Cruises Cancelled Through June 11th

4 minutes ago, WeLuvVacation said:

Royal is a real piece of work, they wait until just before 5 PM ET to get this out so all the east coast travel agents are closed up for the weekend.

I used a TA but I was still allowed to cx through the link on RCCL so maybe try that and get your place in line? 

Am I reading this right?  Royal actually shorted the period to request a refund to the end of 2020 instead of 2021?  That almost certainly means I'll be taking the refund.  I was willing to keep the FCC, but there is no way I can book by the end of the year.  Wife is due with our second in October, and I am not going to keep the FCC past the refund request period.  Ridiculous.

There is a slight change to the policy on Future Cruise Credits for guests who had cancelled sailings between May 12 - June 11, 2020. They can choose between a 100% refund or 125% Future Cruise Credit. Future cruise credits must be redeemed by January 1, 2021 and sail by April 30, 2022. In addition, the deadline to request to change a future cruise credit to a refund deadline is December 31, 2020. 

Guests who had cancelled sailings between March 14 - May 11 must redeem their future cruise credits and sail by December 31, 2021.  They may request a future cruise credit to be changed to refund by December 31, 2021.

Edited by firefox247
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, figment7 said:

I used a TA but I was still allowed to cx through the link on RCCL so maybe try that and get your place in line? 

I used a TA also and was able to submit my refund request. It was quite easy actually, just needed the booking number. Now I wait...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WeLuvVacation said:

Royal is a real piece of work, they wait until just before 5 PM ET to get this out so all the east coast travel agents are closed up for the weekend.

If you have a TA that's unresponsive on nights and weekends then it's time for a new TA

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, firefox247 said:

That almost certainly means I'll be taking the refund.  I was willing to keep the FCC, but there is no way I can book by the end of the year.  Wife is due with our second in October, and I am not going to keep the FCC past the refund request period

Good catch, I hadn’t noticed that part. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You don’t have to book by the end of the year.  You have until April 2022 to book and sail 

Right, but the point being that my plan was to let it sit, and if I sailed by then, great, and if not, I'll just request the refund. Now I'm going to have an entire year less to make that decision, because there are so many unknowns (and likely still will be by the end of year), that I wouldn't want to forgo my opportunity for a refund. Just annoying for my specific situation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefox247 said:

Right, but the point being that my plan was to let it sit, and if I sailed by then, great, and if not, I'll just request the refund. Now I'm going to have an entire year less to make that decision, because there are so many unknowns (and likely still will be by the end of year), that I wouldn't want to forgo my opportunity for a refund. Just annoying for my specific situation. 

Sorry I edited my post.

there seems to be a contradiction in the book by dates.  This is from the FAQ’s and states you have until Dec 31 2022 to apply the FCC and  sail by April 2022

07D457D3-8351-415A-9304-3530C84DF29E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I called my TA as soon as the news broke concerning the newly canceled cruises.  He immediately requested a full refund.  Told me that it will take at least 30 days and could be 60 days.  It has been fun and very insightful reading all of your posts.  This is my last post on RCCL and all my future cruises ( when they start back) will be with MSC YC.  Best of luck to all of you and be safe.   Adios from Texas and good night to all.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Hobby3333 said:

I called my TA as soon as the news broke concerning the newly canceled cruises.  He immediately requested a full refund.  Told me that it will take at least 30 days and could be 60 days.  It has been fun and very insightful reading all of your posts.  This is my last post on RCCL and all my future cruises ( when they start back) will be with MSC YC.  Best of luck to all of you and be safe.   Adios from Texas and good night to all.  

Is it night time in Texas?  We still have plenty of daylight left here. 

18 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Is it night time in Texas?  We still have plenty of daylight left here. 

No, the sun is still up.

I have not received an email for my May 30th cruise.  The link on this thread to receive a refund did not work (thank you for posting though).  Maybe it will work later. I got an error message.

I did book through a TA.  Can I cancel on my own or will I have to cancel through the TA?

Edited by luv2sailAgain

When requesting a refund, has anyone gotten or heard of a message that says "A Cruise With Confidence Certificate has already been requested for this group?" I booked through a popular online cruise site, but not as a group. Of course the agency is closed until tomorrow. I finally got through to Royal Caribbean after being on hold for an hour and the agent said my reservation was a group and she would have to transfer me to the Group Department. I am still waiting for the Group agent. My concern is that the Online Agency or another person with the same group reservation has requested a Future Cruise Credit and now I can no longer get a refund.