Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We really need to go back to talking about paper plates or maybe we should switch to mirrors....

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sute I explained it. Not sure what your problem with it was.  Kinda working off the previous post about mirrors. I may have missed something, but I thought the reference to mirrors had to do with unexpected reflections. 

That's funny, when I read the comment about mirrors I thought it meant that some people around here that like to call others out should go and take a good long look in one.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Fine China always seemed like a waste of money to me.  We registered for china and cutlery as wedding gifts, like I'm sure everyone else at the time did.  It was expensive enough that some people would give a complete single setting, while others would give part of a setting.  I remember that we needed to spend some of our own money to complete a 12-person set.  I would much rather have spent that money elsewhere.  We used that china twice a year at most...Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I don't think we ever used all 12 settings at the same time.  A few things have broken over time and we're currently at about 10.5 settings.  We also needed to buy a fancy looking china cabinet to display our unused china in our fancy looking unused dining room.  We still have that china protectively wrapped and stored somewhere.  Sigh.

We use the same dishes that we have been using since 1967.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Tablet, as I recall

My hands shake to the degree that it is virtually impossible to use any kind of normal tablet.I use once specifically designed for people with Parkinson’s.I use a stylus pen that is different from the norm.So many things that I can no longer do,like hold a camera to take a picture or a phone to take a picture or a telephone to have a conversation .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

6 hours ago, George C said:

My mother in law passed 11 years ago, my wife got her chins and it is in a cabinet somewhere in our house , never used. Today will be our 30th of temperature of 100 or warmer. 

This cracked me up at first, then I realized it was a typo.... then it cracked me up even more!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

58 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I tend to focus on pennies. Putting empties to good use. 

E78A080B-BBED-42F3-8420-1A81B13375CD.thumb.jpeg.446689dda6c1a304063378ab4b7b78d2.jpeg

But seriously, the grandkids classrooms usually have a penny drive each year, so we let them take them and donate to their cause.  Without the rum bottles, of course. 🤣

And now we know why there is a national coin shortage!  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am sure Lenny just wanted to give his thanks to each person that took time out to wish him a Happy Birthday.  

Exactly,Marietta .Unfortunately I am limited to what I am able to do on line

I got a good report this morning at the doctors office.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

I hope I am not oversharing😇but I also use Bounty paper towels (you can see in the pic I posted of the plates) instead of napkins.   WHEW I feel better not that I have totally outed myself

FWIW, the Member's Mark select-a-size paper towels from Sam's Club are VERY good.  

I normally shy away from off-brand paper towels -- they usually are too weak or thin and don't absorb as much or hold up to wear, so you end up using more than one, so you don't end up saving any money.  But the MM brand at Sam's are every bit as good as name-brand, IMO.  

Exception:  Viva... if I have a specific need for a dang good paper towel, I'll spend the money on Viva.  They're too expensive for everyday use, but they are really good for specific cleaning jobs, etc. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Very happy to hear that Lenny.

Do your best in whatever it is you can or want to do. Friends understand and do not judge. HUGS to you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

+1

😉😇

H ,I just want to let you know that my EKG was perfect today.I had blood work and will get the results hopefully by the end of the week.However,my doctor believes that I will be fine as far as a Cardiology issue.

Are you going to be watching the Yankees Old Timers game July 30 ?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Lol that could be right too! But I threw that in to cheer up Graham. Leg Before Wicket. 

Thank you Arzeena.

As a cricket fan I was going to post that but thought no one in the US would know.👍🏏

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much.

Because of things out of our control unfortunately Pauline and I are not going on Bella's cruise and had to change to a different date.

I emailed John a few weeks ago to let him know.

Graham.

Graham, I’m very sorry we won’t have the opportunity to meet you and Pauline on the Bella cruise.  Maybe another time🤞.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yesterday was a wonderful day .Today,unfortunately a sorrowful day.The brother of one of my closest friends has terminal cancer and is in hospice.

I'm so sorry to hear this Lenny.

Prayers 🙏 for a comfortable and pain free time in the hospice for the brother of one of your closest friends.

Graham 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

For some reason no pictures were taken.

I have to amend my statement.There was a picture of one of my grand dogs with a birthday hat on his head

Next Sunday is his birthday and there will be a party for him but only 4 adults and 2 kids My daughter had enough food for hundreds of people and wound up giving a lot away to people.She brought leftovers to my house today as well.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Exactly,Marietta .Unfortunately I am limited to what I am able to do on line

That is excellent news Lenny.

I'm really happy for you.

Graham.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hvac guy came out and unit worked perfect while he was here for about 1/2 hr.  Of course!!   Freon levels were just fine.

He thinks when we had some electrical power failures this weekend in our neighborhood may have been the culprit,  The compressor motor just wasn't restarting or had delayed restart.

House was a cool 71 while he was here.   If it warms back up and I don't hear the hum of the compressor outside then I am to call him back and he will install a hard start kit.

Glad it’s working now Debbie and I hope it stays that way!  They’ve been saying 90% chance of thunderstorms here most of the day but so far not a drop.  We desperately need the rain.  At least we’re only in the low 80’s today & tomorrow.  I finally opened all the drapes & blinds today; had them closed to try and keep the house cooler and give the AC a  little help.  I hate having them closed & the house dark.  

Regarding plates. We have everyday dishes we use most days unless we’re just having burgers or pizza.  Like someone else said, if we don’t use the dishwasher often enough it starts to smell a little funky.  Probably because there’s only two of us here.  We also have wedding china that never gets used. Christmas dishes get used for a couple of weeks around the holiday.  

@Sea Dog that leftover meal looks like no leftovers I’ve ever served, LOL.  Thanks for also posting the recipe links.  We (me & my girls) all use Ree Drummond’s mashed potato recipe which calls for cream cheese - it’s the best!

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Graham, I’m very sorry we won’t have the opportunity to meet you and Pauline on the Bella cruise.  Maybe another time🤞.

Thank you.

It would have been lovely to meet you both too.

We booked in March 2021 over 15 months ago.

Pauline is a civil servant and staff shortages and not being replaced caused this issue.

One of Pauline's team died in hospital on Saturday.

Graham.

• Like 5

Just now, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

It would have been lovely to meet you both too.

We booked in March 2021 over 15 months ago.

Pauline is a civil servant and staff shortages and not being replaced caused this issue.

One of Pauline's team died in hospital on Saturday.

Graham.

Sorry to hear about Paulines co-worker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1