Plans for Third Sydney Cruise Ship Terminal Delayed 18 Months

Just now, NSWP said:

So the BCT is a goer, great stuff.🥃

Graham isn’t going to like this but.

How about a overhead rail or try and find the old monorail .put-it along foreshore road to the airport.

At the airport you could Check in ,buy your duty free ,go through customs ,security and board the monorail to port botany cruise terminal.

35 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

How about a overhead rail or try and find the old monorail .put-it along foreshore road to the airport.

At the airport you could Check in ,buy your duty free ,go through customs ,security and board the monorail to port botany cruise terminal.

No worries, I can see it now mono rail over the top of the ED, then General Holmes Drive to Foreshore Drive.  Next time our local MP, young Andrew Constance (who is also the NSW Minister for Transport) is down here visiting his electorate, I will catch up with him for an adult beverage at the golf club.   They are allowed 700 patrons now even with Covid rules, big establishment.  I will sort it.😜 But hang on I thought the NSW Govt sold the old mono rail to China? or some where in the Far East.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

No way....You seem to have lost sight of the fact that, as we have been told many times by the fisherman, this terminal is purely for the profit of that greedy unscrupulous Royal Caribbean  company and such a set up, as you are suggesting, would detract from their bottom line with all the added infrastructure etc so they would not consider this....they are after all only interested in making money .🤑🤑 apart from that, and realistically speaking,  having customs, check in etc isolated from the ship and terminal would not be considered on an ongoing basis, there would be too many security risks and  logistics problems. There is also a large amount of  “ behind the scenes” interaction between the ship and check in / border force/ baggage processing  etc on regular basis on any embark day which just could not happen. 

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

So the BCT is a goer, great stuff.🥃

I foresee the biggest( most urgent) problem we may have is finding the best name for the terminal,  Botany Bay Cruise Terminal BBCT , Port Botany Cruise Terminal PBCT,  Yarra Bay Cruise Terminal YBCT or maybe according to “some” The  Royal Caribbean Port Botany Cruise Terminal TRCPBCT🤑🤑......etc etc  Maybe we could have contest to find the best name. Anyway, they have an extra eighteen months to sort that out 😁

Edited by gbenjo

4 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

I foresee the biggest( most urgent) problem we may have is finding the best name for the terminal,  Botany Bay Cruise Terminal BBCT , Port Botany Cruise Terminal PBCT,  Yarra Bay Cruise Terminal YBCT or maybe The  Royal Caribbean Port Botany Cruise Terminal TRCPBCT🤑🤑......etc etc  Maybe we could have contest to find the best name. Anyway, they have an extra eighteen months to sort that out 😁

what about the DIBGFPADTWBCT - the displaced indigenous beach goers, fisher people and dredged the whole bay cruise terminal.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

what about the DIBGFPADTWBCT - the displaced indigenous beach goers, fisher people and dredged the whole bay cruise terminal.

You left out   the endangered sea horse colony 😁

• Haha 1

have you blokes ever considered with the amount of people in nsw who hate the current liberal gov they will be voted out so no cruise terminal will ever happen in botany .  you all can dream and thats ok . but the fact is any mention of a cruise terminal will be met with anger from most in nsw and the country.  just mentioning the corona virus and they way cruise ships behaved here is enough . the gov here is controlled by the people . we stopped them from bogus marine parks and if they even mention cruise ships we will rise up again just before the virus we had a estimated 30,000 to attend the rally  and that rally will happen.  there is a planned black lives matter rally on the 5th july they are going to mention yarra bay as well...  so you all can dream and babble on as you do . you know and i know that it will never happen now..  royal crapibbean doesnt even have enough money now they have to borrow just to stay affloat . they wont be sailing anytime soon no ships will enter sydney either untill there is a vaccine .   you can bet your money on that .  but anyway cruising is on the nose now  it will take a hell of a long ten yrs before it may reach what it was if it ever does or the companies can last another 18 months and thats just in australia let alone europe or america or asia . these cruise companies need the world free of the virus to survive . they wont be able to stay afloat ..  the writting is on the wall , you all may as well start planing ya interstate travel now.. better still i can take ten on my boat with full sleeping arrangements and food for a month  i can take you's around our beautiful country we call australia also can take ya for day trips driving around in a few classic cars . aussie and american cars  and japanese , german sports cars .  no canadian cars tho lol 

Edited by in rod we trust

'Royal Crapibbean Cruise Line, never been on them, can you take your gratuities off as you embark? 🤐All I can Rod is you must have a quid, big boat, loads of international cars, but no Canadian ones ? I am a bit concerned about that.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

How about The Cruise Ship Terminal at the Former Yarra Bay Yacht Club.

No not at ye olde YBYC, the dining area there as I remember it had wonderful views of Botany Bay and beyond.  Graham Gbenjo and his mob could use the club as their administration base and have a nice room for smoko and meal breaks, i.e. the former YBYC bistro.🍽️.  The poker machines could be dispensed with or sold off to Royal Crapibbean for fund raising, they might need it.

Edited by NSWP

Just now, NSWP said:

No not at ye olde YBYC, the dinig area there as I remember it had wonderful views of Botany Bay and beyond.  Graham Gbenjo and his mob could use the club as their administration base and have a nice room for smoko and meal breaks, i.e. the former YBYC bistro.🍽️.

Do they do a Mic’s grill??? Or a decent pie?

18 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Do they do a Mic’s grill??? Or a decent pie?

Not been there since about the 1990's when I was stationed around there.  Flathead was always on the menu, probably caught by the local fishos, I don't know, could have been Birds Eye. Patrons at the YBYC were too classy for a mixed grill or a dogs eye old son,,more attuned to  Fillet Mignon with pan jus,, Barramundi or Nicoise Salad types, Eastern Suburbs you know, almost anyway.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, gbenjo said:

I foresee the biggest( most urgent) problem we may have is finding the best name for the terminal,  Botany Bay Cruise Terminal BBCT , Port Botany Cruise Terminal PBCT,  Yarra Bay Cruise Terminal YBCT or maybe according to “some” The  Royal Caribbean Port Botany Cruise Terminal TRCPBCT🤑🤑......etc etc  Maybe we could have contest to find the best name. Anyway, they have an extra eighteen months to sort that out 😁

All modesty aside, I propose the it be called The Docker Dock.

you know it makes sense.

13 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

All modesty aside, I propose the it be called The Docker Dock.

you know it makes sense.

Not to me 😁. How about  ......The Convenient Cruise Terminal .......seeing it is all about our convenience apparently.🤔

16 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

If the make it an aquatic wharf rather than one dug into the dirt, we can call it the Pie Floater.

I think you are in the wrong place my friend ...Re meat pies is where you should be posting this.