Over 70 Medical Forms

Empehi

4 minutes ago, chivatosteve said:

The letters will be a CYA for the Cruise Company's liability.  They will be just like a Medical Marijuana card.  There will be "doctors" that for a fee will provide one.  Dr. Harold Bornstein is available, and your health can be "astonishingly excellent" and your "physical strength and stamina are extraordinary".

You could also get a letter from the WHO saying everything is fine and dandy signed off by a Chinese doctor from Wuhan and an Ethiopian who is on the Chinese payroll.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Redtravel said:

There are still places that  we haven’t seen in the US that would be nice to visit.

This 'event' has given some of us a new perspective it seems. Thanks for your reply.

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

Please do not share stats. We all can see them anytime we connect to any media.

Actually not everyone sees the same stats - depends on the network you watch 😀

That's part of a a HUGE problem.

2 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Paul, regardless of when you look at the stats or where you get your info, they keep increasing.  The HUGE problem is people are dying.  
In New Jersey, things are bad. Hope California is better. Stay safe.

Thank you - we are definitely "locked in"

I believe things here are getting better here - slowly.

You too - stay safe.

14 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Thank you - we are definitely "locked in"

I believe things here are getting better here - slowly.

You too - stay safe.

If SF is the first to come out of lock down we'd really like to come down. Bring our little motor home, stay in South City, wear our masks, go for dim sum, etc. I could bring a chunk of foie. Please.

15 minutes ago, clo said:

If SF is the first to come out of lock down we'd really like to come down. Bring our little motor home, stay in South City, wear our masks, go for dim sum, etc. I could bring a chunk of foie. Please.

I love Dim Sum and miss it terribly but not quite ready for it yet 🙂

On 4/14/2020 at 6:47 PM, Empehi said:

It is my understanding that the CDC will impose this requirement for all US based departing cruises when they begin sailing again. It may not be permanent. However, many of us are over 70 and have non-refundable deposit made before the Pandemic. Our doctors may or may not approve sailing. As a matter of fact, you may find doctors reluctant to sign a form like this.

Solution........Only take cruises  NOT departing the US....  There are plenty  or  will be.

4 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

You could also get a letter from the WHO saying everything is fine and dandy signed off by a Chinese doctor from Wuhan and an Ethiopian who is on the Chinese payroll.

Boy you hit the nail on the head Paul..... That is the reality of the WHO  (  Wuhan Health Organization)

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 9:34 AM, clo said:

Clo......  you dont have to camp in South City....  Golden Gate Park.... The Marina,...  Heck, Knob hill for that matter......Its now legal to camp anywhere in SF  free too !

On 4/16/2020 at 6:56 AM, Redtravel said:

I feel exactly like you.  We have been fortunate to travel internationally for years.  We are at a point in our lives 70+ where we have been revisiting the places that we really loved. 
I have traveled often in the US. It’s a big country with many fabulous places to visit.  We love big cities with lots of cultural attractions and the beautiful National parks and seashores.  There are still places that  we haven’t seen in the US that would be nice to visit.  For now, stay safe.

Ditto for me.  We cancelled our Asian trips for next year and will ride it out.  Domestic destinations are attractive, but they will also be attractive to the throngs of people who are thinking the same thing.  Instead of cruises, Disneyworld, NYC and the like, the masses will congregate at the beaches, National Parks, other points of interest.  This all sounds unpleasant to me.  We live in Florida so our pastimes will be our usual activities and daytrips.    We are over 70, but in no hurry to resume cruising, since we have seen most of the world.  

Found this online awhile back, when they in initial discussions about requiring the 70+ crowd to present proof of good health.  Looks like a draft -- or a very poorly constructed final.  The content and certifications don't look to be particularly onerous, but I'm sure that it'll be a monstrosity by the time the bureaucrats and shipboard medical folks finish making their changes.  They do need to be careful, though, as some aspects of ADA apply.  Provided the person is not a danger to himself/herself or others, denial of service can be sticky.Certificate-of-Medical-Fitness-to-Travel-form.pdf

As printed the certificate is not onerous at all.

American DA only applies for cruises plying US waters from a US port. That was the agreement the cruise lines signed. Totally non applicable getting on a ship in Tokyo going to Bangkok.

Cruise Lines have long had “Do Not Cruise “ Lists. This will just catch a few before they get on the ship, instead of making the List while on the ship.

What is one’s motivation to sail if their doctor says they aren’t fit? Burial at Sea?

Edited by pinotlover

On 4/17/2020 at 10:25 AM, Hawaiidan said:

Clo......  you dont have to camp in South City....  Golden Gate Park.... The Marina,...  Heck, Knob hill for that matter......Its now legal to camp anywhere in SF  free too !

A motor home and "camping" are a tad different 🙂

• 1 month later...

I was unsettled by posts on another board where some CC contributors were suggesting faking a doctor's signature so that the form could be handed in as required. The medical form is only as credible as the people handing it in to a cruise line. It is disappointing.

On 4/14/2020 at 6:47 PM, Empehi said:

It is my understanding that the CDC will impose this requirement for all US based departing cruises when they begin sailing again. It may not be permanent. However, many of us are over 70 and have non-refundable deposit made before the Pandemic. Our doctors may or may not approve sailing. As a matter of fact, you may find doctors reluctant to sign a form like this.

Solution.don't take cruises out of the US