September, 2020

lovetotraveltx

On 4/29/2020 at 5:21 AM, KateQ22003 said:

I live in Maine; we just had an update from the Governor yesterday. I don't believe you will see the ports in Maine opening this summer/fall, but it will depend on how the next few months go. We are still following "shelter in place", but many are ignoring the request. Southern Maine (Portland area) has been hit  much harder than the Bar Harbor area. They are cancelling all of the summer festivals/fairs, and are controlling gathering size. They are also mandating anyone out in public must wear a mask, but not sure how long that will continue.

I'm going to have a fit if Flo's Hot Dog stand is closed when we go up the end of June Lol

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I'm going to have a fit if Flo's Hot Dog stand is closed when we go up the end of June Lol

Restaurants are slated to open up June 1, so if all goes according to plan you should be good! 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: We were 3 couples from my husband's family traveling on the Breakaway on September 6 out of NYC to Canada/New England. Our paid in full date passed on May 9. One couple cancelled as things are changing every day, and they won't be comfortable that soon, if we can sail. Two of the couples, including my husband and I, are riding it out. Doubting it will sail, especially because of the NYC part, however, we decided if it's cancelled we will just wait and see what kind of future credit that NCL offers. Thank you for all of your comments!

5 hours ago, lovetotraveltx said:

UPDATE: We were 3 couples from my husband's family traveling on the Breakaway on September 6 out of NYC to Canada/New England. Our paid in full date passed on May 9. One couple cancelled as things are changing every day, and they won't be comfortable that soon, if we can sail. Two of the couples, including my husband and I, are riding it out. Doubting it will sail, especially because of the NYC part, however, we decided if it's cancelled we will just wait and see what kind of future credit that NCL offers. Thank you for all of your comments!

Ditto here. Fully paid waiting to sail but if canceled wondering what the FCC will look like

We canceled our Canada/New England cruise for October. We were before the final payment date and should get our refund. Even if cruising starts back up, I don't know if Canada will open the ports. We fully intend on booking again when this is all wrapped up.

As final payment was coming up soon, we cancelled our Sept Gem cruise and rebooked the Jewel out of San Diego to Alaska (May 2022).  We are hoping by then, the world rights itself a little better to make travel safe & do-able.  We are sad to give up the Canada/NE cruise but I really don't see comfortable stress free sailings till after the 2020 winter season. If I'm wrong...I'll be thrilled!

Edited by cdncruzer

I think there is a possibility for some ships to sail by September...but certainly not all ships.  If you happen to be on one of the ships that is used for the restart, then perhaps you will sail.  But then you run the risk of a changed itinerary or cancelled ports, so hopefully you're not set on the itinerary you originally purchased.  We have a March 2021 booked and I'm probably going to push it back to 2022 for the reasons I just mentioned.

I had an Alaska cruise scheduled for the very end of September that I canceled a few months ago. I didn’t feel confident that it would go, and I didn’t want to keep money tied up in the sailing and in booking shore excursions/hotels/airfare etc. I also did research before I canceled and was able to switch my 7 day studio on the Bliss for a 9 day inside on the Sun for $150 less in the cruise fare, plus I was able to get all the perks including airfare. That replacement sailing is a few hundred more than it was when I booked it already. If my cruise for this year had been a sailing to the caribbean I probably would have kept it until final payment, but I really don’t see a Seattle or Canada allowing sailing this year. 

I have a Canada/New England cruise booked for Sept 27, final payment due May 31, with plans to pay in full by the end of the month.  If it gets cancelled, it gets cancelled.  If the ports are changed I will cancel and rebook another cruise.  No big loss.

• Like 1

NCL just confirmed our 9/11 sailing on GEM from Quebec.  I am thrilled.  I know there will be more hurdles to jump over, but I'm going to stay positive and open-minded about last-minute changes.  Opening the Canada/US border would make me seriously happy.  If masks are required, we'll probably cancel, but otherwise not worried about the virus ... pretty sure I had it from a China trip in November.  Yeah ... we were in Wuhan November 12.  We're both super healthy and will get blood work done and see our docs in August in case something "medical" is needed.  Other than that, it will be just one week at a time all summer. 

Edited by jsn55
typo