Wow, they really must not want my business

10 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

thats true, but if he used a debit card , then they dont put the money back till they know for sure its justifiable dispute. 

And checking the facts takes more than a day or two.

On principle, it annoys me when someone "accepts an offer" to avoid risk, and then wants the same offer someone who was willing to take on more risk gets.  Gambling....don't gamble if you're a sore loser.

12 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

And checking the facts takes more than a day or two.

On principle, it annoys me when someone "accepts an offer" to avoid risk, and then wants the same offer someone who was willing to take on more risk gets.  Gambling....don't gamble if you're a sore loser.

i definitely see your point , i see both sides of it.  i think in this time things are different and they should make that exception. 

lets put it this way, the cruiseline can cancel on you a week out and then say they will give you a refund in 90 days.  Can we do that normally?  What happens if you cancel on a cruiseline 1 week out? we lose all our money.   

On 5/4/2020 at 4:11 PM, spartancruisers said:

Because even if they open back up and we take a cruise in 2022, there's no damn way I'm using these guys again.  Who knows what happens to the entire industry, but they better hope its not what they deserve.

So since 'there's no damn way I'm using these guys again' why are you even complaining?  You just cut off your nose in spite of your face.   No cruise line is going to bend their rules to refund someone who is never going to sail with them again. 

One of the things we did as this all began (we had 2 NCL cruises booked) was to read CC on perspectives of what might happen as no one knew for sure. We read posts on FCC and refunds along with NCL emails.
Opted to wait for NCL to cancel although we could have earlier based on what others posted and the reality of port closures, CDC etc.

So, that said we have a March cruise with a refund request that will take 90 days to process and tomorrow the refund request should be on the NCL site for our May cruise.
Yesterday's information was NCL was considering Chapter 11 or whatever form of financial bail out they could take.

I say-there goes our refunds!

Today news reports indicate they have obtained funding and will remain solvent.
You may have an FCC but it remains to be seen if NCL will actually provide refunds.
Has anyone received a refund for a cruise cancelled by NCL?

16 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

i definitely see your point , i see both sides of it.  i think in this time things are different and they should make that exception. 

lets put it this way, the cruiseline can cancel on you a week out and then say they will give you a refund in 90 days.  Can we do that normally?  What happens if you cancel on a cruiseline 1 week out? we lose all our money.   

I canceled an Oct 2020 MSC cruise in March, well before final payment.  I didn't get the refund as promised.  I opened a dispute and was given the temp credit.

In this case OP accepted an offer.  They gave me what he entitled to.  Accepting the first offer is low on the risk/reward spectrum.  Other people waited and were rewarded.  They could have gone on the cruise and been stranded in the ocean for weeks.  OP wanted to avoid it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I canceled an Oct 2020 MSC cruise in March, well before final payment.  I didn't get the refund as promised.  I opened a dispute and was given the temp credit.

In this case OP accepted an offer.  They gave me what he entitled to.  Accepting the first offer is low on the risk/reward spectrum.  Other people waited and were rewarded.  They could have gone on the cruise and been stranded in the ocean for weeks.  OP wanted to avoid it.

did you get your fell credit eventually from your dispute with msc? 

On 5/5/2020 at 7:58 PM, Oakman58 said:

He's on their books with a FCC.  All NCL would have to do is give him the cash that the FCC is worth and in reality that's what they should do.

I swear the NCL cheerleaders would still stand behind NCL even if the company filed bankruptcy and negated al those FCC.

Absolutely not. The cruise line should enforce the policy at the time of cancellation. What the OP should have done is wait for the cruise line to cancel the cruise (which they did a week later). Deal or No Deal. The OP took the Deal. Now they want to go back because they found out that there was something better in the other briefcase. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Loucat said:

Has anyone received a refund for a cruise cancelled by NCL?

Yes, October on the Sun in Alaska.  But it was cancelled before final payment was due and in my opinion there is a very valid reason that deposits can be processed, based on the technology involved.  Since final payment wasn't due yet deposits can be processed as a normal cancellation - no penalties involved.  From what I can guess, their system is set to automatically apply a penalty for a cruise within 120 days.  Reprogramming a system is time consuming so I would speculate they've patched something together that requires significant manual processing.I

So not saying they aren't dragging their feet to preserve cash, but they are doing refunds.

On 5/4/2020 at 4:11 PM, spartancruisers said:

Regardless of the specific timing of certain company policies, etc etc, it seems like a really bad idea for their approach to be to hang onto a few thousand dollars of my money at the risk of many times that money if they just did the right thing.  Because even if they open back up and we take a cruise in 2022, there's no damn way I'm using these guys again.  Who knows what happens to the entire industry, but they better hope its not what they deserve.

NCL really wants your business and gave you the FCC that you explicitly requested. And now you have to use the FCC with them, or forfeit the money. 

• Like 1

Sorry to see all of this confusion over something we all love: cruising.  I do not have a booked cruise, cancelled cruise nor FCC... I’m looking at 2021, and based on how y’all are being treated, hooked and dumped and then crapping on each other... my cruising days are iced for near future.  This morning I just about pulled the trigger on HAL deal... there really is no deal... I’d be buying gasoline at a tire fire right now.   Good luck to everyone who adores the open seas.  I’m so sorry this is happening....

8 minutes ago, TideChart said:

Sorry to see all of this confusion over something we all love: cruising.  I do not have a booked cruise, cancelled cruise nor FCC... I’m looking at 2021, and based on how y’all are being treated, hooked and dumped and then crapping on each other... my cruising days are iced for near future.  This morning I just about pulled the trigger on HAL deal... there really is no deal... I’d be buying gasoline at a tire fire right now.   Good luck to everyone who adores the open seas.  I’m so sorry this is happening....

You are mistaken.    "y'all"  are NOT all,  "complaining"  or have issues with NCL.   I certainly don't.   I had 3 cruises canceled and my accounting is correct.    Some of the posters are only responding.