Cruise with confidence enhanced

8 minutes ago, jrapps said:

I have read thru and searched this very long thread but still have a few lingering questions, hopefully someone can help

3. If they wont shift my cruise, would anything prevent me from booking a NEW sailing for the exact same week I have another 2020 sailing (essentially having 2 cruises booked for the exact same week) and then shifting the new cruise to 2021? My thought here is if they wont shift my cruise, I do a new booking and shift it myself and then wait for the original to cancel and get the 100%/125% FCC to apply to my new booking later this year

They will shift your current cruise as long as you shift it to a cruise that fits the criteria for 2021.  People, myself included have booked new cruises and had them shifted 

1 hour ago, firefox247 said:

As a passenger, should I expect to keep my current TA perks when using Lift and Shift or no?  I'm not sure how that all works out.  My TA is saying that they can keep the OBC, but the free-gratuity promotions cannot be extended to 2021 sailings.  Is this just because the TA doesn't want to do it, or is this a RCL policy or something?  I'm not sure who would be out money in the situation or if I should check other TAs to see if their Lift and Shift policies are different.

My thought would be, and it is only a thought, that promotions offered by RCI would shift over but if the promotion is offered by your TA there is no guarantee to that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, firefox247 said:

As a passenger, should I expect to keep my current TA perks when using Lift and Shift or no?  I'm not sure how that all works out.  My TA is saying that they can keep the OBC, but the free-gratuity promotions cannot be extended to 2021 sailings.  Is this just because the TA doesn't want to do it, or is this a RCL policy or something?  I'm not sure who would be out money in the situation or if I should check other TAs to see if their Lift and Shift policies are different.

In most cases the free gratuities are a perk offered by your TA and not Royal so it is up to your TA .

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, karaloo said:

Do you know if you can shift a Kids Sail Free promotion to a week that is not a Kids Sail Free week next year, as long as it is within the the 4 week window?

I think that's allowed. The new cruise we shifted to didn't show up as Kids Sail Free, and we were able to move it and keep our original pricing.

26 minutes ago, jrapps said:

I have read thru and searched this very long thread but still have a few lingering questions, hopefully someone can help

1. Does Thanksgiving fall within the L&S exclusions for holiday sailings? I cant find a link to the official terms but I remember Christmas/new years you could not shift the full 4 weeks. If I have a sailing that is 2 weeks before Thanksgiving 2020, can I shift it to Thanksgiving week in 2021? I assume I cant since the 2020 sailing would be Kids sail Free but the week of Thanksgiving is not.

2. Are all Friends & Family rates excluded? I read somewhere that Travel Agent F&F were, but is that the same as a Royal Employee F&F rate (not thru a travel agent)

3. If they wont shift my cruise, would anything prevent me from booking a NEW sailing for the exact same week I have another 2020 sailing (essentially having 2 cruises booked for the exact same week) and then shifting the new cruise to 2021? My thought here is if they wont shift my cruise, I do a new booking and shift it myself and then wait for the original to cancel and get the 100%/125% FCC to apply to my new booking later this year

1. Only Christmas, New years and Chinese New year are excluded unless they are booked on one of those cruises

2. Friends and family rates are excluded

Ken thanks for the info you have given.

Question? I booked a cruise 5 days ago for Jan. 2021 at a good price however my kids don't want me to go. Do you think i can Lift & shift to the same cruise in Jan.2022 even tho the price is higher

7 minutes ago, red devil said:

Question? I booked a cruise 5 days ago for Jan. 2021 at a good price however my kids don't want me to go. Do you think i can Lift & shift to the same cruise in Jan.2022 even tho the price is higher

Yes you can

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes that is fine

OK new twist to this

If I have a  cruise booked for 2020 with the kids sail free promo and my daughter is 12, when I shift to 2021 (my daughter will then be 13 at the time of sailing) will they still honor my 2020 price or will I lose the KSF promo since she would then be 13?

