well in Maine visiting Acadia NP.  

State parks here in Florida for camping site rental is 50% off for any resident over 65.  And as of this year, I qualify as well, don't have to bring in his DL at registration...just mine.  😄  Very good deal, but problem is now with everyone wanting to "staycation" and take their RV into the state parks...with all the seniors here...very tough to get a site.   

And not just locals...record number from other states as well wanting to take their RV here during the winter months.  Sub for cruising I guess, and can keep "social distancing" in their own rig.    😉 

Also the reduced property taxes are a nice benefit. As of January 2020 expanded base privilege's. 

• Like 1

Galveston port I think its disabled vets who can park there free during cruises. You need to bring proof when you arrive to park.

I love national parks and have taken quite a few vacations trying to see or stay in as many national parks as possible. Glacier, several in north and south Dakota, some of my favourites, even Everglades national park, just to see what trails they had. I especially love caverns. When I did my hs reunion year before last i stopped at caves in kentucky. Several smaller ones.

That lifetime pass went up a lot to me, so I just bought  day pass.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, island lady said:

Unfortunately no way I could remember what brand my stone is...been 40 plus years since I bought it.  I do know I purposely bought a thinner one than most stones on the market.  Gets the crust crispier.  Tried a thicker stone eons ago, didn't like it and it didn't season right (that was the one I left with the ex-husband 😉 ) .    I checked the back of my stone right now, just states it was made in Italy. 

Thanks!  I assume since you mention seasoning, that it's not coated with anything?  I've noticed that  many of the stones currently available have a non-stick coating, which I'm pretty sure I don't want.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Paw13 said:

That's wonderful you both have your vaccine jabs at the same time.

I don't normally post on social media but when Graham said his lovely friends on here were asking about Sarah and him I thought I better reply and hopefully he will be back in 4 days.

Love P xx

Hi Pauline, 

It's nice to hear from Graham's lovely half. Hope we hear from him today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Same here....

Come to think of it, I’m missing @ReneeFLLtoo, though she isn’t “stuff” 😇

I've missed all of y'all also.

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

But she likes to "play".😉

I'm not playing monoply with Bee anymore. She's no fun. 🤣

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

For me, it’s seems to always be a few. I will just avoid relying to them. 

I'm going to start doing the same thing when it comes to a certain person. Not worth my time. Looks like she got nailed also. 👍

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Who Graham?  No way. 

That's what I thought. I was shocked.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

I know this is a rccl board but msc gives vets a ten percent discount, I also use my Lowe’s discount they even have reserved parking spots for vets . I brought my dd214 when I renewed drivers license so now that shows I am a vet.

Thanks for the info about MSC. I didn't know this and someday I want to try them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks for the info about MSC. I didn't know this and someday I want to try them. 

I do too. Something about them intrigues me. I also think I' really like being on a ship with an Italian staff. I'd enjoy talking with them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I'm going to start doing the same thing when it comes to a certain person. Not worth my time. Looks like she got nailed also. 👍

That's what I thought. I was shocked.

I know it's supposedly taboo to talk about monopoly violations, but honestly, for a meme?  (Graham).  Unless there was some shenanigans later. 

And, I didn't see anything that you posted that I thought was bad, at least in that thread... :classic_huh:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Galveston port I think its disabled vets who can park there free during cruises. You need to bring proof when you arrive to park.

I love national parks and have taken quite a few vacations trying to see or stay in as many national parks as possible. Glacier, several in north and south Dakota, some of my favourites, even Everglades national park, just to see what trails they had. I especially love caverns. When I did my hs reunion year before last i stopped at caves in kentucky. Several smaller ones.

That lifetime pass went up a lot to me, so I just bought  day pass.

Love...love Glacier National Park in northern Montana.  🤗👍  Sooo pretty and lots of hiking trails.  Seem to remember a beautiful lodge restaurant we went to on the lake there as well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

Thanks!  I assume since you mention seasoning, that it's not coated with anything?  I've noticed that  many of the stones currently available have a non-stick coating, which I'm pretty sure I don't want.  

No, it's just natural stone.  I seasoned it by coating it with oil, then baking in the oven for 1/2 hour or more.  Get it nice and toasty...cool down all the way.  Should do it. 

Then over the years the natural oil in what you are baking helps keep it that way.  Pretty much non stick after that, much like seasoning a cast iron skillet.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hmmm..did not know about that one.  Not sure it is the same in Florida?  Need to investigate.  Thanks!

Do check with your county tax office.  It is my understanding all states offer some type of property tax exemption for a vet with at least a 10% service connected disability. Also the expanded base privileges. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Disabled vets. 

Ahh...OK.  That's why I hadn't heard of it.  Bucky has a hard head, luckily, but not his back and shoulder.  He took a hit in the back one day in the swamps, but being the guy with the huge radio on his back (probably why he was targeted) the radio took the brunt of the blast.  He still has tiny bits of radio shrapnel coming up to peek out of his skin at times.  😮   He has partial disability...but doesn't tell anyone.  

Worst thing is that hard head....  😉   that is where the real disability is.  😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1