Plans for Third Sydney Cruise Ship Terminal Delayed 18 Months

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

It would keep him from eating your liver with some Fava beans and a nice Chianti

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

He may not need the Chianti if he is eating my liver

Now there's something to think about during my next feed of Lambs Fry and Bacon. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Now there's something to think about during my next feed of Lambs Fry and Bacon. 🙂

Are there alcoholic sheep then. I am partial to Lambs fry and bacon, nice thick gravy too.

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Hold the offal (you can have my share) I'll stick with the bacon. I'll have my bacon with toast and some mushrooms thanks.

Plenty of iron in that lamb liver, Lyle. Pubs here often have it on their menus. Not as popular as it used to be. Thank goodness they still serve these, although fading out a bit.grill.jpg.23ad862d9f64e088becbd52aae9f1433.jpg

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Is that the famous mixed grill Les? No offal on that plate I hope? Is that a small steak, lamb chop and pork chop? I'm guessing this would require some HP?

Ridgey Didge, mixed grill, no offal Lyle. HP yes sir..hp.jpg.ba72d08164000f56434672ce29703d6d.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

On reflection I am most distressed re the delays to the Port Botany Cruise Terminal construction, I was looking forward to an invite to the official opening next year.  After all, I did reside and work in the area for some years at different times, like  Matraville and Mascot/Botany.

Up the Rabbitohs !!

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

On reflection I am most distressed re the delays to the Port Botany Cruise Terminal construction, I was looking forward to an invite to the official opening next year.  After all, I did reside and work in the area for some years at different times, like  Matraville and Mascot/Botany.

Up the Rabbitohs !!

Uncle Les, I am unable to find up with Rabbitohs in my Australian to Canadian Dictionary (if it's not too rude for the more genteel on these boards) please translate

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

Uncle Les, I am unable to find up with Rabbitohs in my Australian to Canadian Dictionary (if it's not too rude for the more genteel on these boards) please translate

The Rabbitohs, (South Sydney Rugby League Football Team) are a sporting club, playing Rugby League (not Rugby)  the oldest and most successful in the competition. Part owned by Russel Crowe. 

Rugby League was an offshoot of Rugby Union, when players were demanding payment for playing, Souths were the first team formed and adopted the nickname Rabbitohs because many of the players would make a few bucks (in hard financial times) by selling Rabbits door to door and the cry was Rabbitoh Man to let fold know they were there. The adopted the colours Red and Green (More correctly Cardinal and Myrte), the Union team many came from wore green and it has been claimed they would wear their old green jersey selling rabbits, get them covered in blood Hence Red and Green.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

It is much better for your sanity than you don’t even bother trying to find out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Glory, Glory to South Sydney......that's how their anthem starts.

SS20JSY01M_South-Sydney-Rabbitohs-2020-Mens-Replica-Home-Jersey_1__1594118169.jpg

Edited by NSWP

SS20JSY01M_South-Sydney-Rabbitohs-2020-Mens-Replica-Home-Jersey_1__1594118169.jpg.328b2011efbc3cca3639b78e757bae95.jpg

25 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

It is much better for your sanity than you don’t even bother trying to find out.

A Melburnian would say that..Rugby League is the premier game.  Standby for incoming...Do you like your new avatar I gave to you Mr Docker, me being such a kind person.😂

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Leave it alone Lyle,it’s best not to know.

52 minutes ago, NSWP said:

SS20JSY01M_South-Sydney-Rabbitohs-2020-Mens-Replica-Home-Jersey_1__1594118169.jpg.328b2011efbc3cca3639b78e757bae95.jpg

A Melburnian would say that..Rugby League is the premier game.  Standby for incoming...Do you like your new avatar I gave to you Mr Docker, me being such a kind person.😂

I grew up in Perth.

So, we had real football. Australian Rules (now branded AFL).

There was soccer, mostly played by British and Southern European immigrants.

The few “traditional”, expensive, snooty, private boys schools played something called rugby.  Never sure what that was.

When I eventually ended up in the east, people started talking about this rugby league, which apparently is not the same as the rich, snooty, private school game. Fortunately, we have a football proof fence to obtain it to New South Wales and Queensland.

22 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Leave it alone Lyle,it’s best not to know.

Lyle has now been educated in the Rugby League tradition.  Re the Rabbitohs, back in the early 90's I worked with Sean Garlick ex player and football manger of South Sydney Rabbitohs. So yes he is an ex walloper.  He is now CEO of his family company Garlos pies, a family company established a few decades ago at Matraville. Now everywhere, even exported to USA.

download.jpg

th (3).jpg

Edited by NSWP

57 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Uncle Les, are you being unkind to Mr. Docker during his recuperation? As I understand it the facility where he is being held (oh I mean Rehab) they don't even have any meat pies for the poor man. As our Dr. Henry says, be kind.

Somehow this didn't go out when I first wrote it now it's out of context.

9 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I grew up in Perth.

So, we had real football. Australian Rules (now branded AFL).

There was soccer, mostly played by British and Southern European immigrants.

The few “traditional”, expensive, snooty, private boys schools played something called rugby.  Never sure what that was.

When I eventually ended up in the east, people started talking about this rugby league, which apparently is not the same as the rich, snooty, private school game. Fortunately, we have a football proof fence to obtain it to New South Wales and Queensland.

A fence like this, can people kick that high? 838634067_trumpwall.jpg.4b0d04ea72f3a3f5ff4a811b5a49e0b0.jpg