12 minutes ago, red devil said:

Absolutely

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrapps said:

OK new twist to this

If I have a  cruise booked for 2020 with the kids sail free promo and my daughter is 12, when I shift to 2021 (my daughter will then be 13 at the time of sailing) will they still honor my 2020 price or will I lose the KSF promo since she would then be 13?

Still fine

I have looked through his post and I haven't seen this issue come up...we are sailing on grandeur in the VO this year and we are thinking about possibly lifting and shifting but the only ship that has the same itinerary is Enchantment in 2021.  I would be ok on that ship no issue but the problem being is the VO on Grandeur is considered a full suite and for some reason on Enchantment it is not  (on Radiance it is).  I am paying a pretty steep price for it b/c we have it over Thanksgiving this year and I don't want to loose the suite benefits..before I bother my TA I wanted to see if any of you know or had the same issue!

Thanks

Edited by GalwayGirl03

2 hours ago, firefox247 said:

My TA was able to lift and shift my Harmony 7 day Eastern caribbean + Perfect Day Sailing leaving on 09/2020 to a Symphony 7 day Eastern caribbean + Perfect Day day leaving 08/2021. My free gratuities as well as my complimentary specialty dinner for two transferred over to the new sailing. It sounds like your TA is giving you a hard time. Since the booking number stays the same there shouldn’t be any reason your incentives don’t transfer during the L&S.

15 minutes ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

I have looked through his post and I haven't seen this issue come up...we are sailing on grandeur in the VO this year and we are thinking about possibly lifting and shifting but the only ship that has the same itinerary is Enchantment in 2021.  I would be ok on that ship no issue but the problem being is the VO on Grandeur is considered a full suite and for some reason on Enchantment it is not  (on Radiance it is).  I am paying a pretty steep price for it b/c we have it over Thanksgiving this year and I don't want to loose the suite benefits..before I bother my TA I wanted to see if any of you know or had the same issue!

Thanks

The VO category does not exist on Enchantment.  Officially you will not be able to Lift and Shift as it has to be the same stateroom category unless they are willing to make an exception.  You will need to call, even then I don't think they will be able to give you the suite perks on a non suite room.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

1. Only Christmas, New years and Chinese New year are excluded unless they are booked on one of those cruises

So I just tried to Lift & Shift and they told me over the phone that Thanksgiving is also an exclusion. They would not do it.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The VO category does not exist on Enchantment.  Officially you will not be able to Lift and Shift as it has to be the same stateroom category unless they are willing to make an exception.  You will need to call, even then I don't think they will be able to give you the suite perks on a non suite room.

Thanks that is just frustrating b/c it is the exact same room and for some reason they didn't give that room the VO distinction on Enchantment but did on every other ship in the same class!!

Edited by GalwayGirl03

3 minutes ago, jrapps said:

So I just tried to Lift & Shift and they told me over the phone that Thanksgiving is also an exclusion. They would not do it.

call back.  here is from their FAQ's

35. Are any sail dates ineligible for Lift & Shift?

Christmas, New Year’s, and Chinese New Year’s cruises are ineligible, unless your client is currently confirmed on one of these sailings and wishes to take advantage of Lift & Shift to move to the same sailing next year (assuming all other qualifying criteria is met).

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Christmas, New Year’s, and Chinese New Year’s cruises are ineligible, unless your client is currently confirmed on one of these sailings and wishes to take advantage of Lift & Shift to move to the same sailing next year (assuming all other qualifying criteria is met).

They also told me they are no longer allowed to shift from an Eastern Caribbean to a Western Caribbean (and vice versa). Anyone else have that issue?

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Is there a website this is listed on? I called back again, was told the same thing by another agent, and they specifically asked me where I read that only Christmas, New Year’s, and Chinese New Year’s cruises are ineligible. They said unless I can point them to a specific page on their own website with that language, there was nothing they could do.

We were unable to lift and shift our November Western Caribbean cruise because the room category we had booked was not available one year out. But we were able to cancel, get our nonrefundable deposit back and book an Eastern Caribbean cruise a year out instead that happened to have a comparable room category available for a good fare. So it worked out for us without a lift and shift.