Fort Lauderdale port parking

triplett

We are booked on the APEX in January 2021 and I am thinking about driving to the port instead of flying. Has anyone parked there? How hard is it to get into the parking area? Are there enough spots to accommodate everyone? How long is the walk to the terminal and are there shuttles? I have only ever driven to New Orleans port and it was a hassle when it came time to disembark, due to the shuttling to the parking deck. Any advise? Thanks CC friends!

I've never parked there personally but the parking garage is just across the street from Terminal 25 and is approximately 1/4 mile away.   Those that have used it said it had plenty of space and entry and exit were fairly easy.   

Our experience.

It was not difficult driving into the port and accessing the pier roadway.  Security check Lines depend on how many ships are in port and time of your arrival. We arrived early, ran very smoothly.

The closest  port parking is in a covered garage  &  is fairly easy at the pier location .

BUT,  a fair amount of walking is involved. 

The  parking structure is located across the way and down a bit from where you drop the luggage and the entrance to the ship.  For EDGE( non suite),   DH and I dropped off our luggage at the designated area near end of the road. It is taken quickly and efficiently.

DH then  made the turnaraound and drove back to the parking garage while I walked to the ship entrance with my carry on. He came back about 20 minutes later with his carry on, and we entered together up the escalator .

Post cruise, we both walked to the parking garage, wheeling our luggage and carryons.. The pathway is  narrow, uneven  and you have to cross the street, but it is doable.   In good weather this works okay..  In  rain or hot sun, it  will be more of a chore.

For our second  EDGE,  cruise we flew into Ft Lauderdale and took a taxi...so much easier!  If you can park at a hotel or offsite, it might be easier, and maybe less costly.  You can , check the port boards for options.

Sadly, we canceled APEX  for Nov..Enjoy your cruise,

12 minutes ago, chuckroast1 said:

This isn't really what you asked but we always use Park and Go in Ft. Lauderdale. It is easy to get to, the prices are about $9 a day (when you pre-pay) and the service is terrific. Also, sometimes you see monkeys. 

https://www.bookparkngo.com/ftlauderdale.php

We have also used Park and Go.  It is outside parking, but when you pull in, they come with a small bus, load your luggage so there is literally not walking at all.  They are wonderful as far as customer service.  I highly recommend them.  

If one is able to easily walk from the Mid-Port Parking Garage to the entrance for Terminal 25--with or without luggage--it is not difficult to do.  I have done it.  True, it is easier if the ship sails from Terminals 19, 21, or 26.  It's a shorter walk.  

When I sailed on Celebrity Eclipse from that Terminal, I was thankful that I had driven and not used a taxi.  The long lines for guests waiting to get a taxi was a sight I won't forget.  

The Mid-Port Garage has always had more than sufficient parking spaces even during those days when there were the maximum amount of ships that the Port could handle in Port.

• 4 weeks later...

If it's not too late I'd like to add my vote for Park n Go right outside the port gate.  You pull into a carport.  They unload your luggage and you get on the van to your ship.  They stop right at the porters & unload the luggage.  When you return, they pick up up right outside your terminal and drop you off directly in front of your vehicle.

Not only do you save money, but it's hassle free.  One cruise I disembarked the ship early. I went to their area across in front of the terminal, called them and they were there within a minute. They didn't wait for anyone. Drove me straight back to my car. 

They also give you a small bottle of water per person when you leave.  Also they have a frequent parker program.  On my last cruise I got five free days and only paid for two. I use them a lot. :-)

Have used them appx. twenty times in last   6 years. Great service for airport & Cruise parking right outside gate on Eller drive. Have like 23 shuttles. Go on line and cheaper.  If you join club (for free) free day every ten. Also if you cancel prompt refund to credit card. They  are in appx five other states.   Bob & Nancy     Will be there in Sept,dec. and feb.