CDC & RCL restrictions

I am 70+ & a type 2 diabetic.  The diabetes is controlled with medication.  I don't know of anyone over 70 that doesn't have some kind of issue.  This whole doctor note thing makes me feel like a second class citizen!  This is not fair to me or any other person that age.  We have put in our time working for financial security & healthy lives & can't get on a cruise ship.  

Yes, I am upset.  I can understand some of the reasons behind prohibiting us from cruising but it is not fair to judge all people our age to be unable to cruise.

Just my 2 cents.  This has been simmering in me for a while so sorry for the rant.

Also, in my case, this is inherited on both sides.

Edited by PTAngel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PTAngel said:

I am 70+ & a type 2 diabetic.  The diabetes is controlled with medication.  I don't know of anyone over 70 that doesn't have some kind of issue.  This whole doctor note thing makes me feel like a second class citizen!  This is not fair to me or any other person that age.  

I have read so many times that no one knows anyone over 70 yrs old that doesn’t have some type of medical issue. I find that very sad and discouraging. My father took NO medications at all until he was 93 yrs old when he developed a viral heart infection. He was meticulous in taking care of his health and weight. Ridiculously meticulous. 

I appear to have my dad’s genetics. I’m grateful for that. Neither I nor my husband take any prescription medications either. We’re not 70 yet, but late 60’s. We won’t cruise anymore if we have to produce a dr’s note every time once we turn 70. I will be very disappointed if the rule is not relaxed by then, but there are plenty of other ways to vacations. 

Yes, it looks like my cruising days are over.  I am so disappointed. It is sad that so many over 70 have issues that are controlled cannot cruise anymore.  

Here's hoping that rule is relaxed within a safe timeline so we can cruise again.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2020 at 11:02 AM, Iamcruzin said:

Here you go. Do you think we will have to wear paper gowns, latex gloves and face masks in the MDR even on formal night?

I never thought of that, but you have a good point! A gown made out of toilet paper with the MJ look of the mask and gloves. It would definitely look  better than a lot of people on formal night. 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2020 at 11:02 AM, Iamcruzin said:

Here you go. Do you think we will have to wear paper gowns, latex gloves and face masks in the MDR even on formal night?

How about the plastic garbage bags?  Basic little black dress / tux jacket.  

On 4/13/2020 at 8:41 PM, Hoopster95 said:

This is by far and away the  very best answer on this entire thread.

Having said that, you asked what we think....  I would bet on that there would be quite a few rules enacted that are close to what is already proposed. You will need to wait until cruising even starts to see what rules RCL enacts.

In my humble, non-professional and ignorant opinion, Diabetes is definitely one of those precursors it seems to those who may contract Corona Virus. With the unimaginable amount of $$$$ and planning the cruise lines will need in order to contain an outbreak, and return cruisers home, having anyone with any type of precursor that is deemed to be related to contracting the virus easier than another human, I would think they'll keep those rules in place. There is absolutely no way in hell RCL or any other cruise line would want to (or can afford?) spending millions (probably tens of millions) of dollars to contain and evacuate a 3000-5000 person virus filled ship privately (no commercial flights etc), let alone deal with the stock market fall-out and the likely absolute media lynching.

So how will they fill all those beautiful ships?  Have you observed who is cruising with you?  Most of the cruisers I have seen in recent years are senior or super senior citizens.  They will be sailing half empty or if you prefer half full.